Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:43 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ainternational
I'll try the Churchill perhaps on my next visit. I had avoided it only due to the location. I prefer the Trafalgar / soho areas.

Trafalgar to the Andaz is, maybe 20 minutes by tube? Maybe 25? I even walked it a few times if you can believe that which took a good hour or 90 minutes. Good exercise though, especially if the gym is subpar. BTW, the gym at the Le Meridian is actually over the top huge and quite well furnished. That was a surprise. But I'm pretty much done with SPG these days. I status matched over from Hyatt to try out SPG Plat, but so far it's been a letdown. Much prefer Gold Passport benefits..
Thanks for the helpful feedback how many minutes by taxi?

I'm losing steam on SPG too Have a 12 year Platinum history
cash and points are non existent frequently yet available in competing programs that copied them
A number of the hotels are not recognizing nor appreciating top tier members
in the markets I travel too.Hyatt does a great job typically at full service properties across the globe.
I booked the Churchill on revenue and upgraded to a suite at the time of booking for this Fall.I almost always use points in London.
However this is where the great program really kicks in!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 14, 2011 at 12:22 am
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the helpful feedback how many minutes by taxi?

I'm losing steam on SPG too Have a 12 year Platinum history
cash and points are non existent frequently yet available in competing programs that copied them
A number of the hotels are not recognizing nor appreciating top tier members
in the markets I travel too.Hyatt does a great job typically at full service properties across the globe.I booked the Churchill on revenue and upgraded to a suite at the time of booking for this Fall.I almost always use points in London.However this is where the great program really kicks in!
Depends on time of day, but maybe 15 generally? I think we did it closer to 10 late at night (e.g. early morning hours).

Wish Hyatt had a Park in London.... that's what we really need. Something modeled after the Park Paris or Milan....
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I loved this hotel and would stay again in a heartbeat. Excellent tube connections, close to Spitalfields, comfortable beds (for us) and friendly and very helpful staff were big selling points. It was nice to get away from all the average tourist stuff and the average tourist. I have stayed at the Churchill 2 to 3 times a year since it's changeover from the IC and love it, but was ready for a change.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:46 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ainternational
Depends on time of day, but maybe 15 generally? I think we did it closer to 10 late at night (e.g. early morning hours).

Wish Hyatt had a Park in London.... that's what we really need. Something modeled after the Park Paris or Milan....
We once had the PH Carlton Tower though it was not nearly as good as the Churchill as it stands today other than the health club which was excellent by London standards.
I hear you though a Park Hyatt of true PH standards would be amazing!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
A wide range of minor problems on this stay which add up too much. Anyone got email address of GM? I would rather get response before posting here.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:38 pm

30 GBP Off Spa Treatment

I got a 30 GBP off coupon at the Andaz London from my last treatment. If anyone wants it, please PM me and I will mail. U.S. residents only because of shipping.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:48 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
I got a 30 GBP off coupon at the Andaz London from my last treatment. If anyone wants it, please PM me and I will mail. U.S. residents only because of shipping.
Thanks so much for the coupon. I used it and was interested to hear that there is no surcharge for inroom treatments which was great.

For deep tissue massage, the full prices are £75 for an hour, £95 for 90 minutes and £115 for two hours.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Andaz recently. Check in was a little chaotic as there were a number of people trying to check in and as usual when this happens the process seems to fall apart. Eventually we were checked in and we upgraded to a large King room on the 4th floor. The room was at the end of a corridor and was of a good size with an enormous bathroom. We were at the front of the hotel but there wasn’t too much noise even though there was live music outside Liverpool Street Station.

We had booked a Stay and Dine rate and I was mailed a few days before our arrival to make a booking in either 1901 or Catch. We chose 1901 as our last experience at Catch was very disappointing.

