Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MagicWok
Sounds like you had a great time Susiew - mirrors my recent visit back a short while ago.

I recall that there were banana fritters and some dips there in a cart close to the bar when I was there. Still not too substantial, but a relief from the crisps and nuts.

Yes they have that by the Club pool, we just returned in June.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yes they have that by the Club pool, we just returned in June.
Yes, you have reminded me. They were serving crepes by the pool the night we went.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Susiew237
Yes, you have reminded me. They were serving crepes by the pool the night we went.
They served both the bananas and the crepes but on different days while we were there.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well it looks like the IC Bali has had another change of heart and reward nights now book into Classic rooms again instead of Singaraja rooms as happened over the last few months. In line with T&Cs on what has to be offered over all, but still and odd back and forth.

IMHO they should just make both room categories available as reward nights and when Singaraja room allocation is used up then only Classic rooms are left. On most days the difference in room rate is 10 - 15$ a day (both room categories could do with a refurb, but the classic rooms are worn worse) so quite a "narrow" approach, but then that is nothing new here where penny pinching seems to be the standard rule and many things / requests need to be negotiated or escalated to get a reasonable outcome.

They are really lucky that they got an overall nice property (while aged) and good staff on the ground once you are there, but some of the management folks really seem to be out of touch with reality at times.

Also on a side note, the food offering and quality of execution is not developing for the better. 5-10 years ago it was brilliant and offered very authentic Balinese and Indonesian food options in addition to international choices, but with successive new executive chefs it has become super dulled down (zero chili in a nasi goreng / mee goreng, took beef rendang of the menu, etc.) or plain unacceptable like three times serving under cooked chicken sate (Jimbaran Gardens, room service, club lounge) on our last stay in June 2015.

The current French executive chef does not take feedback well from personal experience over the last 2 years and so far I have not seen much changes for the better. I mean I do not expect the full local spiciness levels and a menu that goes up and down the Indonesian archipelago, but at least offer a decent variety of options so people can experience local food choices and get the "frea**n" chicken cooked right. Any sate street vendor can do it. The only consistently good experience has been Ko (Japanese) at least for the Teppanyaki (never tried the sushi).

Now the IC Jakarta on the other hand offers excellent local dishes and food options in addition to the international selection and they are very authentic and well executed (as confirmed by many Indonesian friends) so it can be done. Yes of course we can just go outside which we do a lot and tastes differ (excluding the under cooked chicken here ), but I still think they used to do much better in this area. Okay (mini) rant over .

Last edited by demue; Aug 30, 2015 at 2:24 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:18 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
at the IC Bali today, paid 60usd+21% for club access while booking a singaraja king, received club room on app, upon check-in receive club duplex room. Minimal dated look, so far club perks have been great, Spa is on high demand so do book in advance at least 1 week prior to your stay.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I have a booking for a club duplex suite for 2 nights in oct. Just received an email from reservations at bali stating:

We have noted in our system that you are an active Ambassador member and being a member, your room will be upgraded to the next room category. However, we regretfully have to inform you that the next room category is unavailable during your period stay, therefore we would like to offer you if we could secure the same room that you currently reserved at the rate of the lower room category at USD 446 + 21% tax and service / room / night.

Having had a look the bukit suite is available and villa. (both are not exempt from the T&Cs)

I am a active Royal ambassador so presume I am entitled to the upgrade?

Sounds like they send these email cheekily like clockwork?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I have a booking for a club duplex suite for 2 nights in oct. Just received an email from reservations at bali stating:

We have noted in our system that you are an active Ambassador member and being a member, your room will be upgraded to the next room category. However, we regretfully have to inform you that the next room category is unavailable during your period stay, therefore we would like to offer you if we could secure the same room that you currently reserved at the rate of the lower room category at USD 446 + 21% tax and service / room / night.

Having had a look the bukit suite is available and villa. (both are not exempt from the T&Cs)

I am a active Royal ambassador so presume I am entitled to the upgrade?

Sounds like they send these email cheekily like clockwork?
Thats a terrible sales & marketing scam!!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thats a terrible sales & marketing scam!!
I replied with screenshots of the rooms to upgrade that are still available and referenced in the RA T&Cs for information.

Also copied in Ambassador services, they must think I was born yesterday.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:03 am

Just received this email:

Thank you for your email
in returned,
In regards to your room upgrade please allow us to discuss with our superior and we will get back to you as soon as possible once we get the result.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your email
in returned,
In regards to your room upgrade please allow us to discuss with our superior and we will get back to you as soon as possible once we get the result.
Its sad what they are doing. Who are the Superiors? LOL I am going back there next year and wondering if we should stay somewhere else.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Thank you for your email
in returned,
The same ploy they have been at for the last year at least. Worth a shot for them as there may be takers that accept the offer. I mean if they were completely sold out then I could understand, but not like that.

BTW, I was told that villas are off limits for upgrades. I discussed once if a Bukit suite would get me an upgrade to a villa, but it would be a case by case negotiation and I couldn't be bothered. Also one of the Jimbaran suites is used for accommodating some management staff IIRC, so only 3 are available for booking. Not bad as a staff perk.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by demue
The same ploy they have been at for the last year at least. Worth a shot for them as there may be takers that accept the offer. I mean if they were completely sold out then I could understand, but not like that.

BTW, I was told that villas are off limits for upgrades. I discussed once if a Bukit suite would get me an upgrade to a villa, but it would be a case by case negotiation and I couldn't be bothered. Also one of the Jimbaran suites is used for accommodating some management staff IIRC, so only 3 are available for booking. Not bad as a staff perk.
Well thats why I referenced the T&Cs and technically they shouldn't be off limits.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:32 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Just returned from a 2 x 1night stay here. The club benefits were amazing and worth the money paid for. Rooms and service were very good including the view etc, breakfast was spot on.

Booked a Singaraja King and paid $60usd for night 1 to add club + upgrade to duplex club.

Second night negotiated an upgrade of club + ulu watu suite for $100usd. a $40usd increased which im happy to pay due to the ulu watu suite being about $400usd more expensive.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:42 am

@mitpat474
Did you reach a satisfactory conclusion?
I am planning a stay in a few week and have emailed them about RA upgrades. They don't seem to differentiate between Ambassador and RA and they seem to be pretty strict on upgrades: upgrade to club room if you book anything below, and 1 category upgrade for booking club or above.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Banie
@mitpat474
Did you reach a satisfactory conclusion?
I am planning a stay in a few week and have emailed them about RA upgrades. They don't seem to differentiate between Ambassador and RA and they seem to be pretty strict on upgrades: upgrade to club room if you book anything below, and 1 category upgrade for booking club or above.
RA's get a 2 level upgrade while A's get a one level upgrade, unless that has changed recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.