Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by htb
T&Cs say you will get a one-level upgrade. "A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned upon check-in to InterContinental Ambassadors."

HTB.
Wasn't there a clause once in the RA version that said something about specialty suites? I thought so but then memory is blur as they keep tweaking that T&C stuff and never tell. I mean great if it is not there, but in the case of Bukit Suite to Imperial Villa I would still recommend to align with the hotel before (on upgrade and use of FWNC) to avoid issues or disappointment. YMMV
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by demue
Wasn't there a clause once in the RA version that said something about specialty suites? I thought so but then memory is blur as they keep tweaking that T&C stuff and never tell. I mean great if it is not there, but in the case of Bukit Suite to Imperial Villa I would still recommend to align with the hotel before (on upgrade and use of FWNC) to avoid issues or disappointment. YMMV
There is an actual small list of the hotels exempt from the RA upgrades, I don't believe there a blanket term for specialty suites though
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by Michael747
Hi there

I am new to the IHG Rewards Club. We would like to stay at the IC Bali end of Oct. 2014 for 6 Nights. Here my question, when I pay for Ambassador Status, do I get an Upgrade from Bukit-Suite (paid booking) to Imperial Villa? Because that would be the next category.
I have actually no Points on my Rewards Club Account and I have "Club" Status.

Thank you very much for your help
Hi Michael,

Whatever they are going to promise you...be careful. Ask them to send you any agreement and upgrade confirmation via email, not just via the fon.
I had a stay on points and was offered the club room for a add rate of $ 120++/per night. Reservation desk also advised to go for the Amb membership 'in order to guarantee a one level room upgrade (club room duplex suite).
I did it and some weeks later I ask again for this upgrade. Than I was told that a reservation on points are not entitle you for any upgrade. ....Thank you very much...
I sent all the collected email converstion to the res-desk and still waiting for any comments.....Very sad impression.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Consistent advice from us all.

This is a great hotel but has its quirks. Make contact with the hotel and get any confirmation in black and white.

My experience is they are very good at honouring what they have too but are very good at squeezing customers for money with anything else (children even under 10 in parent club room or suite for example).

It does become irritating when you pay $700 for a suite and they ask for another $50 for a 4 year old who can't use the club anyway.

All that aside it is still one of my favourite properties.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:53 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Wasn't there a clause once in the RA version that said something about specialty suites?
The terms look different for RA. But the poster was pondering whether to buy Ambassador Status or not. I'm sure he's not an RA.

HTB.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by htb
The terms look different for RA. But the poster was pondering whether to buy Ambassador Status or not. I'm sure he's not an RA.

HTB.
Yep- only a lowly Platinum. However, the marketing manager was kind enough to reach out to me and confirm that they would honor the rate quoted on the website, and also that the Ambassador upgrade for a Club Duplex Suite would be a Balinese Suite, same as listed here earlier in this thread-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14263104-post305.html

Looking forwards to returning to this lovely property with my family!

Friendly
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Yep- only a lowly Platinum. However, the marketing manager was kind enough to reach out to me and confirm that they would honor the rate quoted on the website, and also that the Ambassador upgrade for a Club Duplex Suite would be a Balinese Suite, same as listed here earlier in this thread-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14263104-post305.html

Looking forwards to returning to this lovely property with my family!

Friendly
Bali suite is nice but be aware of the location of some of them. They are not necessarily in premium locations.

Interesting bathroom though with a huge shower and a dunking tank made of wood for the bath.

If budget allows try and secure a uluwatu or jimbaren suite. They are worlds apart.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:29 am

Thank you for your advices. We now booked the Imperial Villa
And I purchased Ambassador Status.
I don't know, if we will get an upgrade to Jivana Villa. Maybe

Does anyone know more about the Villas at Intercontinental Bali Resort?
Via Google I don't find that much information, pictures or videos from the Villas.

Thanks for your answers
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Michael747
Thank you for your advices. We now booked the Imperial Villa
And I purchased Ambassador Status.
I don't know, if we will get an upgrade to Jivana Villa. Maybe

Does anyone know more about the Villas at Intercontinental Bali Resort?
Via Google I don't find that much information, pictures or videos from the Villas.

Thanks for your answers
Will pm you.

They are the same size and price should be the same.

The imperial villa is more traditional. It's only problem is it is situated right at the end of the resort and a long way from the club pool area, but you have a private one and full time butler.

The jivana villa is right next the the club pool and is very modern in comparison.

It is a matter of taste for you.

I can pm you a stack of pics and vids of the imperial villa.

Both though are huge and like a 2 storey family house. Very private if that is what you need? How many of you are there? You can easily house 6-8 people in those villa.

Last edited by dewby; Aug 21, 2014 at 1:46 am Reason: Update
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:25 am

We were in an Uluwatu or Jimbaran suite last time - forget which - they offered us a paid upgrade to the Jivana Villa which we didn't take but we did tour it. It's very nice and in a great location next to the club pool as dewby says and also to the beach. It is surrounded by private very established tropical gardens. It comes with its own butlers. I think it's too big for just 2 people - it would be great for 2 couples or a family with teenagers. There's a video on YouTube if you search.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
We were in an Uluwatu or Jimbaran suite last time - forget which - they offered us a paid upgrade to the Jivana Villa which we didn't take but we did tour it. It's very nice and in a great location next to the club pool as dewby says and also to the beach. It is surrounded by private very established tropical gardens. It comes with its own butlers. I think it's too big for just 2 people - it would be great for 2 couples or a family with teenagers. There's a video on YouTube if you search.
We are 3 Adults and this villa will be perfect for us.
I found the video from the jivana villa befor, but we booked the imperial villa. From that type I didn't find any videos.

Thank you for your info.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dewby
The imperial villa is more traditional. It's only problem is it is situated right at the end of the resort and a long way from the club pool area, but you have a private one and full time butler.

The jivana villa is right next the the club pool and is very modern in comparison.
Isn't it the other way around or did they change the labeling of the villas? The Imperial Villa is right next to the Club Pool and the Jivana Villa is at the end of the property next to the additional Spa villa no?

Well when I took a tour of it that was in like 2005 so back then no Jivana Villa at all. Back then at least there was an Imperial Villa next to Club pool.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:02 am

No the Jivana Villa is definitely by the Club Pool side although you don't actually need the pool as you have a very nice private one at the Villa.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:33 pm

Isn't it the other way around or did they change the labeling of the villas? The Imperial Villa is right next to the Club Pool and the Jivana Villa is at the end of the property next to the additional Spa villa no?

Well when I took a tour of it that was in like 2005 so back then no Jivana Villa at all. Back then at least there was an Imperial Villa next to Club pool.
I was there 2 weeks ago and remain by my statement. 2005 is along time ago.

Ultimately they are the same apart from decor.

There used to be 3 villas but the other is being used for other stuff.

My question is why don't they build on the land between the land of the hotel and spa hideaways. What a perfect location to build beach villas for all of us with private pools.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:42 am

Not saying you are wrong. I do seem to recall that in the past they had 2 Imperial Villas incl. the one next to the Club pool. From what you shared it looks like they remodeled that one and turned it into Jivana. Never figured - slow to catch up even though I have probably been there 10 times since 2005

The best I managed as RA was the Jimbaran Suite (they got 4 IIRC) in the annex building at the end of the Singarja Wing (4xxx rooms) towards the beach facing Club pool on one side and Jimbaran Gardens restaurant on the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.