Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:08 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Thanks for the tips and posts to pictures. We decided to leave it fate. Checking in tomorrow, and want to get surprised (hopefully positively).
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:35 am

Used my DSU here. Upon arriving at 6pm last night was told that the room was not ready yet due to a late checkout from previous guest. After arguing with the staff they finally found us a room. Staff didn't really seemed concerned that they were way past the 4pm check in time and only offered to get us something to drink while we waited.

Heat in the suite does't work very well and living room is freezing. Bedroom is barely passable if doors kept closed, but still not warm at all - not great in freezing London in December. Towel warmer in bathroom is non-functional. No power outlets near the bed. It does look great though and lots of snacks and beverages in the room.

Be aware that many subway lines are closed or partially closed over the holidays. The Circle line (yellow) near the hotel is not running until the 30th so that makes things harder to get to.

Overall a big letdown so far.

Last edited by olouie; Dec 30, 2016 at 2:04 am
Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:52 am

Moved rooms but new suite has the same heating and towel warmer issues. Not sure if this is suppose to be normal but a London hotel with a heater that is most a fan blowing luke warm air around just isn't going to cut it in the winter. The hallways are a good deal warmer than our suits have been.

Breakfast was a bright spot. Good quality and quantity of food.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:00 am

I had heater issues in one of the suites a few weeks back, they brought a portable heater into the room and it warmed up OK but agree it's not acceptable. Have a quick 1 night stay later this week hopefully it will be warm by then :-)
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:16 am

My new suite developed a leak in the ceiling (room 374) that saw water coming from the middle of smaller sitting room and lots of brown water flowing down the walls. From dried up stains it doesn't look like the first time this has happened. Glad we moved hotels tonight, just a really poor stay.

The manager did provide some points for the trouble though so that was nice.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:29 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
just returned from a 3-night stay. 2nd stay at this hotel, this time using a DSU. Was assigned #402. very nice room, with a truly separated living room and separated bed room. 2 bathrooms, 1 with bath. (sorry I did not take pictures....
everything worked fine in the room, except for the shower... it was a bit difficult to make full use of the shower hose...

maid service all very good and efficient, responded very quickly (within 5 minutes) when we requested a 2nd comforter.

I confirmed the new Diamond breakfast... it is really only in the 1901.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:10 pm

Hi everyone, this will be my third stay here but the first time that I am staying under these circumstances. A family member of mine wants to join me but I have a king room booked. Here are my questions:
1. Does a GSU upgrade into a suite with two beds?
2. Is there an extra charge for one other occupant?
3. If a GSU doesn't grant me 2 beds would they give me a rollaway and would they charge me for it?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:16 am
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Hi everyone, this will be my third stay here but the first time that I am staying under these circumstances. A family member of mine wants to join me but I have a king room booked. Here are my questions:
1. Does a GSU upgrade into a suite with two beds?
2. Is there an extra charge for one other occupant?
3. If a GSU doesn't grant me 2 beds would they give me a rollaway and would they charge me for it?

Thanks for your help!
The wiki in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-families.html thread contains links to various posts in this thread which cover this issue (a GSU should upgrade you to the same standard suite category (Andaz Suite) as the previous DSU). Hope this helps (it would be great if you could share your own experience in the 'Hyatt information for families' thread + the wiki).
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:37 am

Anyone know if there is a reasonable alternative to the 45 gbp valet parking?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
On recent stay liked the improvements in the gym (such as a new stairmill) and the upgrade to the A/V functionality on the treadmills. Also enjoyed the healthier additions to the breakfast buffet in 1901 such as the quinoa porridge and the chia seeds. Housekeeping was v good too!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:28 am

Does the Andaz have a Lounge that can be used with the "club" vouchers being an Explorist? Couldn't find anything.

Thank you
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by noname83
Does the Andaz have a Lounge that can be used with the "club" vouchers being an Explorist? Couldn't find anything.

Thank you
No, there is no club lounge, so you won't be able to use an Explorist Club Lounge Award at this property.

There is a Regency Club lounge at the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill (link to the master thread), so you would be able to use an Explorist Club Lounge Award there.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by paul00
No, there is no club lounge, so you won't be able to use an Explorist Club Lounge Award at this property.

There is a Regency Club lounge at the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill (link to the master thread), so you would be able to use an Explorist Club Lounge Award there.
Thx!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:04 pm

Staying here now, got upgraded to a LARGE Andaz suite. I had applied a DSU and that confirms you into an Andaz suite which is a bit small for 3 people. I asked for an upgrade and they nicely put us into the large Andaz suite which has a living room, dining table, couch, space for a rollaway and a separate room with king bed, tv and all the standard amenities. What an amazing place.

I gave this place middling reviews before but their treatment of me this stay has sure blown me away. What a way to greet a Hyatt Diamond!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
What an amazing place.

I gave this place middling reviews before but their treatment of me this stay has sure blown me away.
What a way to greet a Hyatt Diamond!
Except that Diamond Gold Passport members no longer exist lol
You are a WOH Globalist Repeat after me GLOBALIST
Hopefully the hotel is upping its game

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.