Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Pickles
The rooms are nice, especially the 5th floor ones, which are in the near-amazing category. The breakfast spread, the concierge, and the service. Could be a PH anywhere else outside of Asia. Probably the nicest HR I've ever stayed in.
What's the breakfast spread like? Details?

Is there a lounge? Is there an evening food spread?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
The rooms are nice, especially the 5th floor ones, which are in the near-amazing category. The breakfast spread, the concierge, and the service. Could be a PH anywhere else outside of Asia. Probably the nicest HR I've ever stayed in.
Agree! Have never stayed at the HP Kyoto but cannot imagine it coming anywhere close to the HR, even if the HP is newer.

The HR Kyoto is indeed a very nice hotel that I would go back anytime.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by lsquare
What's the breakfast spread like? Details?

Is there a lounge? Is there an evening food spread?
No lounge, but to your credit, it's probably the first time this question has been asked in this thread. As for the breakfast spread, LMGTFY: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...&bih=619&dpr=1
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lounge, but to your credit, it's probably the first time this question has been asked in this thread. As for the breakfast spread, LMGTFY: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...&bih=619&dpr=1
I'm looking for something more recent.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Subtle, but it’s a lost cause, plus anything more than 1 week is not considered recent for some folks…
For what it’s worth the photos from that link reflect what breakfast looked like when I stayed. Granted it was October 2022 last time it was there. Here are some photos from table service items from that stay.

Japanese breakfast

Açaí bowl and soy latte

Scrambled eggs and ham(?)
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
For what it’s worth the photos from that link reflect what breakfast looked like when I stayed. Granted it was October 2022 last time it was there. Here are some photos from table service items from that stay.

Japanese breakfast

Açaí bowl and soy latte

Scrambled eggs and ham(?)
That looks really good. I don't think its worth double the price for my dates though.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:12 pm

If you’re booking on points I’d consider the Category 5 HR worth the extra points compared to the Category 3 HP, especially if you’re a Globalist and get the complimentary drinks in the evening (1 per guest per night, including cocktails at the nice bar). But of course it really depends on what you’re wanting to do since proximity to attractions is paramount in Kyoto.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you’re booking on points I’d consider the Category 5 HR worth the extra points compared to the Category 3 HP, especially if you’re a Globalist and get the complimentary drinks in the evening (1 per guest per night, including cocktails at the nice bar). But of course it really depends on what you’re wanting to do since proximity to attractions is paramount in Kyoto.
I've been to Kyoto a few times in my life so the tourist attractions aren't that important to me. It's more about shopping and dining from now on.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:23 pm

I've been to Kyoto a few times in my life so the tourist attractions aren't that important to me. It's more about shopping and dining from now on.
Still, proximity to shopping and dining are important. My next trip to Kyoto I’ll probably stay a few nights at the HR for a few places on that side of the river and then a few nights at the HP for other places on my list near there. But the HR for the nice relaxing garden view and nice amenities will factor into the night split.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Their complimentary Glob upgrades can be quite nice as well. Lightyears ahead of any room at the HP.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Their complimentary Glob upgrades can be quite nice as well. Lightyears ahead of any room at the HP.
Don't get me wrong. I agree that if the price difference is small then go with the HR. When the price difference is like double, it only makes sense to go with the HP and use the money saved at a good restaurant.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Don't get me wrong. I agree that if the price difference is small then go with the HR. When the price difference is like double, it only makes sense to go with the HP and use the money saved at a good restaurant.
I mean… the HP goes for like $200 max, if that? I would pay $300 - $400 for a definite superior experience at the HR. Prive usually has a bunch of pay 3 stay 4 options as well. I very much liked looking at the zen gardens from the window.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 10:21 pm

is the HR still worth it over HP as explorist?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mpliang
is the HR still worth it over HP as explorist?
Depends how much the HP.is charging vs this hotel.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends how much the HP.is charging vs this hotel.
9k vs 17k pts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.