Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demue
You are talking about the IC Sanur (your past stay experience) or IC Jimbaran? Seems John from LL is at the IC Sanur (ex-Fairmont) and we have a separate thread for that "newish" IC so folks don't get confused. Maybe mods can help to move the post.
Oups, you are right.
I confess I had forgotten that Bali has two InterContinental properties.
I actually stayed at the InterContinental Bali Resort

(but I still don't feel that the second hotel is so horrible, despite some furniture scratches)
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jul 28, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by demue
HadesNL hope you had a wonderful trip to Java and enjoy the rest of your vacation at IC Bali (Jimbaran). Much appreciated on the welcome email, right now I'm booked on a paid pick up, but we'll see if I get any email similar to yours.

With regards to Joumpa service, I saw (via email from concierge) that IC is charging 500k IDR per person which is actually a bit cheaper than Joumpa directly (620kish IDR IIRC), interesting as I think offered services match exactly.
Demue

depending on what time you arrive and who you fly in with, I would recommend the service. It was excellent and made entry pretty simple but the only real time saving - I arrived in Qatar- was immigration.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lightbulb Uluwatu suite #6423

After a hectic 12 days touring around Yogjakarta, we have returned to the IC Bali.

Flying Garuda Business Class domestic is a comfort with friendly stewardesses and priority luggage coming at it's own belt at DPS. Also a decent business seat instead of the euro-business seats crap of LH-group.......
Also we needed the luggage allowance as we had bought more crap momentos to take home.

We sat next to Theatre producer Dutch Queen of Gossip : Albert Verlinde
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Verlinde
https://www.mediacourant.nl/?s=Albert+verlinde
Seems he came from Amanjiwo, went now onwards to Amandari Ubud and then to Amankila.....

Albert Verlinde +1 reading Amandiri excursion/activities guide
Fancy Schmanzy!

Arriving domestic in DPS, porters are available and a welcome relief to carry the suitcases to meet the IC Bali representative and the walk to the hotel transfer vehicle. I can attest to binman that this time the van had no internet. Normally when booking the hotel transfer service, the vans they used are white, ours this arrival was black coloured...... maybe a replacement vehicle?

These are the pictures of the Uluwatu suite:

Especially for demue

Entry into suite

Living room

Dining table for 4

View from living room on club pool

Bedroom with ceiling fan and alarm clock

Bedroom door to balcony

Door to balcony, you can also enter from living room

Bedroom balcony

View from balcony

Walk in closetspace

Spacious for 2 suitcases

Enough storage space

Bathroom

Amenities

Big walk in shower

Rainforest + handheld

1 touch shower

Yes ! The Japanese perfected toilet technology to its zenith

OMG: i have died and gone to heaven : latest in Japanese toilet technology

All the usuals

Illy coffee machine

Teas by TWG

Minibar contents

Snacks from minibar

Menu by QR

Decor : feel like THE pink panther

Thoughtful touches

Minibar pricing

Notice 1

Living room once again

Welcome amenity

Conclusion:
A room with lots of (eu-prong) poweroutlets and USB-A outlets + strong internet keeps the lads happy.

The bed and pillows passed the +1's test of passing out and snoring to inhale the drapes.....
I am still amazed by the marvelous ingenious Toto washlet...... i want one of those at home!

PS: Homer Simpson and i share the same fascination with Japanese toilets
demue, cln and jongesander like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 4, 2022 at 8:45 am
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by binman
Demue

depending on what time you arrive and who you fly in with, I would recommend the service. It was excellent and made entry pretty simple but the only real time saving - I arrived in Qatar- was immigration.
Thanks, I had already booked it, but directly without the hotel. Hence, I noted the price difference.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Spa Uluwatu + beauty salon has reopened! Pricelist Fri 29 Jul 2022

After our arrival we went to check out the beauty salon.....

Don't judge....

This too has been refurbished and transformed in a different space...

Entry into beauty salon (level 1 next to club lounge)

The rinsing

The salon itself ,
unfortunately i have been thwacked by the ugly stick so i can't be saved

Pampering stations to make Cleopatra jealous

For our readers whom prefer coulours

And even more of an assortment of colours

Spa price list as of today fri 29 jul 2022
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:24 am

Lightbulb Sunset bar & grill + menu fri 29 Jul 2022

For an easy evening and to satisfy curiosity, the lads went to the sunset bar & grill.
Live music was playing with a nice lady singer + band.

Very popular and busy as a lot of people seems to be regulars to whom the singer dedicated her songs too.
Music was not overpowering conversation.

