Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
for upgrades this is a GREAT IC!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by dewby
I normally book the bali suite and take the upgrade to uluwatu suite which is divine.

The bali suite is not a lot more than the club room.

Best uluwatu suite is ground floor right on club pool IMHO

The club is great and cocktails on the beach are just perfect.
Just wondering - of course the Bukit Suite is bigger than Uluwatu, however the pictures on the website make the suite look quite dated.

Uluwatu or Bukit - any pros/cons of going for one or the other.

Would be happy to hear from people with first hand experience.

Also would be interested to hear from people who have had 2 rollaways setup in the suite - does it get too cramped?
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So I have decided to use my FRee Night AMB cert. There will be 4 of us. So what can I book and what upgrade will I get as an AMB. I would like the Club Acces. Check in June 13, Check out June 16. Also will the property charge extra for the 3rd adult onwards?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to ask again, so I will be using the AMB Free night cert:

I am getting the following rates when I select 1 person in the room using the AM free night link. There will be 4 of us.

1 KING ULUWATU CLUB SUITE POOL VIEW $645 per night

1 KING CLUB BALINESE SUITE $495 per night

1 KING BUKIT SUITE 152 SQM $945 per night

So as an AMB I am allowed 1 free guest in the room, what happens to the other 2 guests(my 2 sisters are joining us)?
Also will I have to pay the taxes for the free night?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I can only comment on the uluwatu suite.

The living room is large. Very large and 2 layaways will fit fine.

The hotel has a habit of telling you they will charge extra for the 3rd or 4th guests for the club use. Tell them you don't agree. The booking engine clearly says upto 4 guests. They will capitulate quickly. Every time I book they tell me I have to pay a surcharge of $50 a day for my 9 year old. I have not paid it to date.

If you want direct pool access from you terrace. Ask for the ground floor suite.

This is a great property and they have lovely suites it's just the hotel management can be a bit odd and money grabbing.

That all said the club extras are superb.

As an ambasador you get an upgrade so booking bali suite will secure uluwatu.

Enjoy it's a lovely place.

Back myself in July and can't wait.

If you look under trip reports you will see my TR including this suite.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
You will only pay % tax on the combined stay. So $650++ will be divided between 2 to give you a nightly rate.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I keep getting conflicting info from different people in the hotel:

The weekend certificate provides a free night according to the room that you booked, as per term & condition, the upgrade is applicable for ambassador weekend certificate rate but it doesn't earn any points.
1 KING ULUWATU CLUB SUITE POOL VIEW (please reserve Balinese Suite to get upgrade to the Uluwatu Suite)

1 KING CLUB BALINESE SUITE (please reserve the Club Duplex Suite to get upgrade to the Balinese Suite)

1 KING BUKIT SUITE 152 SQM (please reserve the Jimbaran Suite to get upgrade to the Bukit Suite)

All the above suites are inclusive daily breakfast, return airport transfers and club privileges for 2 persons.

So they are planning to charge extra for my sisters.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wrote in to complain about the extra person charge to the AMB center, they contacted the hotel and the hotel has now written back that there will be no extra charge for the extra guests. Just ridiculous.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat

The hotel has a habit of telling you they will charge extra for the 3rd or 4th guests for the club use. Tell them you don't agree. The booking engine clearly says upto 4 guests. They will capitulate quickly. Every time I book they tell me I have to pay a surcharge of $50 a day for my 9 year old. I have not paid it to date.
When booking the on the website, the rate rules suggest that there is a 70USD extra person charge. I wonder if they exempted this in your case because the "third-person" was a child?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Until what age people count as children ? Is it 17 like in the US or 12years only (as seen on SPG website for Bali)
Old May 2, 2014, 6:24 am

Will be staying in the IC Bali for 4 nights in July. Booked 2 nights on points (King Classic) on points, and 2 nights cash (Singaraja).

Any chance I could get a Singaraja Duplex as Ambassador?
Old May 2, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Astalavista12
Will be staying in the IC Bali for 4 nights in July. Booked 2 nights on points (King Classic) on points, and 2 nights cash (Singaraja).

Any chance I could get a Singaraja Duplex as Ambassador?
For the paid nights yes that is possible. For the points nights it will be an uphill battle and you will have to argue with them about it. That would be a 2 category upgrade for the reward nights which is highly unlikely as normally they give zero upgrades on those nights. You can ask for Singaraja room all the way through or possibly move after 2 nights if you want to retain the Duplex.

Cheers ...
Old May 4, 2014, 3:01 am

I agree with this. They are very stingy particularly in high season on giving out any thing.

Best bet is to send an email and see what they say. You can clearly offer to pay for an upgrade to secure your room. I was there in July 13 and the hotel was pretty much at 100% capacity. It will no doubt be the same this year too.

The best part of IC bali is the club. That's where I would have tried for.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:09 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
The best part of IC bali is the club. That's where I would have tried for.
I've stayed in the CLUB as well, but unless >$100/night at some point become budgetary "peanuts", I will choose a Singaraja room with breakfast and have them upgrade me to a Duplex Suite. The snacks and drinks in the Singaraja Lounge are basic, but are exactly what is needed throughout the day.

HTB.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

So I have had a change of plans. Now there will only be 2 of us in the room instead of the 4 as originally planned. I booked the Club room. I was sent an email that we have been upgraded to the Duplex on the 4th floor. I have 2 knee replacements and sent the hotel an email. I wanted a room next to the pool. Th hotel responded that they will put us in the Club room on the main floor with no upgrade. So are these rooms close to the lounge with the Lounge Pool?

Last edited by djjaguar64; May 13, 2014 at 10:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.