Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I stayed on Saturday evening and was a little disappointed.

- No WiFi all afternoon and early evening. Was warned at check-in but not beforehand.

- 1901 was closed and they would not offer Room Service breakfast as an alternative.

- Left shoes outside room to be polished and they were not done.

Staff friendly enough and they gave me an upgrade to a King on the 6th Floor with two porthole windows. Not at all noisy, which is my usual complaint at this property.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Markie
1901 was closed and they would not offer Room Service breakfast as an alternative
That's a bit disappointing. I stayed last year, needed to leave at 4.30am but was pleasantly surprised to find they offered me a room service breakfast - albeit a slightly slimmed down version - at 4.15am...
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
That's a bit disappointing. I stayed last year, needed to leave at 4.30am but was pleasantly surprised to find they offered me a room service breakfast - albeit a slightly slimmed down version - at 4.15am...
I put all my comments in the survey and got an email yesterday offering free champagne and tapas on my next visit, but only noting one of the three issues.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
Was told this week that room service for breakfast was no longer an option for the diamond benefit.

1901 is now the only breakfast option for the benefit.

Disappointing change - room service was tremendously valuable and the only option for morning departures.

Originally Posted by Markie
I stayed on Saturday evening and was a little disappointed.

- No WiFi all afternoon and early evening. Was warned at check-in but not beforehand.

- 1901 was closed and they would not offer Room Service breakfast as an alternative.

- Left shoes outside room to be polished and they were not done.

Staff friendly enough and they gave me an upgrade to a King on the 6th Floor with two porthole windows. Not at all noisy, which is my usual complaint at this property.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Just had breakfast at Eastway. We were allowed to order off the breakfast selections - no steaks or anything like that, but a good change from 1901.

Wifi is acceptable as well, ~15/12; room facing out the same direction as Eastway. Believe that's Liverpool St?
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5144530027

Last edited by pWei; Mar 6, 2016 at 4:58 am
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by pWei
Just had breakfast at Eastway. We were allowed to order off the breakfast selections - no steaks or anything like that, but a good change from 1901.

Wifi is acceptable as well, ~15/12; room facing out the same direction as Eastway. Believe that's Liverpool St?
Shame about the lack of room service breakfast. This will certainly discourage me from our regular Friday night stays.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

Odd. Went to 1901 yesterday and asked if I was allowed to have breakfast in Eastway with the diamond benefit and was told I could not.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Odd. Went to 1901 yesterday and asked if I was allowed to have breakfast in Eastway with the diamond benefit and was told I could not.
I went to Eastway and talked to the manager there and found success. Wonder if room service has the same level of YMMV: perhaps due to more junior staff?

Looking forward to trying black pudding; will be back.

I note that the bed is softer and more springy than other Andaz beds like Wall St or Napa: less comfortable in my view, but still somewhat acceptable. Pillows were meh as well. A latex or latex-like pillow would be ideal. Great bags of cookies in room though, and tasty apple juice. Wine is serviceable and looks like it's included as far as I can tell.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Special Offer Code: LOWYES on BRG?

I got a BRG for 1 night at this hotel for end of March. When I go into my reservation details on Hyatt site and click 'Modify' it lists out:
1 Room / 1 Adult and the followed by this:
Special Offer Code: LOWYES

I'm Hyatt Diamond and just curious why they coded my room with this offer code and what does it mean, that they will stick me in a lower level room? With Diamond level I would get upgraded any way if available. Just curious.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Looks like it's just the code applied for reservations modified by the Best Rate Guarantee practice. Shouldn't affect your Diamond treatment. GP Concierge response in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24506336-post3244.html

You may want to check the e-concierge and see what it's says there.

https://www.hyatte-concierge.com/Login.aspx

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I got a BRG for 1 night at this hotel for end of March. When I go into my reservation details on Hyatt site and click 'Modify' it lists out:
1 Room / 1 Adult and the followed by this:
Special Offer Code: LOWYES

Last edited by gunksny; Mar 7, 2016 at 6:20 am
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Checked in yesterday - no mention of any changes to Diamond benefits. Large King room although interrupted by an alarm during the evening - may have been due to the people next door smoking!

Had breakfast in 1901 - very quiet and very poor service. Asked for menus - no menus but they do a la carte breakfast but didn't really know what. Awful coffee and some fruit.

Off to Spitalfields for breakfast as the buffet food looked very unappetising
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Checked in yesterday - no mention of any changes to Diamond benefits. Large King room although interrupted by an alarm during the evening - may have been due to the people next door smoking!

Had breakfast in 1901 - very quiet and very poor service. Asked for menus - no menus but they do a la carte breakfast but didn't really know what. Awful coffee and some fruit.

Off to Spitalfields for breakfast as the buffet food looked very unappetising
Perhaps try the Eastway menu. 1901 will definitely cook eggs to order. You do have smoked salmon and other fishes.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Perhaps try the Eastway menu. 1901 will definitely cook eggs to order. You do have smoked salmon and other fishes.
We used to enjoy the Eastway menu but then it became brunch only. Not sure what the arrangement is now. My wife just wanted the farmers omelette that used to be on the menu but our server didn't have a clue.

Not a great fan of the changes Otto has made here.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Not a great fan of the changes Otto has made here.
Sorry to hear and Agreed - these changes are particularly galling particularly if one paid the usual weekday rate.

In retrospect I may have gotten lucky.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Good news - it seems that the room service option for Diamond members is back ^ Just had a stay late last week and asked about this respectively expressed my displeasure about the changes but was told that it has been reinstated after quite some negative feedback

That's the right direction, especially as 1901 can be quite a madhouse in the morning (especially on the weekends), sometimes it is really difficult finding a table. So thanks for offering the in-room option again ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.