Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aakaa
Now nothing. Go to Bali and enjoy your holiday.
Bali is in an area where volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occur regularly and tsunamis are possible. The fact that an earthquake just happened is irrelevant.
ok yoda thank you for your kind advice
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:31 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Stayed in a Club Duplex suite last November, which I thought was pretty nice.

Just checked in yesterday but staying in a Singaraja Duplex Suite this time and holy moly it is so much nicer than the Club suite!!! Brand new, showers in both bathrooms.

WHAT A GREAT VALUE!!!!!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lets see what happens when we check in April 7th.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well Singaraja, Singaraja Duplex and a new type called Singaraja Suite (same floor, not split level) should be mostly renovated by now. So they should have a fresher feel.

Did you book Club and stayed at Singaraja Duplex plus Club benefits extended or you had booked Singaraja?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:54 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Well Singaraja, Singaraja Duplex and a new type called Singaraja Suite (same floor, not split level) should be mostly renovated by now. So they should have a fresher feel.

Did you book Club and stayed at Singaraja Duplex plus Club benefits extended or you had booked Singaraja?
I opted to NOT stay in the Club Rooms this trip because they offered free breakfast with the "Stay Longer And Save" package (which I think requires 5 nights?). Breakfast was the only part of the Club Experience we cared about last time.

I am a Spire AMB and paid $158/night for a King Singaraja Room and they upgraded us to a King Singaraja Duplex.

Here is a video of our suite:

Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
I opted to NOT stay in the Club Rooms this trip because they offered free breakfast with the "Stay Longer And Save" package (which I think requires 5 nights?). Breakfast was the only part of the Club Experience we cared about last time.

I am a Spire AMB and paid $158/night for a King Singaraja Room and they upgraded us to a King Singaraja Duplex.

Here is a video of our suite:

Remodeled King Singaraja Duplex Room @ Intercontinental Bali Resort - YouTube
Certainly, with the latest changes to AMB and RA upgrades and the exclusion of pretty much all higher end suites the Singaraja room seems to be the sweet spot for AMB paid bookings. As RA a Classic room will do for paid stays as Club is given regardless.

158USD is a good rate, just remember there is 21% on top still.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:09 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Certainly, with the latest changes to AMB and RA upgrades and the exclusion of pretty much all higher end suites the Singaraja room seems to be the sweet spot for AMB paid bookings. As RA a Classic room will do for paid stays as Club is given regardless.

158USD is a good rate, just remember there is 21% on top still.

I agree. I will be back here at least 1-2 times per year and will book the Singaraja King from now on if they continue to offer the "Stay Longer (5days+) and Save." I got free breakfast, and 20% off all Dining (more on that below) and 20% off laundry. I can't justify the Club price if the breakfast is included with a regular room. And I don't need anything bigger or more fancy than the King Singaraja Duplex--it was literally the perfect room and the best value I have ever received at any hotel anywhere in the world.

I want to post a couple things that happened on this amazing one-week stay.

1. On my final bill they added a $1 charge-per-day to my room entitled "Other Charity Donation." Not knowing what in the heck this was I obviously brought it up to management's attention. The front desk told me that when I checked in that the person is supposed to ask if we want to donate $1/night to a local charity for something related to feeding the poor and I told her that nobody mentioned one thing. They obviously took it off the bill.

2. Upon check-in, the gal was NOT very clear on what "20% off Dining" actually meant. I interpreted this as 20% off my food bills if dining within the resort. Apparently that is NOT the case...and it is ONLY 20% off the FOOD portion of any bill. The front desk fixed this, but it was only a couple dollars of savings after the drinks were discounted.

3. The food at the IC is EXTREMELY MORE EXPENSIVE than the awesome seafood places literally a 2 minute walk to the left on the beach. For example, comparing the IC to the White Sands, the tuna steak dinner is $14 versus $4.50 and the margherita pizzas were $16 vs. $6. The price differences are too vast and the other restaurants too close to NOT mention this being important to the stay. However, I must ALSO say that we had the lamb ($32) at the IC and it was literally the best tasting lamb either of us has ever eaten. Hats off to the chef for that one.

4. We stayed in a Club Suite last November and told them we liked the Harnn Products so they replenished our room with Harnn toiletries daily. This was an awesome way for the hotel to show they appreciated us as return guests.

Overall, I think this is my favorite hotel for the money anywhere in the world and I look forward to returning next year. ^^^
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do Ambassadors get 20% off dining as well?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:25 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Do Ambassadors get 20% off dining as well?
I don't think so.

Although, I did get a 15% off Dinner coupon that popped up on the IHG app at check-in. I don't know if it was a one-time coupon or good for the entire stay as my rate included 20% off the whole stay--20% off FOOD, anyway.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
I don't think so.

Although, I did get a 15% off Dinner coupon that popped up on the IHG app at check-in. I don't know if it was a one-time coupon or good for the entire stay as my rate included 20% off the whole stay--20% off FOOD, anyway.
But i do recall on my previous stays the SPA said that Ambassadors get a discount, but not sure about restaurants. I think the welcome letter states it.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:28 am

The spa discount comes and goes and it may depend upon season. Last time there was none, unlike at IC Jakarta (may it rest in peace, now Ayana) where 20% off for IHG members was a standard offering.

For dining, depending on your plans, there are also "meal plans" on offer. Ask them, you basically purchase a set amount upfront and get dinning credit to your room account. Smallest one IIRC is pay 1million IDR and get 1.25million credit. Just nice for a dinner at KO. There are also higher denomination options with more free credit. I think this one works with drinks too if included in the bill, but I wouldn't swear on it. They can explain. This can be decent value over 20% on food, but you precommit to having some dining spend at the property. No refunds after purchase, but ut counts as dining spend for promos like Accelerate if you got such a target.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:48 am

What will RA benefit with the paid classic room in this property?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yes, i agree. I do not like the beach in Bali, I prefer the beach in Cuba. In Bali I stay by the pool close my eyes and chill. Ask for drinks to be served etc, enjoy the lounge and evening drinks.
While beaches in Bali are certainly not rivalling the Caribbean, IMHO, the beach at the IC Bali is one of the best hotel beaches around. Clean, nicer sand, nice calm environment (no sellers or so). Only nuisance may be other guests that behave poorly. Can't blame the hotel for that.
Yes, the beach is fabulous. Its several miles long, soft sand and its safe to swim.

And yes there are no loud jet skis making a dine and endangering swimmers...Indeed very little noise anywhere and long may it continue!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok so I booked the Club Room. Got upgraded to 2 level suite. On arrival upgraded further to Jimbaran Suite.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Are there any recent experiences, how much separate club upgrade costs for AMB, e.g. from a classic duplex suite on?

I will write them in the next couple of days anyhow, but some date would really be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.