The evening menu of sunset bar seems to differ from what is found on IC Bali's webpage

The live music

The evening menu is different from the one posted on IC Bali's website

Drinkslist 1

Drinkslist 2

Drinks list 3

p

Ceaser salad

Grilled Salmon

Confirmed at Sunset Bar IHG - status members dining discount of 20% applied

Promo
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:27 am

Alcohol brands at IC Bali Club lounge

The adults ofcourse were sussing it out at the club lounge......

For those that prefer a specfic mix or brand or taste:

These are the brands of the adult beverages, the mixologist at the bar can use or are available:

A decent stock

And ofcourse all the usuals

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 29, 2022 at 7:35 am
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:34 am

Lightbulb Update Japanese restaurant KO

Our butler informed us that re-opening IC Bali's restaurant KO is delayed untill end of August.

The plan was to refurb the interior only,
But then so many hidden defects appeared, it was decided to complete redo the structure and exterior too.

Now they are starting actually to do the interiors and setting up the building back to restaurant mode.

A tip from our Butler:
The same Japanese chef is still employed by the hotel.....
Due to KO closure, he can be chartered to make a custom meal to be served in one's villa / suite or at one of the other restaurants.
A menu catered to one's preference can be made or he will do "omakase" style.
This must be requested at least 24 H in advance
demue likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 29, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
LoyaltyLobby LoyaltyLobby is very upset because the suite he received is unacceptable (you can feel the Compensation Clinic coming soon!.
Major rant warning:

nicolas75 Normally i agree with your perspective as RA and in travel attitude in general.
I was a bit miffed when you sabled down Loyaltylobby, as i find John has usually provided good info without being overly proHyatt/Oneworld like Ommaat. He also provides a more EU-perspective and EU news then most America based blogs and don't get me even started about their American credit card shilling which seems as repetitive as crack cocaïne!

Then again Sebastian makes some valid points in complaining,
Because if you don't, someone else might get stuck with the problem.....
but OMG can he moan and moan.

Well thanks to your comments there, you really opening my eyes as how Sebastian really travels as a demanding sourpuss trying to nag about everything.

nicolas75 I do really appreciate your enthausiastic tone and all effort for detailed photos!
Sebastian is however tone-deaf....
It defeats the purpose on leaving comments on his posts on their blog.

Why this long monologue?
Wanted to warn demue and others visiting the island that today Sebastian posted his Bali arrival experience:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/29/...ups-stay-away/

First:
if i would have travelled with such a pessimistic attitude, i would have hanged myself and never step foot on an airplane postpandemic

Second:
like nicolas75 said: flying economy because business is to expensive or no awards possible, is a choice
but then you must accept being logical in thinking& acting that you are way disadvantaged when arriving to tackle the formalities

Third:
any one remotely alive or breathing, knows that this summer is the rebound of long queues,
He seems to be a travel savy guy as he could have avoided that by going any first flight in
(or look at Bali arrivals which flights arrive at which same time to predict high travel arrival volume in Bali)
DO NOT ARRIVE ON FRI/SAT/SUN as many people from Singapore are doing a weekend trip + upcoming Singapore National Day getaways

Fourth:
I feel guilty that my post about Bali VIP Joumpa Gapura service has generated so much interested but then again the need to inform due to uncertainties outweigh hoarding egoistic privilige.

Fifth:
demue don't let it deter you from visiting the island!
binman you came in the nick of time!
jongesander glad you went first to inform all of us!

Quality time together makes it all worthwhile!
Glad to see romance isn't dead!

And all the effort to travel around the world is even more worth it if this is your view:

Walkway from lobby to main nirwana pool
ninjalad, nicolas75 and binman like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 31, 2022 at 2:57 am
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
My wife and I booked a sanctuary suite for this visit and to my astonishment the hotel upgraded us to the Bukit suite!! I didn’t think they did that!

It is vast, if I am honest too big for us, and the dining area superfluous to our needs. But I am not complaining, the view is fabulous and I love the balcony. There are two Japanese toilets and the pantry with its own entrance is mad!!

The suite could do with some small table lamps and feels rather empty. So much so, I popped to the local florist and supplemented the single display with our own. It also has no mirror near a power point to let my wife dry her hair. “ Can only have been designed by a man” she says!!!

5 nights in and it’s another terrific stay!

Entrance vestibule looking at sitting area with dining table for 6 to the right

Looking back towards sitting area from the small kitchen/pantry

Dining area

Bedroom

Kitchen/pantry with separate entrance

Vast shower

Bathroom

Bathroom from different angle

The ubiquitous and simply marvellous Japanese toilet!!

