Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Shame they aren't participating in FFNs. I had missed that, and tried last week. I have four at the Churchill, and three left. Ironic, because, while Churchill only had the string of four available, Andaz was available for points straight through the end of January. But no go. Must be because of the management arrangement.

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 12, 2008 at 7:06 pm Reason: Comment was made under Markie's new comment in "Great Eastern" thread...
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:41 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
I stayed here last night and have some observations:

- Breakfast starts at 0730 on Sats and requires you to leave the hotel and take a 1 minute walk outside

- Turndown was just that, no ice, no chocolate
There is a direct connection if you get off the elevator on the 2nd floor, walk down the hall to your right and then down the starcase -- no need to go out side as long as you don't mind some steps.

I always got ice . . . perhaps just a lapse.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by trd
There is a direct connection if you get off the elevator on the 2nd floor, walk down the hall to your right and then down the starcase -- no need to go out side as long as you don't mind some steps.

I always got ice . . . perhaps just a lapse.
The staff sent me outside so I assume the corridor must be closed.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Stayed there last night. I had also tried to book a FFN stay here and at the Churchill and was unsuccessful with both so won't be using any of my FFN awards for the second year. Only stayed because of the double stay offer as this is isn't my favourite London hotel but it is very convenient to Brick Lane for a nice Ruby Murray

I think the lobby arrangement is just stupid - what's wrong with either having a check in desk or a discrete area - just standing next to a desk doesn't work for me. We were told, rather haughtily, that we had been upgraded to a King - didn't bother telling her that Diamonds are guaranteed their bed type. And anyway the hotel was hardly full.

Room was small but OK. The amenity was 1 orange and 6 grapes I like the other benefits like the free minibar and movies. Breakfast on a Sunday is next door but has been said before you can walk through from some floors. Breakfast was good and included but I will be keeping an eye on my credit card bill because last time they put a separate charge through for breakfast which they refused to refund
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
because last time they put a separate charge through for breakfast which they refused to refund
That is what the County Court is for!
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
That is what the County Court is for!
You're right but life is too short to go through that for £35
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Thumbs up Andaz London: Great Deal for GP members

If you are going to use 6.000 points for a suite upgrade, you are offered a base rate of 100 GBP. I stayed in a fantastic suite - and everything was free. Internet, breakfast (in-room), minibar - wow!

As a Diamond I was earning 1.300 points plus 2.000 promotion points - leaves me with 100 GBP and 2.700 points for my stay. Fantastic pricing for London!

Will stay there for sure again!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:24 pm

I thought breakfast and internet was free in all rooms at Andaz?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I thought breakfast and internet was free in all rooms at Andaz?
And the minibar is free as well. I have never stated anything different.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

SMK77 - was this a stay on a weekend? I think that rates at Andaz London can be pretty low on weekends since it's in the "City" which is quiet on weekends. At any rate, glad you had a good stay.

I'm going to merge this into the "review thread" for this property.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Gp Bonus?

hi,
we will stay there for 3 nights for 100 BP a night for a Suite over Easter!
i think thats a deal. have 2 rooms.

Is there a GP Bonuscode for this time an the ANDAZ?
please post!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

No Gx bonus per http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...nus_europe.jsp - perhaps there's some other one that I don't know about.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Perhaps the 1,000 pt. Diamond amenity option?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Firewind
Perhaps the 1,000 pt. Diamond amenity option?
I think the 1000 point option is offered only in the US. Certainly, I've never been given the choice at the HR Churchill or the PH Vendome.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:08 am

Thank you. I didn't know that. When I've stayed at the Vendome, I've always emailed via the concierge a request for a basketful of the Blaise Mautin lotions in place of the amenity, which I assumed obviated my amenity selection. But the bottle of wine is always there, as well.

And on further review, I see that my comment wouldn't have closed the 2,000 point gap @37, above, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.