Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by lalala
They are two different beasts. Andaz room sizes are not standard (as far as I can tell). I think the beds are great. The windows vary depending on the room location, so natural light is hard to assess. I do like the nespresso machines, the bathrooms are good. The counter space is awful though compared to the Churchill. Andaz location and vibe is not particularly child friendly, which is a plus for me. Breakfast is great at the Andaz. I have only eaten in the Regency club at the Churchill, so not sure how to compare the two.

Andaz is very close to many awesome restaurants, I cannot say the same for the Churchill with the exception of Locanda Locatelli.
All of Mayfair is close, albeit not very close. But no shortage of fine dining nearby (if you think within a mile is close enough).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Andaz is closer to more hipster dining places (some very very good, like Brat), whereas you can walk from the Churchill to 30+ Michelin star restaurants and as many other high end diners. It’s also directly opposite Nobu and just behind Edgeware Road, London’s centre of Middle Eastern cuisine.

Both are basically foodie heaven.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:26 pm

Andaz stay review

Two-night stay at the Andaz Liverpool (first week of January/23) as Globalist at 17k points/night:

Check-in - Did not see any suites available in the app + had asked for 11am check-in (through Concierge) so coming in wasn't too hopeful. FA offered champagne and was very courteous. I asked if a suite was available, was told there was one available but would only be for tonight and would be moved into a corner King Deluxe the following night. I told FA I'd take that deal (only had a small carry-on and was kind of just wanted the suite upgrade as it was my first Hyatt stay as Globalist). He happy obliged and told me he'd try his best to move things around to see if he could keep me in the suite both nights. Beautiful. Went up to my room. Had just walked into my room when I received a call from the GM apologizing that he wasn't there to personally greet me at the front desk and to let him know if I needed anything. Suite had a bottle of red, some rather nice chocolates and a hand-written card from the team, in addition to two drink vouchers for the restaurant.

Room - Pictures attached. Suite was decently sized, certainly for Central London, although no couch/separate living area so it was less of a "true suite". Bed was excellent, tastefully furnished and the bathroom had a tub and a shower which was nice. What was particularly nice was that as a 6'2 person I could actually fit fully in the tub - that was a first. I will say my least favorite part about the entire room were the shampoo/conditioner. The shampoo was awful enough that I thought maybe I got a bad bottle and I ended up opening a second one. Still just as bad. Not normally something I'd pick on but it was bad enough that I did. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the brand.
Oh. They also had a yoga mat and a DIY shoe polish station (you could also send shoes to be polished, not free)? The yoga mat was a nice surprise.

Service - GM called later to let me know that they had managed to hold the suite for me for tomorrow as well. Very pleasant. My good fortune was short-lived however, as a few hours later I ran into an issue with my room where there was some sort of engineering problem and they had to move me out. Other suites were occupied so I had to move into a Corner King, which was kind of inconvenient. To be honest though, the manner in which the Customer Relations guy handled it was flawless. He profusely apologized on multiple accounts, offered me points as recompense and sat down with me at the bar to see if there was anything at all he could do to smooth things over. While it wasn't a suite, the Corner King Deluxe was still rather roomy and honestly not that much different from the suite itself so this wasn't a dealbreaker - especially not after all the efforts put into making it right.

Overall, I had a great stay - despite the room switch and not securing that suite upgrade. Great elite recognition and overall customer experience. I did not have breakfast at either of the two restaurants - I think there was a buffet and an a la carte option.

room

hallway

bathroom

bathroom#2

closet with shoe shine kit
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed in a suite and a regular room here. I waited extra time to get the suite. Ultimately I didn't see a big difference between the two. Next time I won't wait for a suite to become available

Both rooms were nice.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 8:58 pm

FYI there are larger standard suites than this. I recently stayed here and had a quite sizeable room although it did not have a true separation between the living and bedroom, there was a huge couch.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:05 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This is a common issue at this hotel, many room types have very different configurations.

We stayed once and the first suite was unacceptable with a sloping roof which made it feel very cramped. We asked to move to a different suite which had a better layout.

It's not a property I would return to because the experience is so varied.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This is a common issue at this hotel, many room types have very different configurations.

We stayed once and the first suite was unacceptable with a sloping roof which made it feel very cramped. We asked to move to a different suite which had a better layout.

There's definitely a much wider range of suite qualities here than there are at most other hotels. I've found that my experience at this Andaz has generally gotten better with repeat stays and dramatically so over the last couple of years.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by m0hamed

This is near the perfect summary of this hotel and I couldn’t have said it better or simpler and I didn’t 🙃
Add to that what seems to be a deep desire of hotel management to under deliver upgrade wise until somebody turns down the accommodations Or settles with what is handed to them
YMMV
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:42 am

Globalist here and looking to book with points. I could upgrade to the Andaz Suite with a King and Rollaway bed but they told me it was a max of 3 people. Anyone manage to get 2 adults and 2 young kids in one room on points?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by lordvaderman
Globalist here and looking to book with points. I could upgrade to the Andaz Suite with a King and Rollaway bed but they told me it was a max of 3 people. Anyone manage to get 2 adults and 2 young kids in one room on points?
Ive tried multiple times and they won't allow 2 adults and 2 kids(4 and 2) in any of the rooms. I ended up getting a 2nd room(connecting) on the family rate. I believe it has to do with fire codes.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:21 am

Do the rooms at this property get good natural light or are they dark?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyingFromNY
Do the rooms at this property get good natural light or are they dark?
I believe the majority of the rooms are dark. I had a corner room once that was very bright and airy. The slanted rooms were dark.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by faboi0us; Feb 3, 2023 at 7:51 pm
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:57 pm

Have a room booked here for 3 nights in April with points. I requested a SUA from my concierge and she is awaiting the hotel. She requested it on Monday, I'll probaly have to follow up with her or the globalist line to see if it went through.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: United Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Ive tried multiple times and they won't allow 2 adults and 2 kids(4 and 2) in any of the rooms. I ended up getting a 2nd room(connecting) on the family rate. I believe it has to do with fire codes.
Dang didn't know there were so strict about the occupancy. Was going to book a room here in March but will look for other options. Seems like the suite experience is quite varied as well.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by iceiceui2
Dang didn't know there were so strict about the occupancy. Was going to book a room here in March but will look for other options. Seems like the suite experience is quite varied as well.
You will find that this is not unique to this hotel. This is across Europe. My concierge found that other Hyatts in London were even more unrelenting when talking with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.