Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by demue
2.5m IDR++ per night or for 3 nights? If the first then yes, too much for what is pretty much the same Duplex (size wise) in another part of the building (as you will get a Singaraja Duplex) and the Club afternoon tea and drinks in the evening cannot make up for the surcharge in my book either. Yes, we prefer the current Club lounge for breakfast when the hotel is crowded (more calm) and the Club pool is more welcome as well, but outside of full occupancy this won't be so much of an issue. Can understand why one would decline this offer.
Correct demue with the 2.5m IDR++ per night. We decided to decline the club fee however they ended up keeping us in the same room anyway. Hotel would have to be at under 20% capacity at the moment, it's a complete ghost town. Didn't bother checking out the Singaraja "drinks and canapes" hour last night but here tonight and no one else is here, not hard to see why though. Even the club lounge over the weekend had under 10 groups each night. Interested to return here again during a peak time.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Unless they make a mistake, you'll only get the 20USD or rather 180k IDR (yes that's one super crappy exchange rate) once.

We had also two bookings (same situation than yours) and they made sure we got it only once. I did comment that the 20 USD conversion to 180k IDR is borderline fraudulent and should be raised at least to around 250K IDR and even then they would be very safe not to loose any money on it.

The regular staff and Club managers were lovely as always and know about this, but it is not in their power to change it and there is still a lack of top management presence as I imagine finding a GM that can actually work with the (new) owners is a challenge on its own. YMMV.

20 United States Dollar equals 303,750.00 Indonesian Rupiah

Thats a huge discrepancy
Old Feb 17, 2023, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am on this site and tried the 2 rates book early and special savings but i don't see any discounts, what gives

https://www.bali.intercontinental.com/special-offers
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
20 United States Dollar equals 303,750.00 Indonesian Rupiah

Thats a huge discrepancy
It certainly is, but the IRD180,000 F&B credit is stated in the Ambassador T&Cs so there isn't much you can do about it.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I may just go to Hyatt Regency
Old Feb 19, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Now I may just go to Hyatt Regency
I agree the conversion rate is crap, but as another poster explained, it is set by IHG in AMB T&Cs so someone at global should do a review and adjust, but don't count on it.

Having said that, the 180k IDR on its own would be enough to persuade me not to stay here. I mean each to their own, but that is a small item worth a few $ and not a major issue in my book.

We'll be in Bali again in a few months time and stay at IC Sanur to test the property and burn an AMB FWNC on a 1 Bedroom Pool Villa to check it out and see how the currently ongoing (mild) reno went. Then we shift to HR Bali, but all that because of location rather as we have some commitments in the area and Sanur is a much more convenient base vs. hauling it from Jimbaran and making our way daily via Denpasar to Juga, Gianyar areas and such.

If we didn't need to go certain places the IC Bali in Jimbaran would still be on the list for consideration and then rather overall price vs. value would feature as decision criteria. YMMV.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree the conversion rate is crap, but as another poster explained, it is set by IHG in AMB T&Cs so someone at global should do a review and adjust, but don't count on it.

Having said that, the 180k IDR on its own would be enough to persuade me not to stay here. I mean each to their own, but that is a small item worth a few $ and not a major issue in my book.

We'll be in Bali again in a few months time and stay at IC Sanur to test the property and burn an AMB FWNC on a 1 Bedroom Pool Villa to check it out and see how the currently ongoing (mild) reno went. Then we shift to HR Bali, but all that because of location rather as we have some commitments in the area and Sanur is a much more convenient base vs. hauling it from Jimbaran and making our way daily via Denpasar to Juga, Gianyar areas and such.

If we didn't need to go certain places the IC Bali in Jimbaran would still be on the list for consideration and then rather overall price vs. value would feature as decision criteria. YMMV.

How do you book the villa at Sanur, I tried the link provided by the hotel but could not.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I booked it at IC Sanur via the app / AMB FWNC page (going via account > reward wallet > redeem FWNC) as I wanted to book the specific rate.

Otherwise the 1 Bedroom Villa did show up via normal app booking search though not always for all dates. They may have taken them out of inventory for certain periods, maybe due to ongoing soft reno, not sure.
​​​​

Last edited by demue; Feb 19, 2023 at 8:36 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Sanur is selling me the 1 Bedroom Villa for 7 million IDR per night with one night free for a 3 night stay. breakfast included but there is no lounge in this hotel. Do you think its worth it?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:24 pm

Hey all, just got back from a 3 night stay at Intercontinental Jimbaran. The place was pretty empty during my stay there in January but the staff was great. Ocean water temperature was warm and comfortable. Restaurants in the evening rarely had more than a few groups; this made the vibe at night a little off but overall it was much better than the place being too busy. We opted for the included breakfast and the selection was great; staff is very accommodating for any special requests you might have.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 4:19 am

IC Sanur is selling me the 1 Bedroom Villa for 7 million IDR per night with one night free for a 3 night stay. breakfast included but there is no lounge in this hotel. Do you think its worth it?
Maybe ask the question in the IC Sanur thread so folks who stayed there can comment. Price seems around there, maybe a bit high. The hotel is offering sort of a lounge as all suites and villas, but not like IC Jimbaran. Think folks who stayed there will be able to advise.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe ask the question in the IC Sanur thread so folks who stayed there can comment. Price seems around there, maybe a bit high. The hotel is offering sort of a lounge as all suites and villas, but not like IC Jimbaran. Think folks who stayed there will be able to advise.

I checked for March and the price is half price. I am going to pass and staick with the Jimbaran as we do not go out at night and spend our time in the lounge instead. So as. platinum I will get 20USD credit per stay?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: NZ
So as. platinum I will get 20USD credit per stay?
You will get IDR180,000 F&B credit per stay as Ambassador (not because you are Platinum).
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minz56
You will get IDR180,000 F&B credit per stay as Ambassador (not because you are Platinum).

What can you get for 180,000 IDR
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:44 pm

What can you get for 180,000 IDR
At the hotel? There are a fair number of dishes on the room service menu that you can get for that price so not all terrible. We just used it as a offset to our dinning charges.

However, I assumed you have AMB status (how else would you be using a free weekend night certificate?) so if only Platinum not even 180k IDR is given and considering the room rates and all, especially for Club, this amount is negligible anyways in the bigger picture. YMMV
Modo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.