Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:09 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
jongesander : glad to annouce my reviews on both hotels in Yogjakarta:
the Hyatt Regency : Hyatt Yogyakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
the Accor MGallery Phoenix : The Phoenix hotel Yogyakarta

I can fully recommend the Bali + Central Java combi tour.
Having IC Bali as a base to begin to recover from jetlag and as the tail end of the tour to just merely relax and recover.

Flight time to Yogjakarta is only 1 hour, only snag is that the new airport (YIA) is far away from the city.
Both hotels mentioned above give you a different perspective and feeling
but you cannot deny that the fact that both hotels have at least rooms with balconies that can open up to fresh air.
jongesander likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Aug 7, 2022 at 8:49 am
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
demue : an interesting observation about the Bukit suite.
Now that you've mentioned it,
our Uluwatu suite did not have a footbench on the balcony while our Club twin room had two of those.
An after thought or an omission? Let the management know because the ultimate Bali feeling entails putting both feet up!
Could be that they are still waiting for the delivery of those....
Or maybe you ought to request those being brought over?

demue binman
Did you notice when you return to the room,
Use the keycard to open the door,
it automaticly turns on the reading light + overhead lights in the bedroom?
At least it did so in the Uluwatu suite, a nice feature to get home in the evening to a welcoming lit room.

Raynyan thanking you for the extensive documentation of the specialty suites collection and other videos of IC-hotels for reference and point of comparison : we know have an accurate scope on the inmense difference between the old vs new interiors!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
HadesNL - yes the lights on and a/c switched back on when re-entering the room. Regarding the footstools on balcony, maybe an oversight as the "rattan look alike" (it's plastic) chairs are new and possibly no one thought about ordering matching foot stools.

They brought us some of the old wooden ones out of storage though without any padding / cushions . They also kindly brought a sun lounger (brown one from beach / lawn area) to the balcony and I'm typing this message while lying on it to the sound of crashing waves, but in the shade. Definitely an easy fix and something I hope the Mgmt team will consider as lounging in your spacious suite is what the experience is all about IMHO.

One additional observation, not sure what others think. While I very much appreciate that the suite (and rooms I assume) got a new mattress (King Koil) the ones chosen are very firm for our tastes. Too firm and even the double topper they already had added makes it just about tolerable, but definitely not a "heavenly" sleep. Now, while firmer mattresses can be more common in Asian properties (e.g. Japan), this one is borderline uncomfortable for us and I could imagine a portion of guests may find it too firm as well.

YMMV of course and opinions and preferences differ.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:26 am

demue : good you set the tone with the sunlounger and footstool!

About the matras: i didn't have the feeling that they were too firm,
They were deffo not lumpy or saggy!

Then again i'm still hardened by fraternity hazing by sleeping on wooden planks for a week so whom do i kid....
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:04 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Checking into the IC Bali in two days.

I’ve stayed here many many times before Covid but have never stayed in any of their un-upgradable suites—I always stay in the Club Premium Duplex.

For the first time ever they have at least ONE of every Special Suite available for sale.

Thinking they might upgrade my for a reasonable fee are they even worth it?

Last edited by 355F1; Aug 29, 2022 at 5:13 am
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
Checking into the IC Bali in two days.

I’ve stayed here many many times before Covid but have never stayed in any of their un-upgradable suites—I always stay in the Club Premium Duplex.

For the first time ever they have at least ONE Special Suite available for sale.

Thinking they might upgrade my for a reasonable fee are they even worth it?
Worth it or not is very subjective to the individual(s) staying. It depends on size of your party maybe, what part of the resort you want to stay at and such.

The Club Premium Duplex are on 4th floor of the 6xxx Club Wing like before. The Bali suites are not in Club Wing but IIRC in the 5xxx range nearer to lounge and Ko Japanese restaurant (still closed btw). Uluwatu suites are again in club Wing near club pool. Sanctuary Suites are in 4xxxx (Singaraja) wing at the very tip near beach, but next to Jimbaran Gardens restaurant (can smell kitchen exhaust). Bukit Suites are again in Club Wing near pool and Jivana Villa.
​​​​​​
Not all higher end suites are available as some are blocked for the owner and their family and rumor had it some may still undergo some further renovation works.

As long as you are good with stairs, the refreshed Premium (Club) Duplex are quite nice, especially if you can get one closer to Club pool if you like some (partial) sea view etc.

Our Bukit Suite was soso in the quality of the (work) finishes and lacked some furniture and a proper design concept in our view (personal opinion), but what I have seen of the Duplex they are quite well designed (apparently that design concept was done by the former, proper architects and designers from JP Associates and not the current local design firm that took over).

See what they would charge for your upgrade and have a look at both suites before you decide would be my suggestion.
355F1 likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 29, 2022 at 3:30 am
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:45 am

Strangely enough:

Bukit & Uluwatu suite have disappeared from the hotel's website: https://www.bali.intercontinental.com/accommodation

Meaning:
- a further refurb/ outfit is being done binman & demue gave them good suite critique/commentary for improvement
- the owner has kept these for personal use for now

355F1
I believe the Club premium Duplex has:
- 2 bathrooms (lower 1:wc/shower+ upper floor 2: complete)
- stairs

The specialty suites have:
- no stairs in all of them
- if Pecatu Suite than 2 bathrooms (1:wc/shower + 2:complete)
- if Uluwatu suite 1 complete bathroom
- if Balinese suite 1 complete bathroom
(can't comment on others as i havn't stayed in them post-refurb)

So the difference is:
- stairs
- deployment of amount of bathrooms / extra toilet
- free transfer to/from airport
- the butler improved %accuracy rate

Others might chime in here......
-I prefer the specialty suites because i don't do well with stairs (Madeline Ashton)
-If anything needs to be done, the butler has it ready in < 1H

So YMMV if the specialty suite is really worth the extra $ vs your needs fulfillment of the club oremium duplex
355F1 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:52 pm

Two small additional points to HadesNL inputs.