Wardrobe !!

This vast balcony is around 17m long.

The refurbished entrance. It is the same on both sides!

Lobby area

New centrepiece in the lobby.
demue and HadesNL like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
binman - thank you for the pictures of the Bukit Suite, keep it tidy please as we may get it after you . (Well there are 4, so 25% chance).

Actually, the Sanctuary Suites (former Jimbaran Suites I believe, at the tip of the 4xxx building) seem quite nice and should have a bigger outdoor space that can actually fit one of those day beds for lounging which the higher floor Bukit Suites (in 6xxx Club building) can't fit due to the lack of width of the balcony. Even a sun lounger won't fit unless put lengthwise.

But some of the former Jimbaran Suites were right next to kitchen of Jimbaran Gardens restaurant and kitchen exhaust could be bothersome. YMMV.
​​​​​
binman and HadesNL like this.

Last edited by demue; Jul 29, 2022 at 11:04 pm
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:58 pm

HadesNL - thank you for all the "reporting" back live from the scene. Certainly interesting to see the Spa menu, 60mins Javanese Massage went from 650kish to 900kish++. Manageable for a hotel like IC, but definitely a bump up. I guess the reno investments need to come from somewhere.

One thing I can see from the new pictures is that some of the "authenticity" of the resort got a bit lost with some of the upgrades. E.g. some of the art pieces and local crafts displays on walls seem to be replaced by generic, modern Bali elements that you find in many generic 5* Resorts on the island, e.g. in Nusa Dua. Not terrible, but not as iconic as before. Similar in the suites or villas, it has become a bit more mainstream design wise if that is the right word. Anyways, we shall see.

We'll certainly be there soon, coming in with the weekend inflow masses from Singapore just ahead of the SG National Day week. SQ flight looks packed in Biz, so the arrival service should definitely pay off, how fast it'll be in the end is anyone's guess, it'll take what it takes. No use to get worked up, its Bali after all. Chill is the mantra .
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by demue; Jul 29, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:00 am

demue : i understand what you mean about IC Bali's signature design elements dissapearing.....
The orginal traditional Balinese imperial villa design has been copied before by famous persons who shall remain unnamed, as it was really a testament to Bali's unique flavour

It seems the owner wanted a more modernist look to appeal to todays trends and perception of more white & bright and less dark atmosphere. Could also be that the hotel is betting on domestic tourists aswell, many whom find traditional Balinese statuary spooky.

For us foreign visitors and especially me, we prefer local Balinese designs in the hotel to give you a sense of having really arrived in Bali.

For example:

The group meeting space left of the main lobby has been transformed into something that looks modern and has become a seperate airconditioned space.

Renovated airconditioned space : left of main lobby
(could be a prelude to a IHG Diamond lounge, keeping the present club lounge for paying club guests/suites RA ?)
Ref: The future of Intercontinental? Changsha IC's De Facto Club Lounge

Above looks modern, right?
If i want modern, i'll stay at W Seminyak or Kempinski Nusa Dua
Those hotels are devoid of anything traditional Balinese.

Give me more authentic touches like:
(these have been fortunately spared)

From Hindu Mythology
Raja naga air : water serpent king

From Hindu Mythology
Raja gajeh : elephant king

Welcome gong at the front entrance

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 30, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:56 pm

Afternoon tea 30 Jul 2022

This is the afternoon tea set served at IC Bali club lounge on 30th Jul 2022

Etagière of nibbles

The menu

Glad to see honeymooners!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:51 pm

Jimbaran gardens food

Unfortunately since yesterday afternoon i have been struck playing the butt trumpet.
Good thing my S/O nurse talents are similair to Dr. House 's bedside manners

Was it the sushi that i left on the fridge for over a week ?
Or was i struck by the "es batu/ice cube" syndrome at a local Jimbaran seafood beachfront shack.....l ?

Anyway this is what the lads ate yesterday at Jimbaran gardens:

Jimbaran gardens balmy evening

Adaptation to western tourists returning: the cold towel + salt/pepper makes it comeback

Saté Kambing in ketjap peanut sauce

Comes with rice, kroepoek and atjar ketimun

Tumis seafood

Food portion was filling, taste excellent, they said.

My dinner yesterday was a bucketload of tablets though......
Am so fortunate to have the luxury Japanese Toto toilet at the Uluwatu suite, as it is a life saver !
Thank G-d for Japanese toilet technology !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.