Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Found this thread very helpful so adding another data point. Just checked in for a short stay as Ambassador. Booked normal Club room, upgraded to Club Duplex but turned it down as on my previous stay in September I did not like the two levels to the room. Ended up back in Club room and offered massage or a dinner as compensation. The funny thing is I thought I heard them say they had upgraded me to a Balinese suite when I checked in! So felt disappointed due to miscommunication (ah the things we worry about).

Considered pushing further for a suite but they are under no obligation to do so and it would seem churlish. Mind you, the rates are expensive right now ($450++ a night or so for Club room) which is pushing it relative to, say, Jimbaran Puri Bali. But I'm travelling on my own and will indulge heavily in the three-hour of free drinks at cocktail hour so...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
If I book a Duplex, 1 King Bed Singaraja room and also become an Ambassador member, would the guaranteed upgrade get me in to a Club room? What room category would I have to book such that the guaranteed upgrade would get us in to a Club room/level? Stay is in late May '14.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
If I book a Duplex, 1 King Bed Singaraja room and also become an Ambassador member, would the guaranteed upgrade get me in to a Club room? What room category would I have to book such that the guaranteed upgrade would get us in to a Club room/level? Stay is in late May '14.
I am pretty sure to get club access you need to pay for a club room. I am returning there next week for my third visit and highly recommend the Club accommodations. The food at the restaurants are also surprising good. I have stayed at the Ayana and the Chedi Club and have found the IC Club to be just as good.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:04 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
If I book a Duplex, 1 King Bed Singaraja room and also become an Ambassador member, would the guaranteed upgrade get me in to a Club room?
No.

What room category would I have to book such that the guaranteed upgrade would get us in to a Club room/level? Stay is in late May '14.
A CLUB room. There's an upgrade list somewhere in this thread.

The IC Bali is stingy -- they won't upgrade you from non-CLUB to CLUB, at least as an Ambassador. Best value, in my opinion, is therefore to either book Classic Standard and be upgraded to Singaraja Standard, or book Singaraja Standard and get Singaraja Duplex.

HTB.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just emailed the hotel about the RA upgrade...got this response:
"should you book our Singaraja Room or Singaraja Dulex Suite, you will get entitle complimentary upgrade to our Club Room or Resort Classic Suite"

I'd get a club room if i booked a standard so why would I book anything other than the cheapest standard?

What would you guys say is the best type of room to book for a RA upgrade for 2 nights?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am planning to book the Club Int Duplex, it is 4 of us, but will we get a separate bedroom and what upgrade will we get as an Ambasaddor? I prefer 2 separate bedrooms.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by apolloms
Just emailed the hotel about the RA upgrade...got this response:
"should you book our Singaraja Room or Singaraja Dulex Suite, you will get entitle complimentary upgrade to our Club Room or Resort Classic Suite"

I'd get a club room if i booked a standard so why would I book anything other than the cheapest standard?

What would you guys say is the best type of room to book for a RA upgrade for 2 nights?
I always book the classic room as RA and get a decent club room .
don't forget once upgraded to ask for the comp transfers from airport
if you email and ask for 3rd floors I find that the best a you can leave the door open at night and also it seems the coolest room.
the 16 18 20 rooms are very large.

Last edited by aussielori; Jan 19, 2014 at 1:49 am Reason: Typo floor
Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
I always book the classic room as RA and get a decent club room .
don't forget once upgraded to ask for the comp transfers from airport
if you email and ask for 3rd food I find that the best a you can leave the door open at night and also it seems the coolest room.
the 16 18 20 rooms are very large.
so the club room is decent? Kind of a splurge trip but i dont want to spend all that much if an upgrade to a club room will be adequate.

basically I can get a club room by booking a Resort Classic for $196
or a club Balinese suite by booking a club for $340

which should i do?

Last edited by apolloms; Jan 18, 2014 at 7:48 am
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:42 am

Having a lovely stay again here.
Booked classic got a somewhat ocean club,
Spend all my time at the club pool so I'm very happy,
Shame I won't make RA this year.
Club room more than adequate.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I normally book the bali suite and take the upgrade to uluwatu suite which is divine.

The bali suite is not a lot more than the club room.

Best uluwatu suite is ground floor right on club pool IMHO

The club is great and cocktails on the beach are just perfect.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dewby
I normally book the bali suite and take the upgrade to uluwatu suite which is divine.

The bali suite is not a lot more than the club room.

Best uluwatu suite is ground floor right on club pool IMHO

The club is great and cocktails on the beach are just perfect.
Stayed in this suite the last time. Quite nice and I like the access to the pool from your front porch.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Gets a bit noisy at 7 am though with people chatting!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:33 am

well, booked the regular room to just have the regular club upgrade.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My question was answered as follows:

Greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort,

In regards to your email below, should you book our Club InterContinental Duplex, your reservation is entitle upgrade to our Club Uluwatu Suite. Our Club Uluwatu Suite is only consist of 1 bed room and have separate living room, could only accommodate for 2 Adults and 2 children.

in addition, herewith we are pleased to offer our Get together package on 13-16 June 2014 at Club Duplex Suite.

Get Together Package

- Minimum 2 nights stay required

- Full deposit non-refundable at the time of booking

- Inclusive complimentary roundtrip airport transfer

- Breakfast for 4 person

- Unlimited gelato for children below 12 years old

- A Sofa bed and extra bed may be set up for third and fourth person

- A Sofa bed and extra bed may be set up for third and fourth person

Club Duplex Suite with average nightly rate at USD 387+21%VAT/room/night

We do hope above offer would be match with your expectation and we are looking forward to hearing your acceptance within 24 hours otherwise the availability room and its rate is subject to change without prior notice.

We are looking forward to hear good news from you and please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aussielori
Gets a bit noisy at 7 am though with people chatting!
Does it? To be honest I never felt that. Maybe I was there off peak but the club pool was quiet all day long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.