Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:19 pm

I will never call myself a globalist...ugh!

One thing to add, breakfast benefit here, they were quite flexible with the breakfast benefit. They let myself and my parents have a free breakfast. The front desk manager said that since i was entitied to two adults and two kids, that three adults would be just fine.

They are upping their game so far, i would say however that their housekeeping is very aggressive about coming into the rooms. Been here two nights and they have barged into my room twice already. Once while i was on a conference call and once while i was in the bathroom.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:40 am

Checked out after a 7 night stay, have to say they did a great job, will stay here every time income to London.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
They appear to have revised their room service menu. Instead of the full menu they once had, it's now a single sheet of A4 paper, with perhaps 1/3rd the offerings they previously had. They've dropped selections from their Japanese place entirely, and most of the flexible items (salads and pasta) are gone too. They still seem to be able to go off-menu as needed, but it seems like they're scaling back room service.

Reference (previous RS menu)

https://londonliverpoolstreet.andaz....ining-Menu.pdf
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Amazing two-night stay.

- Upgraded to one of their strange "suites", the kind with the sloped walls and the porthole windows. Very nice considering that I had one paid night (in the cheapest room) and one points night.

- Thoughtful welcome amenities on both nights, along with handwritten thank-you notes.

- Past wi-fi problems are now fixed in an extraordinary way, with reliable connection and speeds around 15 MBPS.

- The restaurant menus are abbreviated compared to previous stays, however the service and cuisine are impeccable

- Sumptuous breakfast in the beautiful 1901 dining room. You can have the buffet, or order from the menu, or both.

- The lifts have a new flat-panel screen which gives you one good Cockney Rhyming Slang phrase per visit to the lift. It's strange, but hey, isn't east London _supposed_ to be strange?

- Overall, this is still my very favorite hotel in the entire Hyatt system. Hey, everyone needs a favorite.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 5, 2017 at 6:23 am Reason: Fix typo
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Amazing two-night stay.

- Upgraded to one of their strange "suites", the kind with the sloped walls and the porthole windows. Very nice considering that I had one paid night (in the cheapest room) and one points night.

- Thoughtful welcome amenities on both nights.

- Past wi-fi problems are now fixed in an extraordinary way, with reliable connection and speeds around 15 MBPS.

- The restaurant menus are abbreviated compared to previous stays, however the service and cuisine is impeccable

- Sumptuous breakfast in the beautiful 1901 dining room. You can have the buffet, or order from the menu, or both.

- The lifts have a new flat-panel screen which gives you one good Cockney Rhyming Slang phrase per visit to the lift. It's strange, but hey, isn't east London _supposed_ to be strange?

- Overall, this is still my very favorite hotel in the entire Hyatt system. Hey, everyone needs a favorite.
Music to Arnaud's ears!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:40 pm

I stayed at the Andaz Liverpool Street for one night in July.

I was upgraded to a King Suite even though we arrived early at around 1200h.

The Suite was comfortable and the minibar was stocked with healthy snacks, milk and Diet Coke (they remembered my preference from over a year ago). There were also sweets / chocolate.

I don't have photos but as others have said breakfast is had at the 1901 restaurant. We had the buffet and ordered a la carte eggs which arrived promptly and were tasty.

The gym's air conditioning is now fixed (vs. a year ago) and is a decent size with weights / cardio equipment.

Staff are friendly and efficient and one of the lobby staff even recognised me which was a nice touch. Not a Brit amongst them yet but maybe there will be after the UK takes back control.

Overall, a well-run hotel where you should be assured of a competent stay.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
As I've made some suggestions/comments in the past on this property, I'd like to pass on some positive feelings as I've just completed 20 nights YTD here.

Have seen definite improvement over the course of the year; Mr. O. Steenbeck and team are doing very well. Customer attention is now excellent; housekeeping continues to be great.

Have appreciated the improvements to the refurbed rooms, and even have gotten used to the strange noises that the plumbing makes from time to time!

Best wishes & hope the good work continues.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:56 am

Staying here now for 6 nights. Was not upgraded to a suite as they had a wedding and the hotel was sold out (I checked). Really like the renovated rooms and the bathrooms are much nicer and more functional.

One letdown is service at breakfast. They were busy, it was sunday brunch, but had to wait about 20 minutes to put in my ala carte order, and during my meal no one came to refresh my coffee. I had to stand up to get it done. A shame really.

