Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
I didn’t have to pay for an extra breakfast for my 3rd person, not sure if that’s a Globalist or Prive thing (PHT charged for a 3rd person).
3 adults in the room at PHT? Realize the Globalist breakfast benefit is registered guests (2 adults/2 children) but still surprised they'd make you pay.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by rm76
3 adults in the room at PHT? Realize the Globalist breakfast benefit is registered guests (2 adults/2 children) but still surprised they'd make you pay.
Yes for 3 adults, it was explicitly mentioned to me by the front desk officer even before asking about the Globalist benefits. I was surprised by this as the HR Kyoto waved me away when I asked about breakfast for 3 saying not to worry about it.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:36 pm

Yes for 3 adults, it was explicitly mentioned to me by the front desk officer even before asking about the Globalist benefits. I was surprised by this as the HR Kyoto waved me away when I asked about breakfast for 3 saying not to worry about it.
were you also on prive at PHT?
Old May 17, 2023, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
were you also on prive at PHT?
Nope, corporate rate. Don’t think that would’ve made a difference - HR Kyoto is just generous I think.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:03 pm

Nope, corporate rate. Don’t think that would’ve made a difference - HR Kyoto is just generous I think.
Technically prive gets you breakfast for two adults and globalist gets you breakfast for two adults. So if one was on prive at PHT, I would hope 3 (registered) adults will get breakfast.

So HR Kyoto is either generous or going by your benefits of rate and globalists or both.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Just checked in, sort of.

Room not ready as of 230pm, sounds like high occupancy which has been the theme of this trip so far so no upgrade again.

Hopefully the standard room is nice

Wifi about 10x faster the HP Kyoto in the lobby, had about 35 mbps at HP.

Old May 17, 2023, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SawBo
Just checked in, sort of.

Room not ready as of 230pm, sounds like high occupancy which has been the theme of this trip so far so no upgrade again.

Hopefully the standard room is nice

Wifi about 10x faster the HP Kyoto in the lobby, had about 35 mbps at HP.

The standard room is small but livable.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
The Hyatt Prive welcome letter and benefits. I didn’t have to pay for an extra breakfast for my 3rd person, not sure if that’s a Globalist or Prive thing (PHT charged for a 3rd person). Also got some strawberries, sake, and a box of KI NO BI gin chocolates from their patisserie as a Prive welcome gift.

Globalists get 1 free drink per person per day. They let me pick the (2500)? yen Bellavista pour at Trattoria Sette for my drink and would recommend.
You definitely struck gold here, I got a standard room as a globalist and a whole lotta nothing, no letter, no strawberry, not even water. I should have done the prive rate back at Japan's opening.

Live and learn, time to enjoy this area.

Last edited by SawBo; May 18, 2023 at 12:37 am
Old May 18, 2023, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by SawBo
You definitely struck gold here, I got a standard room as a globalist and a whole lotta nothing, no letter, no strawberry, not even water. I should have done the prive rate back at Japan's opening.

Live and learn, time to enjoy this area.
Confirmable upgrades have been the move since Asia’s reopening to the world in general, hotel was definitely crowded during my stay.

It’s still nice and breakfast / service is great. Check out Sanjusangendo if you haven’t (I think you get 2 free tix?) and Shimizu-Ippoen nearby had a fantastic matcha shaved ice dessert (the one on the sign near the door). A top 5 matcha dessert I’ve had in Kyoto alongside Gion Tokuya.
Old May 18, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Check out Sanjusangendo if you haven’t (I think you get 2 free tix?).
The 2 free tickets are normally a perk for Prive (and some other plans).
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I really have a soft spot for this hotel. Their concierge is pretty strong (especially for a Hyatt that's two or three grades below the top Park Hyatt rank), and they always treat me very well. When they can't give me an upgrade they'll say so explicitly. Was there recently during a weekend, using points. Got upgraded to one of the nice balcony rooms on the 5th floor, and when I asked for 4 PM checkout they said they couldn't do it in the room I was given but they would move my stuff to a regular room at noon on checkout day, and I could stay there until 4 PM. Nice proactive work on their part.

Their breakfast croissants are some of the best out there, and the sunny side-up eggs are always perfectly cooked. Can't complain.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I would have to agree that the HR Kyoto delivers excellent services, and their concierge team would rival their counterpart at the PH! They have been invaluable to us, even advising us on how to best book the Bullet Train back to Tokyo!

The complimentary Champagne or whatever drinks, and the fantastic breakfast spread are nice benefits! My wife and I are regular visitors to our 3rd “home” of Paris and again she would agree that their croissants and baguettes are the best! As good as anything that we had in France
Old May 25, 2023, 2:13 pm

Was talking with P2 about how we wanted to come back and just remembered a breakfast detail: they gave out a “premium” juice in a champagne glass specifically cited for Globalists (it was pretty good, some kind of cucumber / pineapple / orange mix). The Globalist a-la-carte menu at Cafe 33 is also specifically cited as unlimited while I was told Prive gets one entree and access to the buffet. We were also told buffet access was A-OK even while getting the Japanese breakfast (which was awesome, had grilled nodoguro)!

Not an aspirational property by any means but absolutely love the hotel and one of the few ones I want to come back.
beachfan and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
To amplify the allocades re: service and the concierge.

I was thinking they could buy tickets to Osaka for me on line. They bought tickets and also changed them for me.

Turns out because they didn’t have a way of paying for it online (didn’t want to bother me for my cc perhaps), they biked down to the station.

And then they did it again so I could take a later train!
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Do they treat Guest of Honor same as Globlist? I know some hotels do not even though they should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.