Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:07 am

Does anyone have the manager's email?

I read above that Mario took over, is he the person I should email? Do you think it's worth my reaching out to see if I can get an upgrade or early check in?

I have a GoH booking from a friend for this hotel.

My flight was changed due to the BA strike so I'll be arriving to London much earlier than planned (6AM). I want to let the hotel know ahead of time since I know that is very early.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fr33b13
Does anyone have the manager's email?

I read above that Mario took over, is he the person I should email? Do you think it's worth my reaching out to see if I can get an upgrade or early check in?

I have a GoH booking from a friend for this hotel.

My flight was changed due to the BA strike so I'll be arriving to London much earlier than planned (6AM). I want to let the hotel know ahead of time since I know that is very early.
It's so early that if the hotel is full or close to full, they likely won't be able to accommodate you at that time, regardless of whether it is a GoH booking or not. You might want to consider putting out 60 pounds or so for a four hour stay at the Yotel at Heathrow T4 where you could take a nap and a shower.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's so early that if the hotel is full or close to full, they likely won't be able to accommodate you at that time, regardless of whether it is a GoH booking or not. You might want to consider putting out 60 pounds or so for a four hour stay at the Yotel at Heathrow T4 where you could take a nap and a shower.
Thanks for the tip! I see there are still rooms available so hopefully it'll work out. I'm fine if they just hold my bags so I can walk around town.

Do you think it's best to ask before staying or just ask at the front desk if they can put me into a suite with normal check in?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: UA: 1MM/Lifetime Gold; AA: CK; Hyatt: Globalist; Marriott: Titanium Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite
London Andaz TSU fail

I applied a TSU for a London Andaz stay (4 nights). I never received an email confirmation, but I called the day before the trip and it was confirmed by the hotel via my concierge.

Arrived early due to flights, and was told the room wasn't ready (not surprising) and that another Globalist was in the room and had a 4pm check-out. I was given a temporary room to shower etc which was very nice and surprising. Little did I know .....

I returned to the hotel at 6pm expecting to pick-up a new key. I knew there was a problem when the Asst Manager came out. He apologized and said that the current occupant wouldn't leave the room until 5pm and that the room needed to be "deep cleaned", i.e. the room wasn't going to be ready tonight. I asked if they double booked - no he says.

They offered a free night, return of the TSU (I never use them all anyway) and dinner ONLY after I asked for compensation. Next day, I asked if the room was ready. The manager slipped up and said "not until tomorrow when the guest checks out". So they either double booked, or the previous Globalist refused to depart on time. First time something like this has happened to me.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:52 am

I'm not a fan of Andaz (my friend is, I know many are, I just don't get it), but this seems unacceptable.
Anyway, I've had an issue with not having my suite. I called Hyatt and they called the hotel and it got fixed that day.

I don't know how many suites they have there, but maybe the previous guest is somebody important, and can leave whenever they choose.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tiredprofessor
I applied a TSU for a London Andaz stay (4 nights). I never received an email confirmation, but I called the day before the trip and it was confirmed by the hotel via my concierge.

Arrived early due to flights, and was told the room wasn't ready (not surprising) and that another Globalist was in the room and had a 4pm check-out. I was given a temporary room to shower etc which was very nice and surprising. Little did I know .....

I returned to the hotel at 6pm expecting to pick-up a new key. I knew there was a problem when the Asst Manager came out. He apologized and said that the current occupant wouldn't leave the room until 5pm and that the room needed to be "deep cleaned", i.e. the room wasn't going to be ready tonight. I asked if they double booked - no he says.

They offered a free night, return of the TSU (I never use them all anyway) and dinner ONLY after I asked for compensation. Next day, I asked if the room was ready. The manager slipped up and said "not until tomorrow when the guest checks out". So they either double booked, or the previous Globalist refused to depart on time. First time something like this has happened to me.
I agree that the situation stinks. Unfortunately in cases where there aren't a lot of suites there may not be much a hotel can do if a guest chooses not to check out.

I think that your compensation was very fair, good job asking for it. The GM definitely should have proactively offered it. While not exactly the same, it's similar to a "walk" situation where they don't have the room you booked, so a starting offer could be that they pay for your night in a suite in another hotel until your suite is available. But I feel like I would be satisfied with a free night + return of TSU + dinner.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The previous occupant was probably a V1 who is now a V8.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I would be happy with that compensation. It must have been someone important because other Hyatts have harried me to get out of suites for 4pm.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: UA: 1MM/Lifetime Gold; AA: CK; Hyatt: Globalist; Marriott: Titanium Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by josephstern
Is the V1/V8 a private score kind of like AA's Eagle score?

Also - I forgot to add that I had originally booked a Jr suite and then upgraded with a TSU to a larger suite. The room given to me was a standard king. The difference in price between the Jr suite and King given was 200 pounds per night. So I also asked for that back which they agreed.

I was more than satisfied with the compensation. They didn't handle things well in the beginning and it still isn't clear if they overbooked, a guest stayed late, or a guest did in fact 'trash the room'. It doesn't matter, but my curiosity always wants to know.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tiredprofessor
Is the V1/V8 a private score kind of like AA's Eagle score?
Exactly:

VIP Code
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'd say it's probably more likely that the previous/current occupant of the room was paying for the suite, and decided to extend (at a paid rate or even higher rate). Since you were getting the room from a TSU, you were the low man on the totem pole and they gave you a bogus reason as to why.

Crappy thing to do, but money is money.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If the room is in need of deep cleaning, its highly possible the room was really messed up and you didn't want to be in there at at all...
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The Andaz London suites are bizarre layouts with sloping ceilings and strange footprints because of the building.

Probably the worst suites of any Hyatt Hotel I have stayed at.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Andaz London suites are bizarre layouts with sloping ceilings and strange footprints because of the building.

Probably the worst suites of any Hyatt Hotel I have stayed at.
I wouldnt call them the worst, jsut bizzare... the amount of odd space they have... But i love the hotel and location, and the cocktails downstairs are great!!!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Staying in a King Room this time vs. my small Queen last time. The room is a lot nicer and larger, but the bed is just two singles pushed together without even a proper topper. It's quite uncomfortable in the middle - not what I was expecting. Is this normal for all their "King" beds? I'm going to pop down to reception later to see if I can get an actual one bed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.