Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
Upstairs? There is an upstairs at the Grill? I know there is a terrace, behind the kitchen (never used it, though), but did not know there was an upstairs. Or is "upstairs" the lobby level and "downstairs" the Touzan?
I'm sure the "upstairs" here is simply in reference to Touzan "downstairs". Although for those who do not have breakfast included it is also possible to go really upstairs to Sette for a late breakfast, such as selecting some bread or pasty from the shop and then ordering coffee at a table, but beware that if you get a cappuccino that way there are no free refills.

I can't Imagine any situation in which they would charge anyone having the full buffet breakfast (either paid or comped) for coffee/latte, etc. Although they do if your breakfast is not comped and you order a la carte. They will also prepare you a coffee/latte, etc. to take away.

When we would have the Japanese breakfast (comped as Dia/Glob) downstairs at Touzan we always went to the Grille afterwards for lattes and were always told to help ourselves to juice and fruit from the buffet, but it has been a while since we stayed and that may have changed.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
When we would have the Japanese breakfast (comped as Dia/Glob) downstairs at Touzan we always went to the Grille afterwards for lattes and were always told to help ourselves to juice and fruit from the buffet, but it has been a while since we stayed and that may have changed.
We were told that the juice and water on the buffet line were included in the Japanese set - that's how ridiculous it was, that they felt the need to explicitly mention that we would not be charged for self-service water in a jug sitting on the buffet. We explicitly asked about the fruit and pastries (thinking that maybe a continental breakfast was included with the Japanese set and only the hot items were excluded) and were expressly told those were not included.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:52 am

For clarification on my previous post - I mean to say that Touzan is the "downstairs" and "upstairs" is the main floor with respect to Touzan.

Originally Posted by gengar
We were told that the juice and water on the buffet line were included in the Japanese set - that's how ridiculous it was, that they felt the need to explicitly mention that we would not be charged for self-service water in a jug sitting on the buffet. We explicitly asked about the fruit and pastries (thinking that maybe a continental breakfast was included with the Japanese set and only the hot items were excluded) and were expressly told those were not included.
Unfortunate to hear about the changes/charges for beverages.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm reading here the remarks that the deluxe twin or king maxes out at 3. We will have our 2 kids with us and the booking engine on Hyatt does spit this out as an option when I enter both kids. Suggests there is a sofabed in the room. We are booking 2 rooms everywhere else, but I was hoping that for just 2 nights, we could save a little money. Thoughts?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm reading here the remarks that the deluxe twin or king maxes out at 3. We will have our 2 kids with us and the booking engine on Hyatt does spit this out as an option when I enter both kids. Suggests there is a sofabed in the room. We are booking 2 rooms everywhere else, but I was hoping that for just 2 nights, we could save a little money. Thoughts?
We’re here now w two kids and we’re in one room - how old are the kids?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TimesTwo

We’re here now w two kids and we’re in one room - how old are the kids?
10, 16. I entered their ages correctly on the website and it came back with that deluxe room as an option. If it has a sofa bed, that would be fine. If not, then we’d need two rooms and would need to stay elsewhere more economical like the new SLH there.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:04 am

10, 16. I entered their ages correctly on the website and it came back with that deluxe room as an option. If it has a sofa bed, that would be fine. If not, then we’d need two rooms and would need to stay elsewhere more economical like the new SLH there.
Ah, I see. Ours are a bit younger so we’re ok in two twins. I suspect the deluxe can fit a rollaway since the description of the twin room clearly says one cannot fit in that room (and there is no such language on the description for deluxe afaik). Likely best to email the property to be sure. I emailed them when I booked and they were prompt in answering and very helpful. I think I got the address up thread but if you need it, I’ll dig around for it.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo

Ah, I see. Ours are a bit younger so we’re ok in two twins. I suspect the deluxe can fit a rollaway since the description of the twin room clearly says one cannot fit in that room (and there is no such language on the description for deluxe afaik). Likely best to email the property to be sure. I emailed them when I booked and they were prompt in answering and very helpful. I think I got the address up thread but if you need it, I’ll dig around for it.
Yeah. I’ll email them to ask. Thanks for the reply. Are you in a deluxe? If so, is there a sofa bed?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:33 pm

Yeah. I’ll email them to ask. Thanks for the reply. Are you in a deluxe? If so, is there a sofa bed?
We are not. We booked a standard room w points and never got around to emailing to confirm a paid upgrade. We asked at check-in and the price was pretty reasonable (6000 yen per night, about 7000 after taxes) but it was only available for the last couple of nights. We decided we didn’t want to switch rooms bc we’ve been out all day every day. The room is small but surprisingly manageable. The bathroom is a good size and the only real issue is space for bags but we’re making it work.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
Lightning review: Hotel was pleasant for a quick stay. Pass on breakfast -- go to one of the local coffee shops up the street like Icihikawaya Coffee (5-10min walk?) and enjoy the Kyoto coffee scene. The concierge was abysmal -- and we tried three or four different times to get advice on order of things to go see, or managing around weather, with no luck.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mzrn
Lightning review: Hotel was pleasant for a quick stay. Pass on breakfast -- go to one of the local coffee shops up the street like Icihikawaya Coffee (5-10min walk?) and enjoy the Kyoto coffee scene. The concierge was abysmal -- and we tried three or four different times to get advice on order of things to go see, or managing around weather, with no luck.
Concierge has been decent enough for us. Maybe some staff left for PH since our last visit.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mzrn
I recommend using Andrew at the concierge. He’s been around a while and does a great job. Outside of him it’s been hit or miss.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Am I reading the Hyatt website correctly in that there are no "Standard Suites" at this property? https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...to/kyoto/rooms
  • Kyoto Suite King: "This is a premium suite."
  • Kyoto Suite Twin: "This is a premium suite."
  • Regency Suite Twin: "This is a premium suite."
  • Regency Executive Suite King: "This is a premium suite."
  • Regency Executive Suite Twin: "This is a premium suite."
Are there any rooms that a Globalist suite upgrade award can be used on?

Last edited by jmgriffin; Oct 27, 2019 at 3:28 pm Reason: edit
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:21 pm

The terms exclude this hotel.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I’m thinking of staying in Osaka and coming here for the day. Any privileges for Hyatt guests from a sister property like storing luggage for the day or even help from their concierge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.