Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just found out that the car service is run by a Jaguar XJ, which explains the cost.. A bit overpriced, imho, but it would be fun to have a jag pick you up from LHR..

Train Station Transfer - London St Pancras
We will either collect or drop you off in style to or from London St Pancras Station. Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP60

Train Station Transfer - London Paddington
We will either collect or drop you off in style to or from London Paddington Station. Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP60

Train Station Transfer - London Victoria
We will either collect or drop you off in style to or from London Victoria Station. Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One way GBP60

Airport Transfer - London Heathrow Airport
We will either collect or drop you off in style to or from London Heathrow Airport (LHR). Our Jaguar XJ’s are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the “comment” box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP120
Cancellation Policies:
24 Hour Cancellation policy

Airport Transfer - London City Airport
Relax after your flight and be collected to or from the London City Airport (LCA). Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP100
Cancellation Policies:
24 Hour Cancellation Policy

Airport Transfer - London Gatwick Airport
We will either collect or drop you off in style to/from London Gatwick Airport (GTW). Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP160
Cancellation Policies:

Airport Transfer - London Stansted Airport
Relax after your flight and be collected to or from the London Stansted Airport (STN). Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One Way GBP160
Cancellation Policies:

Airport Transfer - London Luton Airport
Relax after your flight and be collected to or from the London Luton Airport. Our Jaguar XJs are the flagship cars of our fleet and have to be experienced to be believed. Should you require alternative cars (Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, Bentley Continental or MPV) please specify your request in the comment box. This service can be charged to your hotel account so no need to worry about finding cash to pay the driver.
One way GBP180
Cancellation Policies:
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler; NWA Refugee; Hilton Gold
We just completed a two night award stay on Tuesday. Outside car services are far more reasonable; we found a service for only 38 GBP. A mere Peugot, not a Jaguar XJ, but for 160 GBP I would insist on driving the darn vehicle to LHR at high speed. Be sure to allocate a minimum of one hour or even 75 minutes to get there, though. We had to drive all the way through central London to connect to the A4 and traffic remains congested throughout that area.

Based on a comment from an earlier post I should also note that the check-in staff also do double duty as the conciereges. Pablo checked us in and was always willing to field our dumb questions whenever we bumped into him coming inor going out.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bstreeter
Based on a comment from an earlier post I should also note that the check-in staff also do double duty as the conciereges. Pablo checked us in and was always willing to field our dumb questions whenever we bumped into him coming inor going out.
This is a good point, and in my book, a negative. I found during a recent stay that first, the front desk staff are ALWAYS understaffed at this property and hardly available. This applied during checkin where I saw someone (behind me in line) wait at least 20 minutes to speak with someone. That can be hard after a 10 hour plane ride into the UK.

Second, since they are always do darn busy, that means they largely aren't available as concierges. Hence I prefer a dedicated concierge like most other higher end Hyatt's.

Worst part was that when I finally did get someone to speak with, they had no clue about local restaurants and were basically useless. I opted to use Yelp! which worked very well actually, a pleasant surprise that there were so many London based reviews on the site.

Anyhow, all in all, I was unimpressed with this aspect of the property. That said, it _is_ cheaper than I would have expected in downtown "central" London for a modern, clean "W style" hotel. But given it was my first stay at an Andaz property, let's just say I don't have high hopes for this brand. It felt like an overly modernized mid tier business hotel that was trying to be something it wasn't properly staffed or outfitted to be.

I look forward to trying the Regency in London next time. Can't believe Hyatt doesn't have a Park or some such in the city. Guess the competition is high..
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:25 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by ainternational
This is a good point, and in my book, a negative. I found during a recent stay that first, the front desk staff are ALWAYS understaffed at this property and hardly available. This applied during checkin where I saw someone (behind me in line) wait at least 20 minutes to speak with someone. That can be hard after a 10 hour plane ride into the UK.
same happened during my stay, my dad came to the hotel for dinner and wait 20 minutes for someone to help him to call my room , he got tired of waiting and went outside to get a phone and call my cell....
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler; NWA Refugee; Hilton Gold
As always, YMMV
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The overall feel I got from this hotel was that it was designed as a upmarket W competitor, but reality set in and it has become a high end budget tourist-style hotel. So it has all the style, but with obvious cost cuts eg minimal staffing levels. Kind of like a Pullman Hotel.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 3:41 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
The overall feel I got from this hotel was that it was designed as a upmarket W competitor, but reality set in and it has become a high end budget tourist-style hotel. So it has all the style, but with obvious cost cuts eg minimal staffing levels. Kind of like a Pullman Hotel.
And with the attitude of Ryan Air. (IMO).

Last edited by stc; Oct 18, 2010 at 7:55 pm Reason: spelling mistake
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I have posted negatively about this property in the past but my recent experiences have been pretty good. Personally I don't like the check in arrangement but hey I am an old f@rt and maybe it appeals to a younger demographic?

The Churchill is better in some ways but it does very crowded over the weekend and the lounge is a zoo!

There was once a PH in London but it closed some time in the 90's so we UK residents don't have a lot to chose from. The cheapest UK property is the Hyatt in Birmingham but not very convenient for London
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Does anybody have a specific car service they recommend? I need one to get me to LHR on a Sunday morning.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
First time at the Andaz for me...so I need some advices please...
How do they handle the breakfast for diamonds?
Full breakfast or room breakfast?
limited to 25 pounds/person?
I booked Andaz Single rate...will there be a problem if my BF decided to come with me?
Do I have to call in advance?
Will they charge me for the second person?
What room upgrade can I expect?

How to reach the hotel?I dont wanna use a cab...flighing to Heathrow...is the Heathrow express the best option or can I also use some other train/bus?
How long does it take to the andaz?
Arriving at heathrow around 10pm...
thank you a lot
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Much of your questions are already answered in the thread.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24

I booked Andaz Single rate...will there be a problem if my BF decided to come with me?
Not, if you pay for her... @:-)
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Do I have to call in advance?
Will they charge me for the second person?

How to reach the hotel?I dont wanna use a cab...flighing to Heathrow...is the Heathrow express the best option or can I also use some other train/bus?
thank you a lot
They treat Diamonds pretty well - you can have breakfast in the brasserie which is my choice or room service and you can have pretty much anything you want.

In terms of an extra person they will probably charge you, especially if your BF wants breakfast!

Room upgrade is typically next best room. Last night I had booked a Queen and got a large King - room 458 but it was opposite the service doors which made so much noise I thought someone was knocking on the door most of the night

If you are not getting to LHR until 10PM you will probably be better off getting a taxi or booking a car service which at that tim eof night should be doable in 45 minutes or less. The tube is fine but takes a while
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:41 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
I took room breakfast.. no price difference. no limits.. but I was reasonable on what we ordered.

I had a suite upgrade facing liverpool street.

took heathrow express to paddington ,then subway to liverpool street station.. hotel is less than 1 block away.. very easy to find.

it took the whole thing like an hour to the hotel.

thank you a lot
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
ok thank you all a lot...you can order anything you like for inroom breakfast?
or is there a limit like 25 pound per person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.