Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Swopped my room out, and the receptionist make a note on my profile that I prefer actually having one bed (not sure anyone doesn't). Now lying across a very comfy King bed. Just FYI for anyone else booking a King room here.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Swopped my room out, and the receptionist make a note on my profile that I prefer actually having one bed (not sure anyone doesn't).
You can set that preference in your account on hyatt.com, yourself, too. Then it's set across the system whereas the receptionist's note presumably only applies to the Liverpool St property.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Hydro88
You can set that preference in your account on hyatt.com, yourself, too. Then it's set across the system whereas the receptionist's note presumably only applies to the Liverpool St property.
Just for the avoidance of doubt, they'd pushed two single beds together and make them up as one bed with one set of sheets, but obviously it's super uncomfortable and you really need to be on one half of the bed at a time. Just an odd thing to see in a modern international brand hotel, IMO.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Just for the avoidance of doubt, they'd pushed two single beds together and make them up as one bed with one set of sheets, but obviously it's super uncomfortable and you really need to be on one half of the bed at a time. Just an odd thing to see in a modern international brand hotel, IMO.
Okay, got you. Yeah that sucks. Funny they need to leave a note in your profile to be aware of this exotic preference of yours
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:09 am

I like these guys though. I just got a bottle of prosecco sent to my room with a hand written card apologising for me having to change room. I had forgotten what service recovery looks like after 18 months of Marriott, and this isn't even a situation where it was particularly necessary.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Swopped my room out, and the receptionist make a note on my profile that I prefer actually having one bed (not sure anyone doesn't).
"I'm sorry sir, but you didn't have your bed preference set, so we assumed you'd be fine on the floor with a couple of blankets."
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
"I'm sorry sir, but you didn't have your bed preference set, so we assumed you'd be fine on the floor with a couple of blankets."
That is probably happening with Marriott somewhere in the world right now what a dumpster fire
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone with experience with early check-in?

I was able to get an early check in this summer without issue. They did tell me before hand it would be upon availability, which is all I was asking for... Given it was peak summer I was pleasantly surprised that it was not an issue.

Fast forward to an upcoming stay in March, which I would not consider peak season. I got a very scripted email back when asking for marking the reservation for early check-in. I was offered a ridiculous price of over 200 pounds which is far higher than my nightly rate for a 10 am check-in.

I replied and pointed this out to them including that I am a globalist... just curious if this is the new norm at this hotel.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I pinged the PH Vendome about early check-in a couple weeks ago. Standard "no way, no how, we are sold out night before" line...fair as it was 1) fashion week and 2) the Bucks were also staying in the hotel.

Fast forward, check in at 9am, in room by 11am. Pretty happy with that.

So far the Hyatts I have gone to always do their best to get you in ASAP.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:48 pm

it seems like pretty good customer service to respond to a customer desiring early check-in that the one and only way to guarantee it is for the hotel to take the room out of inventory the night before. no Hyatt in the world will refuse to check-in a globalist at 10AM when the room is sitting there & ready. the act of requesting just puts you in a priority position (based upon globalist status or Prive rate plan) to get the room early before a no-status guest checking-in at 9AM.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Anyone with experience with early check-in?

I was able to get an early check in this summer without issue. They did tell me before hand it would be upon availability, which is all I was asking for... Given it was peak summer I was pleasantly surprised that it was not an issue.

Fast forward to an upcoming stay in March, which I would not consider peak season. I got a very scripted email back when asking for marking the reservation for early check-in. I was offered a ridiculous price of over 200 pounds which is far higher than my nightly rate for a 10 am check-in.

