Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to say that I have received an email to advise that the property is closing tomorrow - 18 December for the forseeable future. My stay for Saturday is being moved, at the same rate, to the Churchill.As you are likely aware, the COVID-19 situation continues to quickly evolve around the world and is presenting new concerns related to travel.
Andaz London Liverpool Street is committed to caring for our guests, colleagues and customers, as your safety and wellbeing is always a top priority. Andaz London Liverpool Street has been closely monitoring updates and recommendations from various health organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO) and local authorities including Public Health England (PHE).

Guided by our purpose of care for our guests, colleagues and customers and following the directive by the Government of United Kingdom announced 14 December 2020 that ordered all businesses in the City of London selling food or drink or accommodation to cease operations from 16 December 2020 in order to protect public health moving London to Tier 3 Very High Alert, we have made the difficult decision to suspend normal hotel operations at Andaz London Liverpool Street from Friday 18 December 2020 until further notice.

During this period, the hotel will not accept any reservations for guestrooms, restaurants, spa or other services, and confirmed events and reservations will be cancelled.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservation at Andaz London Liverpool Street; your reservation will be canceled without penalty and you will receive an email notification of the cancellation. If your reservation required pre-payment, you will receive a full refund within the next 10 business days.

Should you still like to go ahead with your visit, we are offering all upcoming reservations to stay alternatively at our sister property Hyatt Regency – The Churchill in Marylebone, or The Great Scotland Yard part of the Unbound Collection while keeping the same rate and terms as your current reservation with us. Please note the properties are only open for Business Travelers.

We know this is disruptive for you, and we apologize for the inconvenience this causes. Should you require further assistance regarding your reservation or cancellation, please contact your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center (https://about.hyatt.com/en/contact.html) or reach out to Telephone: +44 207 618 5010 Email: [email protected] with questions regarding this situation.

We greatly value your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel soon.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Its an exceptional communication with class.Typically the Churchill is more so very kind, generous & thoughtful
There are more than a few Hyatt's that should step up on board like that with a well executed follow up.Well done
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Classy email from Andaz and sorry it is closed. The staff were wonderful to me as I wrote above. Because of Covid, I was actually stranded outside of my home country for almost 2 months with just a carry on luggage.

The folks at Andaz were very caring and gave me face masks and all kinds of stuff. I hope to repay their kindness when I can go back to London and stay with them and hopefully give some nice tips to help them out.

Personally, I'm sad as so many great hotel people at Andaz and other properties have made my life so good over past decades and they are hurting now.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It looks like this has been (re)opened for awhile now.

Any recent experiences with breakfast, etc?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It looks like this has been (re)opened for awhile now.

Any recent experiences with breakfast, etc?
Last time I stayed - 3 weeks ago - Breakfast was only in the bar on the ground floor.
No room service available for Globalists.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Wonderful Hotel - Great Stay

Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt

40 Liverpool Street London, GB EC2M 7QN

Wonderful Hotel - Great Stay (15 Photos)

Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt

Check In

Check in was a dream - I had paid £20 to get an early check in - so could do so at 0900 rather than 1400 which was well worth the money. The foyer is really modern with bright colours, with a bit of street art so funky too. The receptionist was very welcoming and friendly - I had been upgraded to a King Deluxe due to my Explorist status and the room was huge - more on that later!

The receptionist explained the hotel layout and where the restaurants were - she also said (without prompting) that breakfast was not included in my rate - I wish more hotels did this!

2E44A34E-D52F-45F7-B906-44268B5C3536.jpeg124AB14E-B43B-4DAE-817B-3C0A7BA44E06.jpeg

Room

My room was a King Deluxe and was huge by normal London standards! It had a King Bed, a work desk with lots of USB ports and plugs, a settee and a massive TV. There was loads of space and I was very impressed.

The bathroom was modern, with a lovely white clean tiles, and a separate bath and shower. The amenities were by Ren, and there were plenty of them - too many for my hand luggage space!

The bedroom was really comfortable, with high quality linens and I slept really well considering it is the middle of London and next to a busy train station!

The room came with a free minibar with soft drinks and some snack which was a great touch - doesn't cost the hotel much but felt like a real perk!

B5245B9B-73C1-4BBE-B6B0-EDE5A04D1776.jpeg80A500C6-601D-44A1-BA7B-655873FB851A.jpeg3F8497AD-3598-4F8C-9FE6-908FC50349FE.jpegA9188237-A267-4739-900F-AFCF639EB525.jpeg091F0335-43E2-4FC1-A1E1-844FF92D416D.jpeg833EBBE9-4867-4757-ADB5-545F7684F4FE.jpeg059132E0-7DDA-4764-B8FD-B450D2D418BC.jpeg

Service

The service throughout my stay was fabulous - everyone was really friendly and any question was answered quickly. 

Dining

I had a cocktail in Rake's which was nice, but busy but again, the bartenders were quick to spot me and serve me despite the full bar. 

I ate in Miyako, the Japanese restaurant and it was very good - lacking a little in atmosphere when I was there at 1730 - I was the only person there.  I also had to ask them for the happy hour menu - the staff seemed surprised there was one!! The food was good though.

I also had a drink at the cocktail hour where you can get a glass of wine and a snack in the Foyer - it was 1900-2000 during the week.  The wine was fine and the snack was pretty good - it was quiet though - only 4 of us partaking in the freebie but the receptionists and bell person all came over to chat about Hyatt, and the hotel - it was a nice touch.