The Bukit Suite at least has an extra toilet with a sink for washing hands. That was nice for us, but you got actually a half bath in the Premier Duplex downstairs so even better.

While HadesNL somehow managed to charm them into giving a free return ride to the airport in hotel car / van, we did not get that offered even after I gave feedback that airport transfers should be included for specialty suites at least as more manageable for the hotel (there is a severe shortage of proper cars / vans and qualified drivers post Covid as many providers went bust, sold their cars etc.).

We took a booked Bluebird cab and came out 50-70k IDR IIRC. Was perfectly fine.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
So pleased I was not the only one who failed to get transport to or from the airport thrown in. I too questioned this and it really is nickel and dimming in a ridiculous manner. Moreover, while I paid for the transport it was nothing like the standard they had before for club guests.

As for the Bukit suite, I loved the space and location, but there was a lack of furniture and no design to speak of. It was a vast space but entirely unnecessary for me. I wouldn’t now look for anything beyond a duplex.

I did get a tour of the Jirvana Villa which was also lovely but at £3000 plus per night is something for those for whom money is no object and value less so.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by binman
I did get a tour of the Jirvana Villa which was also lovely but at £3000 plus per night is something for those for whom money is no object and value less so.
Exactly, and in that price range the competition is very stiff and one can get something much more impressive than the Jivana Villa. Price wise, the IC is over reaching in my book. Why would I pay 800-900$ +21% for a sparsely furnished Bukit Suite when I can get even more spacious 1-Bedroom Pool Villas in 5* settings for same or less?

On the same note, pricing for Singaraja rooms seems now 100+$ above Jimbaran Deluxe which is preposterous (used to be 20-30$ before Covid) as they are very similar even in size and that Singaraja "lounge" offers cookies and some tea or water or so.

As AMB if you are keen on Club, book the Club (Premier) room and get the Duplex. Else Jimbaran Deluxe and get Singaraja or maybe a Duplex without Club. YMMV
355F1 likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 30, 2022 at 7:38 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
looking to place a reservation for the end of this year here

Do pay for a club room upgrade from a standard room (by points) value the money?

I read there is also a club pool. Is there any adults only policy at this pool ?

Have all the rooms (standard and club) been renovated?

how is the rooms acoustical insulation ? (Do you hear many noise from the neighbor rooms (side or above)

many thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dav77
looking to place a reservation for the end of this year here

Do pay for a club room upgrade from a standard room (by points) value the money?

I read there is also a club pool. Is there any adults only policy at this pool ?

Have all the rooms (standard and club) been renovated?

how is the rooms acoustical insulation ? (Do you hear many noise from the neighbor rooms (side or above)

many thanks!
If a club room upgrade value the money strongly depends, but if you consume some alhocolic beverages in the evening, some softdrinks during the day and appreciate the club pool and lounge: yes.

There is an adult only policy at the Club Pool, except during the evening cocktail hours.

Not all the rooms are renovated lately as far as I am concerned.

Never had any noise issues.
demue and Dav77 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jongesander
If a club room upgrade value the money strongly depends, but if you consume some alhocolic beverages in the evening, some softdrinks during the day and appreciate the club pool and lounge: yes.

There is an adult only policy at the Club Pool, except during the evening cocktail hours.

Not all the rooms are renovated lately as far as I am concerned.

Never had any noise issues.
many thanks!

for sure 120$ x night for club is not so low, being in Bali, but I believe also the club room is different than the classic room…isn’t it ?

about the renovated rooms, for what you know, have only some categories been renovated or some rooms for each categories?

thanks again
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:47 pm

AFAIK, pretty much the entire resort and all room categories have been upgraded (some suites are undergoing further changes). The Club rooms and specialty suites were last, the Jimbaran Deluxe rooms first to be refurbished. 120$ (+21% I assume) is not terrible value and can be worth it, depending on what you consume and if you prefer more intimate setting in lounge for breakfast and such as well as the usually more serene Club pool setting.

The Club pool is supposed to be for kids at or above 12 years I think, but you can see smaller kids in there as some parents won't care what the hotel rules are. No issue as long as running and screeching are contained, but YMMV. The big main pool area with ample kids pools is the designated one by right. YMMV of course.

If you are noise sensitive, make sure to get a Club room without a connecting door and maybe on 3rd floor as above on 4th floor are the Club Duplex suites which have living area above your room and then bedroom and bathroom on the mezzanine level if I can call it that. Should be quietish at night in general as less foot traffic above you. No guarantees of course.
EmeraldLady and Dav77 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Dav77
many thanks!

for sure 120$ x night for club is not so low, being in Bali, but I believe also the club room is different than the classic room…isn’t it ?

about the renovated rooms, for what you know, have only some categories been renovated or some rooms for each categories?

thanks again
At $120 ++ per night I’d say it was excellent value for 2 people. In August was told it was $150++.

IC you have status with IHG and get a free breakfast then the value is not so good but it won’t take much to run up a bar bill of that magnitude during the day with water, soft drinks, tea, coffee for 2. Add in evening cocktails and it pays for itself.

I like the duplex rooms and if you are an Ambassador this is what you will get when also paying the daily upgrade. I personally think it’s a great deal.

I don’t think I have ever stayed anywhere that is quieter. The club wing is serene.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.