Otherwise it's still looking very good.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
I like the renovated rooms but wasn't able to get either Chromecast or Airplay working on the new TVs that advertise that functionality. Disappointing, but not a huge deal. I have had the same problem in other Hyatts, but it's worked in other hotels for me.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:10 am

Here aagai for another 7 nights,. Hotel continues to be excellent, and service and breakfast seems to have been addressed. I used a spare tsu and was upgraded into one of the weirdest suites I have ever been in. There is two sitting rooms leading away from the bedroom and another alcove type space with the work desk, .If I was traveling with family this would not have e worked out but since it's just me its absolutely fine. Large but most of the extra space is useless.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Hi all,

I recently stayed at Andaz Liverpool street for a 3-night stay in February 2018.
As a Globalist, I was very thankful for the early check-in: my upgraded room was ready at 9.45am
However, the room *416* has only 2 tiny windows without much view and not much day-light. I would not recommend that room to other travellers.
[It was fine for my stay as I barely spent time in the room except sleeping).

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:20 am

Had two one-nighters here in the last two weeks. I do really like this hotel - great location, pretty reasonable rooms, and decent service.

First night we got a suite, so that had a lot of space and a king sized bed. Second stay we got a regular rooms (two this time, and last ones, apparently - website showed sold out after). They told me we'd see king beds, but I'm pretty sure both were queens. Not a problem for me and my wife, but my kids would have preferred a king, or really, two singles.

Anyway, I like the layout and the details, and the furniture was comfortable. I'd say breakfast was just OK - nothing like the Andaz breakfasts in Tokyo or Maui. But fine. Also, there were never canapes at canape time, although they were touted both times. Just wine.

That second stay, our room was on the inside, so there was no way to get fresh air. The room stayed at 24 degrees all night, which was really too hot. I had the thermostat on 19, but I suppose only heat works there this time of year. I couldn't even get the fan to come on alone.

I know part of this place is an old building, so this didn't bother me, but the plumbing in both rooms sounds like my mom's 1972 Dodge Dart on a cold morning.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
First stay for almost a year. Used to stay here regularly as Diamond/Globalist but not a fan of WOH so Hyatt no longer my #1 .

Usual 15 minute wait at check in as only a few Andaz hosts and lots of people trying to check in. Upgraded to King room - I think that the room had been renovated recently. The bathroom taps and bathroom accessories had all been painted black which looked a little strange. We were in room X02 which is near the lifts and next to the service entrance so a bit noisy.

Bottle of wine and some macaroons waiting along with a nice welcome note. Got a knock on the door and got a voucher for 2 drinks.

Couldn't get AirPlay working either so they may have a technical issue.

Wine available in the lobby available 18:00 - 21:00 but don't expect anything special it's only basic plonk. The food option is limited - bread with chopped tomato and cheese. Such a shame as used to serve nice food. The wine was constantly replaced by the bucket load as it looked like it was very popular.

No breakfast anymore so we went to the The Breakfast Club just around the corner which was far nicer than the 1901 breakfast and cheaper.

Overall not a bad stay. Love the area so will probably come back again at some point.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed here again using the Hyatt Prive rate. A little more expensive than the Members Rate but included US$100 F&B credit (although they used a rate of $1.7 to the GBP - I wish!, so effectively knocked £20 off of the value!), room upgrade, breakfast for two, amenity and welcome letter and late checkout.

Upgraded to a standard king room with shower overlooking Liverpool Street station. Amenity was a tiny box of chocolates from Marks and Spencer across the road. No drinks vouchers this time. Breakfast in 1901 was very poor and the selection just gets smaller and smaller every year and a lot of food not replenished. I wouldn't pay £28 for that.

We had dinner in Eastway which was very good - £87 for two of us with a drink each so that was the £60 credit.

Using the Prive rate makes this a fairly cheap option for London especially with Andaz stays counting twice in July and August, especially if you don't have Globalist status any more
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Spending a few nights here after Bank Holiday weekend and really appreciate the hotel reaching out and asking me to fill out a form about my likes and dislikes. I'm usually here with TH, who takes care of the reservations and comms with the hotel.

Does anyone know if they still have REN toiletries? I did love those.

lalala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.