Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Thanks
We have booked the minimum we wanted, it will be interesting to see what we get but - hey - we are on holiday, anything is a bonus!
Booking Singaraja Duplex should give you a Club Room. I would consider to change if still possible...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:35 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I was at the IC Bali in early sept and was upgraded to club duplex after booking a singaraja king, and paying for club bennies.

Here is a review of it : http://www.checkmyhacks.com/hotels/h...t-club-duplex/

On day 2, i negotiated a further upgrade to an Ulu Watu suite for 40usd, which was good value. I have not gotten the time to post that review yet, but I will once i get it together.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I was at the IC Bali in early sept and was upgraded to club duplex after booking a singaraja king, and paying for club bennies.

Here is a review of it : http://www.checkmyhacks.com/hotels/h...t-club-duplex/

On day 2, i negotiated a further upgrade to an Ulu Watu suite for 40usd, which was good value. I have not gotten the time to post that review yet, but I will once i get it together.
Loved your report. Thank you so much!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Loved your report. Thank you so much!
+1 ^
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: N/A
Hello All,

I’ve just booked 2 nights at the IC Bali, one using an award night (normal room) and paid for one night in the duplex suite (non-club).

Could anyone provide any insight on how to best approach a possible upgrade or when to ask for club privileges?

Would it be best to try to negotiate things in advance or at the hotel (It seems some people were able to get a nice suite upgrade from the duplex). Also was the $60 per guest per day or a flat fee?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hello All,

I’ve just booked 2 nights at the IC Bali, one using an award night (normal room) and paid for one night in the duplex suite (non-club).

Could anyone provide any insight on how to best approach a possible upgrade or when to ask for club privileges?

Would it be best to try to negotiate things in advance or at the hotel (It seems some people were able to get a nice suite upgrade from the duplex). Also was the $60 per guest per day or a flat fee?

Thanks!
If you have no Ambassador status, and looking at l/h/s column for your status details you are not even IHG Plat/Spire then I would not expect IC to allow you to keep have Duplex on the award night as that is a 3-level room type difference.

IC Bali is popular with Ambassadors Elites who on paid nights have upgrades guaranteed, so as you appear non-ihg-status it is best you contact hotel well upfront, as if quite full could be little choice at checkin for an upsell for you, but expect to be asked to pay full non-discounted published rates difference from booked rooms to get upgraded room+club access you want.
Your Duplex room is 3-levels higher than yor award booking

Note if you have booked paid night direct (not with an OTA) you could purchase Ambassador membership for us$200 which would give you a 1-level upgrade on the paid night, but then differential from award night is bigger and costlier difference.

If hotel is not that full at checkin then you may negotiate a discounted upsell at that point if not agreed more costly upsell by email, but would be out of luck if full either night.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think the OP booked a Classic room on points and a Singarja Duplex on paid rate. He / she said "non-club" hence my understanding.

To try to negotiate yourself into Club without any status even from a Singaraja Duplex will be an uphill battle and you will be quoted a Club surcharge. That surcharge will be even higher for the Classic room booking.

Amounts differ and I was quoted first 120 USD and later 80 USD per room for upgrade from a Singaraja room (not duplex) to a Club room during low season. I argued on the 60 USD offered to some folks here, but they didn't budge and I cancelled those bookings.

I later (close to planned travel date) booked a special rate offered by the hotel directly that gave a Singaraja room with guaranteed upgrade to Singaraja Duplex for 154++ USD with breakfast included and on top of which I got the Ambassador upgrade to a Club room. That was a pretty decent deal (low season though) and definitely not worth using points at that time. YMMV.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: N/A
Thanks you guys for the input. The below is correct. I actually just purchased Ambassador as well to complement platinum status.

I was able to get the following information for my stay, however my award night was not upgradeable, is this standard policy? Also would the club room provide for club access as well (assume that it does but just double checking).

We are pleased to reconfirm your reservation under your girlfriend name as following details :

November 28-29, 2015 at 1x Resort Classic Room under IHG Rewards Night Point (due to this reservation has linked to your girlfriend's membership and point we are not able to amend it into your name and also reservation under point is not entitled for room upgrade for Ambassador member)

November 29-30, 2015 at 1x Singaraja Duplex Suite under IHG Rc Advanced Rate (we have put your ambassador number as well for this booking and we had succeed to manage room upgrade to the next level category for this room. We have upgrade this reservation to Club Room)

Originally Posted by demue
I think the OP booked a Classic room on points and a Singarja Duplex on paid rate. He / she said "non-club" hence my understanding.

To try to negotiate yourself into Club without any status even from a Singaraja Duplex will be an uphill battle and you will be quoted a Club surcharge. That surcharge will be even higher for the Classic room booking.

Amounts differ and I was quoted first 120 USD and later 80 USD per room for upgrade from a Singaraja room (not duplex) to a Club room during low season. I argued on the 60 USD offered to some folks here, but they didn't budge and I cancelled those bookings.

I later (close to planned travel date) booked a special rate offered by the hotel directly that gave a Singaraja room with guaranteed upgrade to Singaraja Duplex for 154++ USD with breakfast included and on top of which I got the Ambassador upgrade to a Club room. That was a pretty decent deal (low season though) and definitely not worth using points at that time. YMMV.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Your Club room (ugraded paid night) will come with full club benefits. The no upgrade statement on a points stay is in line with AMB T&Cs though some hotels still grant it. The IC Bali is not one of them an goes by the book. You can negotiate a fee to upgrade your Classic room (points booking) to Club. Expect to be quoted 60US$ if you are very lucky like some other posters or worst case 120 US$ at the high end.

