FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:00 am
HadesNL

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
demue : i understand what you mean about IC Bali's signature design elements dissapearing.....
The orginal traditional Balinese imperial villa design has been copied before by famous persons who shall remain unnamed, as it was really a testament to Bali's unique flavour

It seems the owner wanted a more modernist look to appeal to todays trends and perception of more white & bright and less dark atmosphere. Could also be that the hotel is betting on domestic tourists aswell, many whom find traditional Balinese statuary spooky.

For us foreign visitors and especially me, we prefer local Balinese designs in the hotel to give you a sense of having really arrived in Bali.

For example:

The group meeting space left of the main lobby has been transformed into something that looks modern and has become a seperate airconditioned space.

Renovated airconditioned space : left of main lobby
(could be a prelude to a IHG Diamond lounge, keeping the present club lounge for paying club guests/suites RA ?)
Ref: The future of Intercontinental? Changsha IC's De Facto Club Lounge

Above looks modern, right?
If i want modern, i'll stay at W Seminyak or Kempinski Nusa Dua
Those hotels are devoid of anything traditional Balinese.

Give me more authentic touches like:
(these have been fortunately spared)

From Hindu Mythology
Raja naga air : water serpent king

From Hindu Mythology
Raja gajeh : elephant king

Welcome gong at the front entrance

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 30, 2022 at 7:57 pm