9BF351AD-FA65-425F-B3F4-D28CBA993259.jpeg5C951456-7DA7-4FDF-B35F-F1D8C053074A.jpeg368B86F4-0F4A-47D8-B78C-F5258ED5B31C.jpeg2E01C504-350C-44FD-B7CE-443D4DEDAC06.jpeg307ED3D0-DFC4-43B6-ADBA-2D2EE5EEAA6B.jpegD507281D-6781-4662-805F-94CD5E5BF103.jpeg

The location of the hotel is really good - right next to Liverpool Street train station and tube so all of London is within easy reach.  I was out to Heathrow via the Heathrow Express within 50 mins. It is also about 5 mins from Spittalfields Market, and loads of restaurants around there - you will not go short of somewhere to eat or drink - no matter what taste of food you are after!  There is also a Tesco opposite so you can grab a snack or a bottle of wine at a reasonable price (the room service prices are quite steep!).

Overall

Overall I really liked this hotel - it was modern, clean, central and had wonderful staff. I could not have asked for anymore.

Wonderful Hotel - Great Stay

Would you like to write a review on the Andaz Liverpool Street London - a concept by Hyatt?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Am staying here 15-30Aug, and am terribly excited. I've wanted to stay here since its opening, and am so pleased that all the travel problems / pandemic have the cost down to where it fits inside my expense account parameters Is a lovely old grande dame of a building, and I've always enjoyed the Andaz properties (Napa, Wall Street & 6th ave in NYC, West Hollywood, San Diego so far. Sooner or later these fools will open PalmSprings, but I may be dead by then).

Great review btw aks120
The responsiveness from the staff & concierge there has me quite optimistic as to my stay here. Happy to do a review myself to follow on.
aks120, ceebee100, ZBigFam and 1 others like this.

Last edited by KevinS; Aug 10, 2021 at 10:36 am
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I run hot and cold on the Andaz and I think I'm back on the hot side. Just finished a seven-night stay and really enjoyed my time. No regular suites were available for my stay, so I used 9K points per night for the Andaz Large Suite. Some of the regular Andaz suites at this hotel are very middling - low, sloped ceilings, weird layouts, lacking natural light - but the large suite I got (x76) was a winner. Huge, freestanding tub, which was not advertised and a pleasant surprise. Room prepared to my specifications on the pre-booking checklist (extra pillows, converter in room).

Breakfast is back in Eastside Brasserie, which was generally very good outside of the first day, when I tried to walk in at 7:05, five minutes after opening, and the outside door was locked. (I'd forgotten the interior path to the restaurant.) Took a few times going back and forth with the front desk to get in but eventually made it. No mention of breakfast limits for Globalist, I didn't press it, but I ordered a couple of non-alcoholic drinks off the menu and no charges were put on.

Service levels at the front desk were excellent. Run through various benefits at checkin, GM came out to say hello, followup call to see how the room was. Same at checkout with the AGM. No daily service, but service was quick and efficient when I asked. Made a minibar request to stock with a couple of items instead of the variety they usually offer and it was replenished for the rest of the stay. Never had a sense that this hotel was going through staffing issues.

The only downside of this stay was that mask-wearing in the hotel is ... intermittent at best. Not blaming this on the hotel, which is just enforcing current city/country policy, but it doesn't feel especially safe. One place of real concern was in the gym, where there's signs encouraging people to mask up (in small letters) and facemasks/sanitizer provided, but no towels or actual enforcement. The hotel also shares the gym space with a physical therapist (or some similar entity) and their clients aren't wearing any masks. When I went to the gym this afternoon before checking out, there were seven people in that basement gym without any masks on.
Thunderroad and TravisMT81 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:25 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here since the UK restrictions have eased? Rates at this hotel seem like they only move up.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Any recent stays here since the UK restrictions have eased? Rates at this hotel seem like they only move up.
I was here back in November. They were short of staff (like every hotel in London), but had a WhatsApp address they would respond to within 10min or so. A few mistakes were made, but as I’ve had previously, the hotel proactively follows up to apologise/ offer any required compensation (for relatively small matters). I don’t love this hote because of the location and the somewhat mediocre design, but if I had to be in the area I wouldn’t have any qualms about staying.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was here back in November. They were short of staff (like every hotel in London), but had a WhatsApp address they would respond to within 10min or so. A few mistakes were made, but as I’ve had previously, the hotel proactively follows up to apologise/ offer any required compensation (for relatively small matters). I don’t love this hote because of the location and the somewhat mediocre design, but if I had to be in the area I wouldn’t have any qualms about staying.
Similar experience as you but in December, right as omicron was ramping up aha

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel actually and being right on top of Liverpool St station was convenient.

A couple of small small hiccups but nothing to write home about.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
I stay here pretty often. For me the location is ideal and I like the area. The hotel itself is alright, what stands out is the excellent gym, though.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88
I stay here pretty often. For me the location is ideal and I like the area. The hotel itself is alright, what stands out is the excellent gym, though.
I thought the steam room was awesome!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
I thought the steam room was awesome!
I went to the gym there a couple of times. I never even noticed a steam room. The gym was always full of people who weren’t staying at the hotel.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I went to the gym there a couple of times. I never even noticed a steam room. The gym was always full of people who weren’t staying at the hotel.
Down at the end of the change room/lockers to the left. Before you reach the gym.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.