Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Thanks! When we were last there over Christmas 2009, it was freezing and snowing!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by jmkclee
How convenient is the Andaz to all of the touristy stuff? Planning a long weekend in London in January and can do a cash & points + DSU for a suite at the Andaz. We do like to walk, but understand that January may be really cold and we will end up taking the tube everywhere anyway (vs. some of the Starwood/Marriott properties which seem closer to the touristy sites).
I was there in September. Walked pretty much everywhere from there -- Tower of London is about 1 mile. As is St. Pauls. It is a nice (long) walk down to the river and then along the river on the Queen's Jubilee Walk.

Or as the other poster said; the tube stop is pretty much under the hotel.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:55 am

Had a quick 1 night stay on Friday. Got upgraded to one of the suites (372) and it was the config with a small sitting room off the bedroom, the room doesn't have a TV and has small sofa (doesn't convert to a bed) and 1 chair, as noted before I don't think this is a great layout for a suite.

Heating wasn't working and they couldn't fix so brought a temporary heater, room was pretty cold but warmed up OK. Probably wouldn't have been too happy if I was there on pleasure and/or with family but for 1 quick night I was fine. GM reached out in mail to apologize and offer to make sure they put it right during next stay. WiFi was stable at first but ended up need to do a bunch of Skype calls for business and switched to the wired network since it seemed to cut out intermittently.

One other gripe is that this room had a connecting door and could end up hearing TV and other noises through the door which I haven't experienced in other rooms at the hotel, so worth watching out for this as well if you want a quiet room.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by jmkclee
How convenient is the Andaz to all of the touristy stuff? Planning a long weekend in London in January and can do a cash & points + DSU for a suite at the Andaz. We do like to walk, but understand that January may be really cold and we will end up taking the tube everywhere anyway (vs. some of the Starwood/Marriott properties which seem closer to the touristy sites).
Seems like your first time to London. Stay in Mayfair, dear.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I was there in September. Walked pretty much everywhere from there -- Tower of London is about 1 mile. As is St. Pauls. It is a nice (long) walk down to the river and then along the river on the Queen's Jubilee Walk.

Or as the other poster said; the tube stop is pretty much under the hotel.
The reason to love this hotel is that Liverpool Street stop being underneath the hotel. Really can't be beat. This isn't the best hotel for walking from the hotel to major tourist attractions, but it's very easy to get there from the hotel.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 12:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
More enhancements

Noticed that they have enhanced a few things at this property recently

Room mini bar stock has been reduced from 4 bottles of water to 2.

No nuts and wasabi peas served during 5-8 soiree and no cookies during the day. Food offering was brought out - 12 pieces of toast less than an inch across with a small topping. All gone within seconds.

We were speaking to one of the managers we know while having a glass of wine. Appears that the hotel occupancy is very high - they used to have a problem at the weekends but are now averaging 98% on Friday and 100% on Saturday so I guess the GM, Otto, has decided to save a few pennies.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Poorly Designed Suite

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. I agree with just about everyone that the hotel is perfect for the tube, and not so good for walking to attractions. The staff was absolutely excellent, with smiles everywhere.

My concern was the layout of what they called a junior suite. We had 2 long, narrow rooms with a connecting door. The bedroom contained the only TV, so if someone wanted to sleep early, that ended TV for all. Additionally, the parlor room was poorly illuminated so, with no TV and poor reading conditions, it turned out to be pretty useless.

They need to significantly upgrade the livability of their junior suites.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Noticed that they have enhanced a few things at this property recently
Room mini bar stock has been reduced from 4 bottles of water to 2.
Can you still go down to the lobby where they make the coffee drinks and pick up beverages? Last time I stayed they had a nice assortment in the fridge down there. You can grab a few and take it back to you room.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 6:45 am

Yes, they have a fridge in the nook to the left of the check-in desk. They usually have snacks there as well.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by CalRef
My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. I agree with just about everyone that the hotel is perfect for the tube, and not so good for walking to attractions. The staff was absolutely excellent, with smiles everywhere.

My concern was the layout of what they called a junior suite. We had 2 long, narrow rooms with a connecting door. The bedroom contained the only TV, so if someone wanted to sleep early, that ended TV for all. Additionally, the parlor room was poorly illuminated so, with no TV and poor reading conditions, it turned out to be pretty useless.

They need to significantly upgrade the livability of their junior suites.
which room were you in? And what is a Junior Suite at this location? Never seen this category and it is also not described on the hotel site.
I will be there in Dec using a DSU and would not want this room.
Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
I am sorry that I do not remember the room number; however, if you go to their website (https://londonliverpoolstreet.andaz....tel/rooms.html) and look for the "room type" tab. Go to what they call suites and click the right arrow 3-4 times until you come to a very narrow white walled room with a red chair and a red pillow on a white sofa. This was the parlor that was separate from our bedroom. Notice how spartan it is and without a TV. I booked it by cashing in Hyatt points and they called it a junior suite when charging me the points.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:35 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by CalRef
I am sorry that I do not remember the room number; however, if you go to their website (https://londonliverpoolstreet.andaz....tel/rooms.html) and look for the "room type" tab. Go to what they call suites and click the right arrow 3-4 times until you come to a very narrow white walled room with a red chair and a red pillow on a white sofa. This was the parlor that was separate from our bedroom. Notice how spartan it is and without a TV. I booked it by cashing in Hyatt points and they called it a junior suite when charging me the points.
Ok! Thanks very much! found it.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:43 am
formerly a193991

On my upcoming stay I am using a DSU, and am confirmed into a ANDAZ SUITE. Reading the thread, there seem to be quite a few suite options...

My reservation reminder states, that "Walk-in shower is on request"... now, basically I prefer the walk-in showers... but can anybody provide guidance, if this is a good choice or not? which type of suites are larger?

Trying to avoid the suite that CalRef is referring to.

thanks for any help/guidance.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
On my upcoming stay I am using a DSU, and am confirmed into a ANDAZ SUITE. Reading the thread, there seem to be quite a few suite options...

My reservation reminder states, that "Walk-in shower is on request"... now, basically I prefer the walk-in showers... but can anybody provide guidance, if this is a good choice or not? which type of suites are larger?

Trying to avoid the suite that CalRef is referring to.

thanks for any help/guidance.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!
I had room 218 and it was fantastic! I think it is a "Large Andaz Suite". No walk in shower (bath tub with shower).

Review is here (with photos): http://singleflyer.com/2016/09/12/an...erpool-street/
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:00 am
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I had room 218 and it was fantastic! I think it is a "Large Andaz Suite". No walk in shower (bath tub with shower).

Review is here (with photos): http://singleflyer.com/2016/09/12/an...erpool-street/
Thanks for sharing the link to your review, Single_Flyer. I also stayed in the same Large Andaz Suite (room number 218) (my review is in post #579 of this thread). During my stay, I experienced the same problem as you with water from the shower splashing onto the floor (I reported this in the e-mail survey and the GM, Otto Steenbeek, promised to look into the issue, but it appears that the problem continues to persist).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.