I replied and pointed this out to them including that I am a globalist... just curious if this is the new norm at this hotel.
Did MGM take the Andaz Liverpool over? lol
Absurd and I'll assume a mistake by the robotic reply.
I'll assume you were making a simple request.Have your Hyatt Concierge handle it or escalate to hotel front office management your request
frogss29 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Did MGM take the Andaz Liverpool over? lol
Absurd and I'll assume a mistake by the robotic reply.
I'll assume you were making a simple request.Have your Hyatt Concierge handle it or escalate to hotel front office management your request
I was making a simple request.
I replied and will update the thread with what they have to say.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now and love everything about the hotel except for the location (I prefer West End). But the hotel is nice.

1) They pre upgraded me to an Andaz suite. I arrived early but room wasn't ready so they put me in a regular room until the suite was ready which was nice of them. Frankly, the Andaz suite is just a little bigger than regular room so no need to wait or use TSU for a suite. It is just a larger room with a walk in closet area. Regular room nice enough. Not sure what specialty suites are like.

2) Rooms have a fun yet almost luxurious feel. Slightly whimsical. I like it .Kind of like a higher end W. Very comfortable while trendy but not too trendy.

3) Service has been fabulous so far. Big thumbs up. Oddly they gave me a free face wash. I liked it as I had just run out of face wash and was looking to buy.

4) Breakfast has very high quality food. You can order off menu and as well as a high quality buffet. I'm used to Asian buffets and deplore US and European ones usually - this Andaz one gets thumbs up. and the breakfast room is beautiful with high ceilings. Very elegant atmosphere

5) Haven't been to gym yet as it was closed for renovation yesterday and they arranged for gym use next door

edit: gym is good. Smallish bit well-equipped with free weight for squats and heavy dumbbells. Overall good for a serious work out

6) location is right next to a subway station. I've been using subway and bus to get around (got here by tube from Heathrow). Convenient. Normally I'd take a hotel car or perhaps Uber. But this was convenient and saved a lot of money. Next time I'll take subway again to get here as so convenient and cheap

I don't know area well. I prefer West End if only for the shopping. I'll explore more around here.

But so far this is a real winner. I might make this my go to in London. Much depends on rates I think. But pound for pound this is a winner
ZBigFam and Gioventu like this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 22, 2020 at 5:17 am
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:13 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

A tribute and farewell to Mr.Conran

The man that helped create the early vision of the Andaz back in 2000 when corporate Boutique Hotels started to become the rage some 20 years ago

https://london.eater.com/2020/9/14/2...-design-museum

https://coolhunting.com/travel/andaz...erence-conran/

From Wikipedia
Andaz London Liverpool Street
is a 5 star hotel in central London, situated immediately south of Liverpool Street station, originally built as the Great Eastern Hotel in 1884.
The building underwent extensive renovation and expansion between 1899 and 1901[1] and again in 2000, when it was co-owned by Terence Conran.[2]
Hyatt has owned the hotel since 2006, operating it under the Andaz brand.[3] [4]

The hotel has been listed Grade II on the National Heritage List for England since March 1993.[5]
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Didn’t see any recent stays so thought I’d update

Booked 3-2 for a total of around 300 pounds. Used a Prive agent so for free breakfast, early check in, late checkout and an upgrade. Also with Prive got $100 to use at the hotel. On top I stacked the Amex spend 300 and get 100 off. So total for 3 nights is approx 200 and still $100 to use!

Original room booked was a queen and was upgraded before arrival to a king. Talked to Vanessa at check in and she further upgraded me to a king deluxe.

Upon check in they give you a glass of Prosecco but was a bit to early for me at 1130am. Also you can get a glass of wine or a bottle of beer in any hotel restaurant/bar. Room is like the pics and roomy. The mini bar is replenished daily upon request. Housekeeping can be done as well but I choose not to.

Gym is quite big and they have lots of wipes and hand sanitizer around

Ordered room service the first morning and was quite the spread. You can see the menus their website I believe. There is a 3.50 tray charge but I was ok with that.

Also tried Rakes (where room service comes from anyways) and was good.

If you’re out for a great bargain and use a Prive agent, you’ll be getting great value in my opinion.

Staff are all wonderful and wearing masks at all times.
Markie and ABG like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.