Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by monopod
The Elizabeth line is running all the way to Heathrow, but you have to change train at Paddington. The train to/from Heathrow leaves from a platform close to the Heathrow Express. It's a bit slower (more stops), but it'd only cost about 13 pounds all from Heathrow to central London vs 25 on Heathrow Express + the tube. The tunneling work that would allow it to run directly from Heathrow to central London won't be done until later this year, I think.
Once the Elizabeth line through-running is in place it will almost certainly be easiest to take the direct train to Liverpool St., but for now while you need to change at Paddington anyway, worth noting that there are significant discounts if you book Heathrow Express tickets in advance, as low as GBP5.50 one-way if booked 90 days out. You do have to lock it in for a specific day, but reasonable enough for most tourists. (Though I foolishly bought my Heathrow Express tickets forgetting that the Elizabeth Line central section is not yet running on Sundays, when I arrive, so it will not be the most useful for me, but still not too bad to take the Circle line from Paddington to the hotel.)

Does anyone know if this hotel ever offers the option to confirm room upgrades for a co-pay in advance? Points are a great deal here for my dates but I really don't want to risk staying in a queen bed. Would still be a good deal to use points + pay cash for the difference in rate to confirm a bigger room, but the hotel is not responding to my email inquiring. Just trying to get any data points before I go to the real effort of (gasp!) picking up the phone.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Trying to figure out food options during yet another COVID wave. Does the Andaz allow Globalists to take room service? My impression is that breakfast both here and the Churchill (or other option) are only at indoor restaurants.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by slariz
Yeah, unfortunately this is correct - I emailed them and they said only the Family Room type can take more than 3 people. Unfortunate.
i emailed them, and they just said anything higher than a deluxe room was fine (ages 6 & 2). I better email them again to clarify….
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Short update from a stay on Friday.

- Property reached out the day before and I advised I would be there between 1pm-2pm. No problem they said.
- Arrived at just before 2pm, and room not ready as Globalist using their 4pm check-out.
- I could have a further upgraded room ('the best in the house') for an extra £300. I declined
- 35 minutes later another suite was found and prepared
- 5% Service Charge being added which does not earn points
- Breakfast was fine but no hot option for Globalists
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Short update from a stay on Friday.

- Property reached out the day before and I advised I would be there between 1pm-2pm. No problem they said.
- Arrived at just before 2pm, and room not ready as Globalist using their 4pm check-out.
- I could have a further upgraded room ('the best in the house') for an extra £300. I declined
- 35 minutes later another suite was found and prepared
- 5% Service Charge being added which does not earn points
- Breakfast was fine but no hot option for Globalists
We also just recently completed a stay - our first day, the hostess gave us the full hot breakfast menu and said everything was included as a Globalist (pancakes, eggs any style, waffles, avocado toast, fancy coffees, etc). We never saw that menu again on any further day but continued to order off it by memory without any issue. We never saw a charge and received no pushback from the waiters (some days service was better and faster than others and needed reminding for coffee, etc).

We had booked the family room and it was great for us. Two large connecting rooms with one having the ability to split the king into two singles and a large tub. Probably the biggest individual rooms I’ve seen in London and together was a large space.

I asked to remove the 5 pct charge at checkout without pushback.

Even though the location isn’t as central tourist wise as some others, we found it to be great because of the proximity to Liverpool St station as well as multiple bus lines. The taxi queue out front was also very useful. We could get to most any site in about 20 min via tube. There also are a ton of great restaurants in the neighborhood and is right next door to Eataly.

Would definitely stay again.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Last couple of stays I had solid service and nice rooms, but this weekend I’ve been dumped into a claustrophobic cruise ship cabin of a room and it took them an hour to find my bags I’d left over the week which I’d specifically agreed earlier that day would be waiting in my room.

Globalist breakfast as far as I know should include the a la carte menu, it’s just they don’t bother handing it out/ telling people most of the time (I’ve had about 10 breakfasts here in the last month).
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
We also just recently completed a stay - our first day, the hostess gave us the full hot breakfast menu and said everything was included as a Globalist (pancakes, eggs any style, waffles, avocado toast, fancy coffees, etc). We never saw that menu again on any further day but continued to order off it by memory without any issue. We never saw a charge and received no pushback from the waiters (some days service was better and faster than others and needed reminding for coffee, etc).

