FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:59 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Mhm, many questions. I'll just give a brief view on some.

The volcano is far enough away to not impact the resort unless it is massive eruption and the wind is bad.

The food at IC Bali is decent though it depends on what you like to eat. For Indonesian food, being very used to and familiar with it, I can only saying for us it is "okay", but again tastes differ so YMMV. Definitely a lot of good food in Bali, a lot of which outside of hotels.

The resort and the grounds are very nice at IC Bali. These days on the same land area developers would build at least two resorts. Renovation , by 2019, should have progressed well, though the Club wing is planned to be renovated from late Oct 2018 onwards and I wouldn't count on it being all done by then.

IC SIN Robertson Quay I would skip unless you like small rooms for an IC and an area that is not that well connected (for Singapore standards). I would stay at the IC SIN at Bugis where rooms have been renovated too.

Flying to Bali from SIN (one-way?) in Biz certainly far out KLM has very competitive fares. If paying cash I'd go for that. If part of mileage redemption SQ is obviously good, but cash prices are high. Garuda is in between the two and actually, in my book, very good. I have no gripes flying GA at all and domestically in Indonesia GA would be my absolute top choice.

The IC in Bandung is a huge disappointment and Bandung turns into a jam packed hell over the weekend when Jakarta people flood the town and traffic grinds to a halt. Great food, nice mountains, but ...

The old IC in Jakarta is gone (rebranded now) and the new one will be in a very different area that due to traffic mau not be great for touristy stuff.

Can't comment on Phuo Quoc other than that pics look decent enough. Vietnam Airlines would also be my choice if I was to go.

Last edited by demue; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:20 am