Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I think they treat GOH like a non-status guest. I rather stay at the Hyatt Place at 1/5 the cost.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 2:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Busy season

A quick note for those interested in the maiko show - it's currently only scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday nights, there is no show on Saturdays at least for now - they said maiko is too busy on weekends. As others have mentioned, it's a dance lasting two songs, then picture time. Free-flowing sparkling wine is available before, during and for a few minutes following the performance.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do Hyatt elite members still receive half-off in the bar during happy hour?
Also, does anyone know if this was the former residence of Emperor Goshirakawa?
Does this hotel use the standard Pharmacopia toiletries?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do Hyatt elite members still receive half-off in the bar during happy hour?
Also, does anyone know if this was the former residence of Emperor Goshirakawa?
The garden was part of the former residence but this is not a historic property/restoration.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Yes, standard Pharmacopia stuff in rooms and suites. Supplied in overabundance - I think we had 3-4 sets in the room.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Yes, standard Pharmacopia stuff in rooms and suites. Supplied in overabundance - I think we had 3-4 sets in the room.
Which rooms have the Japanese organic skincare brand that is seen in some of the Tripadvisor photos? Is it suites only?

Is there still half-off at the bar during happy hour for Hyatt elites?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
It was one free drink in March.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Which rooms have the Japanese organic skincare brand that is seen in some of the Tripadvisor photos? Is it suites only?

Is there still half-off at the bar during happy hour for Hyatt elites?
Suites also have Pharmacopia now. I believe HR Tokyo still has Ren amenities in suites.

No, Globalists get 1 drink per person covered per night. Welcome drink counts as your drink for your arrival day.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:08 pm

Any compelling reason to choose the Regency over the Hyatt Place Kyoto as a Globalist? HR seems to be dated and in a far worse location. Seems that the concierge is the most obvious difference.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Morkai
Any compelling reason to choose the Regency over the Hyatt Place Kyoto as a Globalist? HR seems to be dated and in a far worse location. Seems that the concierge is the most obvious difference.
It's also a lot more expensive! Why would any Globalists pick the HR over the HP in Kyoto?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:19 pm

I found the location of the HR not an issue for me personally, especially as it has some great sights very close by. Kyoto is honestly an issue of "what sights do you want to see near X" rather than "X spot is good and Y spot is not." There are awesome things to see everywhere so it all depends. Personally I think all 3 Hyatt locations have + and - but I don't really find location a deciding factor for any of them. I have always found the service at the HR very good and certainly leagues better than the joke of the HP. The breakfast is very good at the HR and the HP breakfast is...fine (although the yogurts they serve with fruit on top....oh man....literally ate 7-10 each morning when I was there). Overall, unless there is a MAJOR price disparity, and since the PH has appeared, the HR has had to get more realistic about the prices it was charging, I would pick the HR.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
I found the location of the HR not an issue for me personally, especially as it has some great sights very close by. Kyoto is honestly an issue of "what sights do you want to see near X" rather than "X spot is good and Y spot is not." There are awesome things to see everywhere so it all depends. Personally I think all 3 Hyatt locations have + and - but I don't really find location a deciding factor for any of them. I have always found the service at the HR very good and certainly leagues better than the joke of the HP. The breakfast is very good at the HR and the HP breakfast is...fine (although the yogurts they serve with fruit on top....oh man....literally ate 7-10 each morning when I was there). Overall, unless there is a MAJOR price disparity, and since the PH has appeared, the HR has had to get more realistic about the prices it was charging, I would pick the HR.
For my dates, the HR is significantly more expensive than the HP.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The HR is not a "price no object" hotel, and it does have a limit. But I think it's a very fine hotel for a Hyatt Regency. Never stayed at the HP, but it doesn't look that compelling. Of course, if we're talking the HP at JPY 20,000 and the HR at JPY 50,000, then it's HP, no question. But JPY 20,000 vs. JPY 30,000, much tougher call for me.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
The HR is not a "price no object" hotel, and it does have a limit. But I think it's a very fine hotel for a Hyatt Regency. Never stayed at the HP, but it doesn't look that compelling. Of course, if we're talking the HP at JPY 20,000 and the HR at JPY 50,000, then it's HP, no question. But JPY 20,000 vs. JPY 30,000, much tougher call for me.
What makes it a fine HR?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by lsquare
What makes it a fine HR?
The rooms are nice, especially the 5th floor ones, which are in the near-amazing category. The breakfast spread, the concierge, and the service. Could be a PH anywhere else outside of Asia. Probably the nicest HR I've ever stayed in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.