Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I know this hotel is a very firm favourite with many, but I last stayed well over five years ago and never returned. Not too crazy about the location and there was something about the hotel that irritated me. But with a couple of days free between Jakarta and KL + a weekend night certificate to use up before year end, I'll back for a two-night stay in December.

The certificate is a bit of a disappointment: forces me into higher flexible rates, so saves only $50 a night. Better than nothing I guess.

I was impressed by the speed of the RA upgrade, which lifted me overnight from my entry level Jimbaran Deluxe to a Club Intercontinental room. Always nice to get club access under this new system, but nicer still if the room upgrade thing works too. I'm never quite convinced that sticking "club" on a room title is a room upgrade, but it's fine.

Getting round to my question - is a two-way airport transfer still a club benefit? Arranging a Grab from domestic arrivals has become much less fraught, but it'd be neater to get picked up and arrive at the hotel in style
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Included both ways. Just let them know your arrival time. We got it in April and August. Usually for RA book entry level like you did or a Club room and negotiate whether you can get an Uluwatu / Bukit Suite or so as they have neatly excluded all suites above the generic Club Duplex (only 1-level upgrade even for RA) via Ambassador T&Cs. The best flex rate being artificially set high sucks pretty much, I agree.

Was going again over Dec Christmas holidays, but silly / greedy rate policies did it for me this time. Just because we want to book a room over holiday period (not New Years) even the highly inflated best flex rates come with a 6 weeks prior cancellation deadline before turning non-refundable. So given we need to be close to Ubud and the drive is a pain we booked boutique villa at less than half the price of a Club room with a private pool, breakfast, afternoon tea and all andI safe over 50% in cost.

I said it before, it is a very good resort (grounds wise) and Club Staff are mostly excellent, but current Management Team is overplaying its hand in my book. Prices are getting ridiculous for Club and above and F&B is just okay these days while prices have been continuously jacked up. YMMV.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Just in Ubud at the moment in a boutique hotel that is lovely. First time at the IC in a club room as a Spire Ambassador in a few days, they’ve got their work cut out for them to match the service here.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by demue
....Usually for RA book entry level like you did or a Club room and negotiate whether you can get an Uluwatu / Bukit Suite or so as they have neatly excluded all suites above the generic Club Duplex (only 1-level upgrade even for RA) via Ambassador T&Cs.

Correction to my original post: I booked a classic room, lowest of the low

although I'm not impressed by the online upgrade - the speed with which they managed it was impressive.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Included both ways. Just let them know your arrival time. We got it in April and August. Usually for RA book entry level like you did or a Club room and negotiate whether you can get an Uluwatu / Bukit Suite or so as they have neatly excluded all suites above the generic Club Duplex (only 1-level upgrade even for RA) via Ambassador T&Cs. The best flex rate being artificially set high sucks pretty much, I agree.
I booked a Singaraja Room and have been upgraded to a Duplex Club Suite for a one-night stay in December en route to the Gili Islands. Do I understand correctly that I'm entitled to a free airport transfer? I had not heard of this before.

I would probably take it only one way, upon arrival, as my local friend will probably drive us to the ferry terminal.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:56 pm

What do they charge for an airport pickup service for non-club guests?

ETA: Found the answer. Looks like it's 550-850K IDR depending on the car.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:19 pm

I've been reading the Q&A section on Tripadvisor with an IC Bali rep responding to some of the questions. From a post 8 months ago standard upgrade for a Plat Amb booking a Singaraja Room gets you a Duplex Suite (without club access). Club access can then be added for $80++ per night.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I booked a Singaraja Room and have been upgraded to a Duplex Club Suite for a one-night stay in December en route to the Gili Islands. Do I understand correctly that I'm entitled to a free airport transfer? I had not heard of this before.

I would probably take it only one way, upon arrival, as my local friend will probably drive us to the ferry terminal.
Club - whether booked outright or upgraded - comes with airport transfer included. At least so far, hoping it stays that way. You never know though these days.

Last edited by demue; Nov 2, 2018 at 3:52 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by greendx
What do they charge for an airport pickup service for non-club guests?

ETA: Found the answer. Looks like it's 550-850K IDR depending on the car.
Yes, gone are the days when it was 12 USD one way and later 20 USD. The IC is 20-30 mins away from the airport even with a bit of traffic. The hotel transfer at the lowest rate is about 10x what a cab costs from the airport (best try to get a Bluebird). That is just too much.

Grab car also ranges from 50-60k IDR if you can manage the slightly more cumbersome pick up situation.

One can get transfer to Ubud from some of the 5* boutique hotels for 650k IDR and that's 1.5 - 2hrs depending on traffic.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by greendx
I've been reading the Q&A section on Tripadvisor with an IC Bali rep responding to some of the questions. From a post 8 months ago standard upgrade for a Plat Amb booking a Singaraja Room gets you a Duplex Suite (without club access). Club access can then be added for $80++ per night.
The days of 80$ supplement upgrades to Club are a thing of the past to my knowledge. These days, you will usually get quoted the difference between your upgraded room category best flex rate and Club room best flex rate. See what they say, never hurts to ask and in your case you nay want to keep the Duplex suite over the actual Club room anyways. YMMV.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Yes, gone are the days when it was 12 USD one way and later 20 USD. The IC is 20-30 mins away from the airport even with a bit of traffic. The hotel transfer at the lowest rate is about 10x what a cab costs from the airport (best try to get a Bluebird). That is just too much.

Grab car also ranges from 50-60k IDR if you can manage the slightly more cumbersome pick up situation.

One can get transfer to Ubud from some of the 5* boutique hotels for 650k IDR and that's 1.5 - 2hrs depending on traffic.
yup, and if you know a local driver who can do the pickup for you, it’s 350k IDR for the airport to Ubud, a bit more if you tip well.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:50 am

Club - whether booked outright or upgraded - comes with airport transfer included. At least so far, hoping it stays that way. You never know though these days.
Brilliant. Thank you. Will write to make the booking.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I’ve managed to negotiate 370k from Ubud to the IC with a driver recommended by my hotel.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Has anyone had day use of the resort without charge? I am considering the IC for my trip in February, but my flight home departs at 1am. Would they let me stay on the grounds until evening if I check out on time, or would I have to book an additional night? Or does anyone know what the day rate would be if they offer one?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:59 pm

Possible, they have a room / lounge setup over on the 2xxx wing for late departing guest. Has showers, lockers, sofa etc. May just get a bit crowded depending on usage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.