Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by ecatalina
Anyone know if this extra charge for a 3rd person applies to bookings made using award points?
It does not apply (for reward bookings at least) if the 3rd person is a child under 12.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by karmasalad
It does not apply (for reward bookings at least) if the 3rd person is a child under 12.
Mine would be 3 adults (>18). So this OOP cost applies for award bookings, or is it a YMMV situation?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by ecatalina
Mine would be 3 adults (>18). So this OOP cost applies for award bookings, or is it a YMMV situation?
They don't allow a rollaway in the base award rooms, so you would likely have to pay an upcharge to get a deluxe room, then another upcharge for the rollaway + extra person.

I'd reach out to the property directly anyways; PH Tokyo let me put 3 adults in the base room on account that there'd likely be an upgraded room able to hold 3 adults for a Globalist.
Old May 7, 2023, 5:12 pm

Happy to report a fantastic stay after staying here as an adult for the first time. Did a Prive rate for stay 4 pay 3 for ~$220 a night ($300 with an extra person and rollaway added). The base room as noted above does not allow for a rollaway but they permitted me to add one to my confirmed Prive upgrade to a Deluxe Twin. 13,000 yen property credit, taxi ride to and from Kyoto station, and 20% spa discount were some of the benefits I used.

Service levels here mirror PH Tokyo and FS Otemachi which was a pleasant surprise. From helping my elderly mother find compression bandages for her joints to running a full block after a taxi after I failed to flag it, the front desk and concierge staff are very professional and kind. Breakfast is as good as ever and the Japanese set is very good. First time seeing aburaage in a while! Also gave me an extra round of drinks at Touzan on the house. They have reinstated the maiko performance from years past on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday nights but I was not able to make it.

Was told hotel was sold out the week after Golden Week which was a little odd so didn’t get anything above the Deluxe Twin, on the first floor across from the restaurants. Floor to ceiling windows were lovely though and still plenty of space. Absolutely would come back.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
They have reinstated the maiko performance from years past on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday nights but I was not able to make it..
What kind of performance do they host? Are these complimentary or paid? We are staying at HR Kyoto in early June, and were looking at booking a Geisha/Maiko performance through mai-ko.com, but if they have these right at the hotel, that would be great!
Old May 8, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
What kind of performance do they host? Are these complimentary or paid? We are staying at HR Kyoto in early June, and were looking at booking a Geisha/Maiko performance through mai-ko.com, but if they have these right at the hotel, that would be great!
When we stayed at the HR Kyoto in 2018, the maiko performance was complimentary and it lasted about 15-20 minutes, right in the hotel. It was quite lovely and the young maiko was very nice and she showed a lot of skills. We ended up taking pictures with her afterwards also, very memorable.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
When we stayed at the HR Kyoto in 2018, the maiko performance was complimentary and it lasted about 15-20 minutes, right in the hotel. It was quite lovely and the young maiko was very nice and she showed a lot of skills. We ended up taking pictures with her afterwards also, very memorable.
That’s pretty much how it was explained to me. Half hour performance followed by sparkling wine reception (remember googling it, is a $20-30 brut champagne). Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I’ll upload a pic of the current offering sheet shortly.
sch_flyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2023, 9:38 am

That’s pretty much how it was explained to me. Half hour performance followed by sparkling wine reception (remember googling it, is a $20-30 brut champagne). Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I’ll upload a pic of the current offering sheet shortly.
Last month they had sparkling wine and orange juice available from a few minutes before the performance, which was two songs and lasted about ten minutes. There was plenty of time for pictures afterward and then the maiko would visit the hotel restaurants and bar to chat with guests and take pictures.
Old May 12, 2023, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Looks like the small Red Cross hospital next to the hotel is being torn down and replaced by a small (53 room) hotel. Could be something fancy, but my guess it's going to be a DDD Hotel: https://dddhotel.jp/en/

Old May 12, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
Looks like the small Red Cross hospital next to the hotel is being torn down and replaced by a small (53 room) hotel. Could be something fancy, but my guess it's going to be a DDD Hotel: https://dddhotel.jp/en/

Sorry to nitpick, but the Red Cross building was not a hospital but an operations center for blood donation collection.

Not that I doubt you, but just curious as to how you deduced that it might be a DDD hotel, The info on the sign is pretty skimpy; even the construction company is TBD and they won't start construction for almost 2 years.

Last edited by OsakaWino; May 12, 2023 at 8:03 am
Old May 12, 2023, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Sorry to nitpick, but the Red Cross building was not a hospital but an operations center for blood donation collection.

Not that I doubt you, but just curious as to how you deduced that it might be a DDD hotel, The info on the sign is pretty skimpy; even the construction company is TBD and they won't start construction for almost 2 years.
You are correct. I misread that last T as a D. The architects are a company called d/dt, (www.d-dt.co.jp), but there is no indication as to what the hotel will be.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:21 am

Do you happen to have the current offering sheet?
Old May 16, 2023, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by jfga2014
Do you happen to have the current offering sheet?

Current offering sheet as of May 2023 (the maiko performance is the most notable thing)

The Hyatt Prive welcome letter and benefits. I didn’t have to pay for an extra breakfast for my 3rd person, not sure if that’s a Globalist or Prive thing (PHT charged for a 3rd person). Also got some strawberries, sake, and a box of KI NO BI gin chocolates from their patisserie as a Prive welcome gift.

Globalists get 1 free drink per person per day. They let me pick the (2500)? yen Bellavista pour at Trattoria Sette for my drink and would recommend.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K

Current offering sheet as of May 2023 (the maiko performance is the most notable thing)

The Hyatt Prive welcome letter and benefits. I didn’t have to pay for an extra breakfast for my 3rd person, not sure if that’s a Globalist or Prive thing (PHT charged for a 3rd person). Also got some strawberries, sake, and a box of KI NO BI gin chocolates from their patisserie as a Prive welcome gift.

Globalists get 1 free drink per person per day. They let me pick the (2500)? yen Bellavista pour at Trattoria Sette for my drink and would recommend.
Thanks, I arrive tomorrow for the weekend. I wish I had prive for this but the points bookings were hard to ignore.
Old May 17, 2023, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by SawBo
Thanks, I arrive tomorrow for the weekend. I wish I had prive for this but the points bookings were hard to ignore.
Enjoy your stay. Prive had a buy 3 get 4 nights promo which ended up slightly cheaper than my corporate rate. 13,000 yen at Trattoria Sette went a long way.

BTW: Touzan is closed for maintenance so Japanese breakfast is served at cafe 33 and was told to get buffet menu items while waiting ~10 mins or so for it. Tastes damn good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.