When we arrived at 8PM the restaurant was already quite busy – it soon became completely full. Our rate included 3 courses from the set menu and we choose

Rabbit Terrine with Lettuce and Celeriac Coleslaw
Grilled Mackerel with a Citrus and Celeriac Salad and Gooseberry Puree
Stone Bass with Shellfish Foam with Green Beans and Cauliflower Puree
Duo of Pork with a Potato Galette served with Grilled Pear and Nectarine
Summer Pudding with Mint Ice Cream and White Chocoate

Have to say overall that the meal was very enjoyable and the service was very good. There is a very good wine list starting at around £30 and into the stratosphere.

Breakfast the next morning was in Eastway which IMHO serves probably the best breakfast in London – just wish that once I could finish it all. As a Diamond this was free which makes it taste even better.

Only one small problem with the bill which was quickly resolved at checkout. The Stay and Dine rate is very good value and I’ll certainly be going back to try it again.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: UA MM
Excellent stay

Just finished 3 nights at the Andaz by Liverpool Station with the family (tourist trip) and loved it. I was using GP points and when we showed up to check in discovered that in some haste I'd made the rez for the right day of the week but the wrong week! Oh no. Thoughts of quick search for a bed in London dissolved when after a brief consult they said they had space and could honor the rez. What a relief, they were really helpful ^

We enjoyed the fact that the mini-bar is stocked daily with a good supply of complementary non-alcoholic drinks (booze available too but not free). Found the room to be amazingly quiet, despite blaring telly from the room next door and weekend pub crowds on the street. Spacious room, excellent free wifi, solicitous staff, rather good location for getting around. Really had an excellent stay and would love to go back! Big ^ to the staff.

BTW if you like "Indian" (I use the term generically) food, Brick Lane is a short walk away and is jammed full of small restaurants - the touts on the street will offer you deals so bargain away
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Checked in today for a spontaneous stopover back to Sydney. Made the reservation yesterday. When we arrived the lobby and front entrance were a construction site. Even the hotel's outsourced chauffeur service from LHR didn't know where to drop us off. Eventually some agent saw us wondering and ushered us into 1901 for check in.

We had to use the stairs as the lifts don't reach Lobby Level and we got lost several times walking in and out of the hotel as the stairs are on a different section of the floor. I felt very, very poor having to watch 2 young lads lug our luggage up two flights of stairs.

Front desk agent said the refurb finishes on tomorrow. Letter in the room indicates Monday 5th September. I have never encountered this with Hyatt, but SPG hotels announce any refurbishments on the front page of the property's website. No notes appear in the reservation confirmation either. Is this normal practice?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:52 am

m0hamed - any idea what they are refurbishing?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmanc
I stayed in the hotel over the weekend. My understanding was that it was the lobby area that was being worked on. The temporary entrance is on the same street just a little closer to the entrance to the Liverpool Street station.

Last edited by cottonpatch; Aug 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:23 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmanc
The lobby was complete by Monday night. There are major construction works in other areas of the hotel, I presume all restaurants other than 1901 but may be other common areas. Very unimpressed I wasn't notified in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
There is disclosure on the Andaz website that the Eastway restaurant is closed temporarily for refurbishment. All of the other restaurants were open.

The lobby was out of commission for only a couple of days and the temporary entrance was just a few yards away. I thought that the hotel did a great job handling a minor inconvenience while improvements are made to the property. I was very impressed with the staff and their handling of a temporary hindrance. It really was very minor.

I look forward to coming back.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:05 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
There is disclosure on the Andaz website that the Eastway restaurant is closed temporarily for refurbishment. All of the other restaurants were open.

The lobby was out of commission for only a couple of days and the temporary entrance was just a few yards away. I thought that the hotel did a great job handling a minor inconvenience while improvements are made to the property. I was very impressed with the staff and their handling of a temporary hindrance. It really was very minor.

I look forward to coming back.
When a hotel is performing construction work, in any area, I expect it to to be listed on the property's front page, not in a subsection under dining, and then under the particular restaurant. The fact remains that the the lobby renovations were not listed at all, and had I known, I would have chosen The Churchill. There is nothing comfortable watching 2 young lads, both of whom were half the size and strength of my partner carry our bags up several flights of stairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.