We had booked the family room and it was great for us. Two large connecting rooms with one having the ability to split the king into two singles and a large tub. Probably the biggest individual rooms I’ve seen in London and together was a large space.

I asked to remove the 5 pct charge at checkout without pushback.

Even though the location isn’t as central tourist wise as some others, we found it to be great because of the proximity to Liverpool St station as well as multiple bus lines. The taxi queue out front was also very useful. We could get to most any site in about 20 min via tube. There also are a ton of great restaurants in the neighborhood and is right next door to Eataly.

Would definitely stay again.
Good you got hotnfood as Globalist for breakfast. The previous poster l's post concerned me - my last stay in Feb 2020 thr Globalist breakfast was full buffet breakfast and one of the better non-Asian ones I've had
Markie and TravisMT81 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Globalist breakfast as far as I know should include the a la carte menu, it’s just they don’t bother handing it out/ telling people most of the time (I’ve had about 10 breakfasts here in the last month).
Similar experience, but in reverse, with my stay earlier this year. Didn't get a menu the first morning, although I was asked after I was seated if I wanted eggs/omelet (unaware at the time that there may have been other made to order options available). However, I was given a printed menu the second morning.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:03 am

Hope that "no hot breakfast" was an aberration and not the general practice. From recent trip advisor and google reviews it looks like globalists are getting options of the full buffet and/or the a la carte menu. I also remember someone here saying they went to both Eastway and Rake's during their stay for breakfast with no issues.

We're heading there this Saturday for 4 nights. Arriving very early in the morning so I'm not hopeful our rooms will be ready until mid-day or later but no problem! We'll just head to Borough Market for food or St. Paul's to start our sightseeing right away!

Will share a review afterwards.
Markie and MasterPlanner like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I don't know if it was just the room I had (4th floor outward facing window) or it's a general problem, but the WI-FI internet connection at this hotel is absolutely awful.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the hotel is still using REN products? We have a stay starting on Friday and if REN is in house, I'll skip packing my own.

lala
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently.
Short summary:

PROS:

-Modern walk-in shower in room

-Mini bar (contains only soft drinks) and cookies & crisps/potato chips are totally free in room

-If your rate does not include breakfast you can add it for a discounted price of 20 GBP at reception by paying in advance.

-There is a free "wine hour" for hotel guests in the lobby between 6pm and 7pm where obviously wine is served and nice tasty canapes. Beer or soft drinks have to be paid extra, and canapes finish quick.

-Location is right next to the long distance train and tube (metro) stations and many buses also pass by. The brand new new Elizabeth line stops here.

-Taxi rank also right outside hotel.

-Lots of restaurants in and around the hotel, as well as supermarkets and other shops.

CONS:

-Hotel took pre-payment of the full room rate PLUS a service charge. This is dishonest. The service charge should only be added at check-out with agreement from the guest...not in advance where you are unable to decline it. I asked at checkout to have it credited against my restaurant bill. If you are doing a prepaid rate check your credit card transactions carefully to see if it matches your confirmed reservation rate.

-Be careful if you use any of the bars and restaurants and charge it to your room. These bars and restaurants already have their own (optional) service charges...and I don't know if you add it to your room charges if the hotel will try to add their own service charge on top of the 1st one from the restaurant or bar. Check final your bill carefully.

-Wi-Fi internet connection is EXTREMELY slow. Worst I've had in a hotel of such a high category.

-Windows can NOT be opened for fresh air

-The Japanese restaurant "Miyako" is very small (about 10 tables in very tight space) and the food quality was no better than any other much more plain Japanese restaurant I have been to. Also, cocktail I had was 80% a huge block of ice and 20% liquid. Disappointing.

-Overall, this hotel feels a lot more like 4 star, than a 5 star property.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 30, 2022 at 2:59 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lalala
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the hotel is still using REN products? We have a stay starting on Friday and if REN is in house, I'll skip packing my own.

lala
Last few weeks it’s been large bottles of T London in the rooms and miniatures of Pharmacopia in the suite.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:04 pm

I would be very careful to check your bill when staying here. On my last visit I removed the service charge and found that my laundry had been added twice and that I’d been charged for breakfast one day.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Last few weeks it’s been large bottles of T London in the rooms and miniatures of Pharmacopia in the suite.
Thank you so much. I am not sure we'll get a suite, but I'll definitely be bringing my own toiletries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.