Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Current rates here pushing around 300 GBP per night....
This hotel in this location is nowhere near worth that price.
I saw that the pretty dumpy Choice hotel near Victoria Station wanted 220 GBP. I guess nobody is going to be getting value from a London chain hotel these days. Try to find the best points deal you can!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Rates are often even higher than that… it’s quite popular with business travellers who are less price sensitive (/have corporate rates).
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Their advance rates were over 600GBP towards the end of last year. That was ridiculous, but 300GBP for the Andaz in Liverpool St given its proximity to the City of London, the Shoreditch tech/ media area, the Elizabeth Line and the Stansted Express is honestly not that unreasonable. I prefer to pay less than 270GBP for the property, but have paid more on occasion.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

In US terms that puts the property around 400 dollars per night.I wouldn't pay it as I know better more luxurious options for the same or less/half as much on weekends
But taste value are all subjective.If I've learned anything in my last 30 years keep an open mind to options as without trying new experiences you may be really losing out.
That comment includes properties in or out of the Hyatt portfolio.
And if you are trying to hold on to or earn elite status then you are on their treadmill possibly with extremely limited options
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
More luxurious options in central London for less than 150GBP? You have caught my curiosity!
tailorgiven likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
In US terms that puts the property around 400 dollars per night.I wouldn't pay it as I know better more luxurious options for the same or less/half as much on weekends
But taste value are all subjective.If I've learned anything in my last 30 years keep an open mind to options as without trying new experiences you may be really losing out.
And if you are trying to hold on to or earn elite status then you are on their treadmill possibly with extremely limited options
I'd love to hear a couple of your top properties at that price point.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Please share these better, more luxurious options that can be booked for $200 - $400 in central London - I'm in dire need of somewhere nice that doesn't require me to sell a kidney before I can afford it 😁
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Mileometer
Please share these better, more luxurious options that can be booked for $200 - $400 in central London - I'm in dire need of somewhere nice that doesn't require me to sell a kidney before I can afford it 😁
It doesn't exist. I love this hotel and it is often one of the cheaper Hyatt options.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mileometer
Crickets = BS
Old Mar 10, 2023, 4:00 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
More luxurious options in central London for less than 150GBP? You have caught my curiosity!
Feel free to Private message me and I will be happy to share some examples.I don't think it is fair to do this blatantly in this thread as they are non Hyatt options in London
Nor do I wish to assist those that are cynical here or close minded.Rates start at other leading properties @ 165 GBP on weekends and go up from there
If someone likes a specific hotel and sees value and satisfaction in that fair enough
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:45 pm

Globalist here unable to use suite upgrade award. What can I expect, a deluxe room? No way to the premium suites still available for cash bookings?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Globalist here unable to use suite upgrade award. What can I expect, a deluxe room? No way to the premium suites still available for cash bookings?
Hello,
I'll stay there for the first time for a few nights after 59 ones at the Churchill to try it (and get the points from the Q1 promotion and first stay for the Q2 one...).
I've just noticed that they also charge a 5% discretionary service charge on all expenses (Churchill automatically waived it for stays of more than 14 nights).
Any experience of it being waived with or without asking?
Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Many hotels in London have the 5% discretionary fee. Just ask to have it removed from the bill prior to checkout. At the Churchill, I emailed the hotel in advance and asked for it to be removed prior to checkout without issue.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Suite upgrades without a TSU are rare, but do happen. Most of the base suites aren’t great anyways, so what you really want is simply a nice room (without two beds squeezed together, in case it annoys you as much as it does me).

The hotel will charge the 5% scam, but the staff are perfectly understanding when you ask for it to be taken off at checkout.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Suite upgrades without a TSU are rare, but do happen. Most of the base suites aren’t great anyways, so what you really want is simply a nice room (without two beds squeezed together, in case it annoys you as much as it does me).

The hotel will charge the 5% scam, but the staff are perfectly understanding when you ask for it to be taken off at checkout.
They are adding it to my bill even on a point stay (based on a GBP295 rate apparently)??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.