What amount you consider Club benefits to be worth it is your call.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Hi Guys, wonder if anyone has any thoughts.

I booked a Singaraja Room for 4 nights.

I have looked online and my booking has been changed to a "Resort Classic Suite"

Note: I am a gold ambassador.

I would like peoples thoughts. Is this an upgrade? I expected to be upgraded to the Singaraja Duplex room if anything?

I cannot find a rate online for the Resort Classic Suite to be able to compare and see if its a real upgrade or not.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:51 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Duplex Suite

InterContinental Bali Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Jalan Uluwatu 45 Jimbaran, ID 80361

Duplex Suite (17 Photos)

Check In

TheIntercontinental Bali Resort is known by many. Renowned for their impeccable service and well maintained property, I decided to stay here for 2 nights during my September 2015 Bali trip. I Stayed in both the Club DuplexSuite, and the Ulu Watu Suite.

Check in was quick and painless at the beautiful club lounge.

Room

As a Platinum Ambassador, I booked a King Singaraja Room ($300SGD after taxes) added on Club Access ($100SGD), and was upgraded to their Club Duplex Room ($540SGD after taxes). I found the upgrade offered to be very reasonable. This room was located at the Club Wing.

The spacious, Balinese inspired living room on the first floor was spacious and clean. Little signs of wear could be spotted.

The balcony, armed with auto air-conditioner controlled doors, offered an unobstructed view of the hotel gardens.

The bedroom was spacious for a duplex room, and had bottles of water scattered everywhere making sure I was always hydrated.

Bathroom

The bathroom, located next to the bedroom was elegant with a decent-sized tub.The upgraded amneties for club guests included Harnn, which is not very common across Intercontinentals. They even had a Listerine mouthwash, amongst other amenities.

Beach

The resort spans wide, claiming a large part of the Jimbaranbeach, which is kept pristine and clean.

The magnificent Jimbaran sunset, at the beachfront of the resort.

Pool

The exclusive club pool, meant only for club guests was very quiet and private.

On the way to the Sunset Bar for the evening coctail hour, I passed by the busiermain swimming pool of the resort.

Dining

Afternoon Tea was indescribable. TWG Tea, sweet and savory bites on a layered platter including scones with jelly and freshly whipped cream. Forget lunch, this is the real deal.

The ambience of the Sunset Bar, which also serves dinner (mainly meat & seafood grills) at very reasonable price. Or you can take a 5 minutes walk to the Jimbaran seafood cafes and be spoilt for choice.

Breakfast the next day was served at the club lounge, where I opted for an outdoor seating. The format is ala-minute ordering from the menu, with a couple buffet items inside the lounge.

Overall

The experience at the Intercontinental Bali Resorthas been amazing. From the room, location and food to the club benefits, I could not flaw anything. A hotel that has made a connection with me. HereI feel homey and well taken care of. I can most definitely say this will not be mylast visit.

About Me

I'm Aamir, A luxury traveler and travel hacking enthusiast.I actively blog at Check My Hacks

Duplex Suite

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Bali Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Think me and the guy above had very different stays. Id give this hotel 3.5 out of 5. Had a club room. Lots of positives but many little annoyances.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:18 am

+1. While an overall nice property with good service, there are many issues I have had over the years that keep creeping up and would prevent me from giving a similarly glorifying review. Is it a good resort and a solid choice - yes, but at average prices of 400US$ (including tax and service charges) for a Club room there are a fair number of alternatives around that deliver equally polished service and facilities so small things do start to matter.

Plus, while I appreciate reviews the blog promotion part by the other poster could easily have been skipped. YMMV.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Rizla
Hi Guys, wonder if anyone has any thoughts.

I booked a Singaraja Room for 4 nights.

I have looked online and my booking has been changed to a "Resort Classic Suite"

Note: I am a gold ambassador.

I would like peoples thoughts. Is this an upgrade? I expected to be upgraded to the Singaraja Duplex room if anything?

I cannot find a rate online for the Resort Classic Suite to be able to compare and see if its a real upgrade or not.

Any thoughts?
It is an upgrade. Actually if you Google for the room type you will come across some IC Bali websites still listing the room and giving a layout so you can get a feeling. There are a total of 8 or 9 of these IIRC and they are in the Classic wings of the resort (basically to the left of lobby and main pool when looking towards the beach). Nice size though a refurb of the entire Classic wings wouldn't hurt as they are a bit aged, but well maintained.

They don't make these suites available for booking any longer, but use them for Amb upgrades these days. In the old days they used to upgrade Classic >> Singaraja >> Singaraja Duplex >> Classic Suite, but these days it goes Classic >> Singaraja >> Classic Suite >> Singaraja Duplex.

If you prefer the Singaraja wing (4xxx) rooms with little lounge downstairs (not comparable to Club lounge to be clear) then you can contact th IC and ask for a Singaraja Duplex. Should be okay.

>>
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:55 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
If you prefer the Singaraja wing (4xxx) rooms with little lounge downstairs (not comparable to Club lounge to be clear) then you can contact th IC and ask for a Singaraja Duplex. Should be okay.
I would assume the lounge will be accessible even when staying in the Resort Classic Suite. So it's really a question of preference: Duplex or Suite, as well as location with respect to the beach.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.