Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
I thought the steam room was awesome!
How so? Funny business?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
How so? Funny business?
Well, I did take my mask off to use it as omicron was ramping up in December...
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:24 pm

Could anyone advise if I can comfortably fit 2 adults and 2 small children (under 10) in the Andaz suite here?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Could anyone advise if I can comfortably fit 2 adults and 2 small children (under 10) in the Andaz suite here?
You could certainly fit but 4 persons is not allowed per Fire code. My family of 4 was forced to get a second room.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
You could certainly fit but 4 persons is not allowed per Fire code. My family of 4 was forced to get a second room.
Yeah, unfortunately this is correct - I emailed them and they said only the Family Room type can take more than 3 people. Unfortunate.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:41 am

That's too bad. I wonder if they offer cash upgrades to the Family Room if a book a base room on points and/or use a TSU.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:00 pm

Anyone know if the hotel is willing to hold luggage for a day or two? Looking at a weeklong visit to the area, but planning to make a side trip for a night or two in the middle of two reservations and don't want to drag all our bags with us.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the lobby still have the billiard table post-renovation? It looks like they finally added a reception desk, too?
Did they fix the noisy toilets or is that still a problem?
What are the hours for morning pastries and evening wine/canapes?
The hotel used to make a point to hire underprivileged and homeless people to work in its kitchens...anyone know if they still do that? They used to get a lot of positive media coverage for that.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Apr 28, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old May 22, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Had quick one night stay here. Loved this place. Got there early, I got to shower in the gym. Luxurious shower. Dug the architecture, the room (king) was spacious. Breaky was good, though coffee was meh (I live in Seattle, have high standards). The neighborhood seemed amazing, but I was there for work. Only thing that was weird was the US power adapter they brought up -looked like the ghost trap from Ghostbusters and buzzed when I turned it on!

Am only Explorist as I go for Globalist but I'd definitely stay here again (Marriott St Pancras or Great Northern (I do love this place despite quirky and tiny rooms) would have been more convenient for me by far....

Also - never take a car from Heathrow. I took one because I was bleary eyed landing at 620am despite business class flight but ugh. 1.5 hrs.
TravisMT81 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does the lobby still have the billiard table post-renovation? It looks like they finally added a reception desk, too?
Did they fix the noisy toilets or is that still a problem?
What are the hours for morning pastries and evening wine/canapes?
The hotel used to make a point to hire underprivileged and homeless people to work in its kitchens...anyone know if they still do that? They used to get a lot of positive media coverage for that.
Had a recent stay there. Didn't notice a billiard table in lobby, but did see one in the atrium area. It was in an elevated space accessible by stairs from the 1st floor.

If referring to the toilet flushing, it was definitely on the noisy side. No issues other than that though.

Not sure about the pastries, unless you mean breakfast? In that case it was 6:30-11 am on weekdays and 7-11 am on weekends. Wine hour was 6-7 pm on Sun-Thu, 6-8 pm on Fri-Sat.

Breakfast in Eastway was ok, although it did seem like a downgrade from when it was in the previous location (Can't remember the name. I remember it had a very nice setting with the high ceiling and some high quality items from the buffet/menu)
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by econ
Breakfast in Eastway was ok, although it did seem like a downgrade from when it was in the previous location (Can't remember the name. I remember it had a very nice setting with the high ceiling and some high quality items from the buffet/menu)
For breakfast did you get a bill? I haven't visited any locations outside of the US where even as a globalist you generally need to sign a bill and then they comp it on your final folio. Most non-Hyatt European hotels that I've stayed at - with breakfast - just asks for room number and wave you through if you're covered. Leaving a few coins as tip is at the diner's discretion...

TIA!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Skramer86
For breakfast did you get a bill?
No bill to sign. The host at the front checked off the room number on their sheet before being seated.
Skramer86 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
We just finished a 4-night stay and totally loved it. Only got upgraded to a standard king room (booked queen using points) as a Globalist. The room was very well appointed and the free snacks and minibar were very much appreciated. The shower was nice but the toilet sounds like those on airplanes. The only issue we had was that the desk was a bit wobbly.

We tried breakfast both in Eastway and Rake's. Eastway had buffet and was much more crowded. You can ask the staff to order off of a menu, but that's not proactively provided. We enjoyed Rake's much better. The service was slower, but the ambiance was much more relaxed. Didn't have to sign any bill at both locations.

The location of the hotel was also a big plus. When Elizabeth line is fully open, you can get on one train from Heathrow and arrive right next to the hotel! It's also really close to Spitalfields and not too far from Shoreditch. So many amazing restaurants within 10-15 min walk.
Skramer86 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by monopod
We just finished a 4-night stay and totally loved it. Only got upgraded to a standard king room (booked queen using points) as a Globalist. The room was very well appointed and the free snacks and minibar were very much appreciated. The shower was nice but the toilet sounds like those on airplanes. The only issue we had was that the desk was a bit wobbly.

We tried breakfast both in Eastway and Rake's. Eastway had buffet and was much more crowded. You can ask the staff to order off of a menu, but that's not proactively provided. We enjoyed Rake's much better. The service was slower, but the ambiance was much more relaxed. Didn't have to sign any bill at both locations.

The location of the hotel was also a big plus. When Elizabeth line is fully open, you can get on one train from Heathrow and arrive right next to the hotel! It's also really close to Spitalfields and not too far from Shoreditch. So many amazing restaurants within 10-15 min walk.
Thanks for the note about Rake's - I didn't realize globalists are allowed breakfast there too! Did they offer or did you have to ask? Or was it because Eastway was very crowded?

The Elizabeth line is not currently opened all the way to Heathrow, right? We'd still need to take the Heathrow express to Paddington and switch there? It would be great once that's fully open. I really debated between here versus HR Churchill as a few others in our group haven't been to London before, in the end this just seems so much more bright and fun compared to the drabness of the Churchill. It's a bit of a hike to get to Buckingham/Mayfair but it's so close to Borough Market, Tower of London, St. Paul and so many delicious restaurants!
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Skramer86
Thanks for the note about Rake's - I didn't realize globalists are allowed breakfast there too! Did they offer or did you have to ask? Or was it because Eastway was very crowded?

The Elizabeth line is not currently opened all the way to Heathrow, right? We'd still need to take the Heathrow express to Paddington and switch there? It would be great once that's fully open. I really debated between here versus HR Churchill as a few others in our group haven't been to London before, in the end this just seems so much more bright and fun compared to the drabness of the Churchill. It's a bit of a hike to get to Buckingham/Mayfair but it's so close to Borough Market, Tower of London, St. Paul and so many delicious restaurants!
We didn't really ask. Just stumbled upon Rake's, told them our room number, and got let in. The welcome sheet might have mentioned it, but I don't remember.

The Elizabeth line is running all the way to Heathrow, but you have to change train at Paddington. The train to/from Heathrow leaves from a platform close to the Heathrow Express. It's a bit slower (more stops), but it'd only cost about 13 pounds all from Heathrow to central London vs 25 on Heathrow Express + the tube. The tunneling work that would allow it to run directly from Heathrow to central London won't be done until later this year, I think.
Skramer86 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.