Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:35 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Pacha
I stayed at the Andaz over New Years (and Swissotel the Howard after) and was apprehensive at first, but actually liked it.

Staff isn't that great, but the rooms were nicely done and the drinks / laundry etc was welcome.

no upgrade though...
what tier are you with Hyatt GP?
Does anyone know how far this property is by taxi say to Piccadilly Circus?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
cutbacks (credit crunch)

Andaz no longer offers in house movies free and breakfast free, this is what made me return to this hotel??? They are trying to bring prices down apparently. Its a shame as i love a free movie !
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:55 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
I quite agree...The free mini bar looks quite empty and now that breakfast is removed, I really wonder what are the + of Andaz. Time to add a Regency Club in this hotel with a real quality approach: premium champagne, premium hot appetizers...

Enough of empty words
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:17 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hyatt tried to position the Andaz brand as an all inclusive property with bundled amenities at one price. The strategy seems to have failed especially as the economy tanked and continues to get worse.
They will most likely be forced to compete more on price now........stripping the original plan.
Though the daily revenue rates have lowered somewhat they are still asking for the premium point redemption rates.
So true value and an interesting concept of potential value are now eroded ……..

When the Andaz brand was first presented to me I thought it would be a brilliant concept.
Andaz is a fair attempt at their W like product with less of a selling point without the bundled amenities.
The name is odd though less odd then the Hyatt blunder of all time and the run away online success known as "yatt it "
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What -- if any -- Diamond benefits are now granted at this hotel?

I am still wondering what benefits were ever granted at this hotel to Hyatt Diamonds.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And as was intended?

777 global mile hound and GUWonder, well put. Perhaps worthy to bring up at the DO at the end of April; e.g., "Where is this concept headed?" Also, why the new hotel in Seattle didn't come out as an Andaz, afterall. Peter, perhaps you can let us know what's off base in light of their generosity?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Firewind
Peter, perhaps you can let us know what's off base in light of their generosity?
I don't think that this would be off-base at all - I've told them in our discussions that I would like to see a question/answer time (they don't want to do a formal session though - more casual with their execs/mgrs circulating) and to use "us" as a "focus group". I for one have a few things in mind already in terms of praise as well as criticism of Hyatt and the GP program.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Then we should be able to pick Karen right out in the crowd. She'll be the one in the construction helmet. Actually, I think she should get a bouquet.

There also should be something for a mod for extraordinary service, and not just for the DO.

:-::-::-::-::-: ...as to both.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What -- if any -- Diamond benefits are now granted at this hotel?

I am still wondering what benefits were ever granted at this hotel to Hyatt Diamonds.
I was there in January of this year (Diamond) and was given a room upgrade. I forget the category they called it (or if it even had a name), but the room was quite large for London standards and notably larger than other rooms depicted on the evacuation map. The hotel appeared to be very empty.

As a Diamond, I was given breakfast in the hotel's restaurant each morning. Oddly, the listed price for the different breakfast items was quite reasonable. Free is never to be passed up, though the quality of the items I had was good and certainly worth the ~£10 if you have to pay.

My complaint about the hotel primarily centers around the bathroom. The bathroom floor would actually shake and the plumbing would make a loud noise about every 30 seconds when the water was on (shower or sink). The noise the toilet flush made was deafening.

As far as the minibar goes, the idea sounds good on paper. My expectations were obviously too high, however. Each morning the bar is stocked with water (which should be available for free at every hotel), pear juice and three snacks: a couple cold shortbread cookies, a couple cold chocolate covered nuts and a cold bag of seeds. None of this food belongs in a mini-bar...

Overall, the hotel wasn't bad. There are better hotels in London, that's for sure, but if you need to be in the east of London this hotel's location is very good.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
[QUOTE=GUWonder;11383218
I am still wondering what benefits were ever granted at this hotel to Hyatt Diamonds. [/QUOTE]

I did get upgraded rooms on the majority of my stays there last year, but did not receive a Diamond amenity and was told by the manager that Diamond benefits don't apply to this brand.

I am glad to hear that the Diamond breakfast benefit DOES apply now that breakfast is not included.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Intercontinental RA/BA/BMI/Virgin
Diamond at andaz

Im not sure the diamond amenity at the andaz, but you get a nice lounge at the churchill. For me there is no comparison. Churchill right in centre walkable to wested and next to selfridges. ANdaz in the middle of the city with nothing much to do.
Churchill rooms bright and large
andaz rooms can be small dark and depressing.
churchill staff give you love partic on the club floor where they are lovely. Andaz is very impersonal.

If you are a diamond and have any choice at all. My vote is to go to the churchill over the andaz without hesitation. The rate would have to be VERY good to bring me back to the andaz. If the free movies and brekky were reintroduced it would possibly tempt me back as it would give you something to do. Without that, i really cant see the point of staying at the andaz!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bananacake
The rate would have to be VERY good to bring me back to the andaz.
Staying there next week because they have really cut their rates (£135 a night, less than half of the Churchill) I normally stay at the Sofitel St. Jame so interested to see how they compare.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by mcg1000
Staying there next week because they have really cut their rates (£135 a night, less than half of the Churchill) I normally stay at the Sofitel St. Jame so interested to see how they compare.
Please let us know your experience and Hyatt GP status. We will be there in mid-August.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Please let us know your experience and Hyatt GP status. We will be there in mid-August.
I see you've booked your "win"
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
I see you've booked your "win"
Gosh. That creeped me out a bit, because the reason I'm dallying with the Andaz instead of the Sofitel is because I'm also using a Big Welcome Sweepstakes free night! I thought this was addressed at me and wondered how you'd found out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.