Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
When I check out via the app, my resort fees are already waived. I do not have to get anyone to intervene in taking them off. I'm Gold.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
When I check out via the app, my resort fees are already waived. I do not have to get anyone to intervene in taking them off. I'm Gold.
Did you do mobile or in person check in ?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Did you do mobile or in person check in ?
Mobile
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at Park MGM a couple weeks ago and booked Saturday night on a Free night cert through Hyatt and then 5 nights through Mlife--2 comped and 3 cheap. Checked in via the app and went straight to the room with no issue. I went down Sunday morning to check out and check back in. Everything was fine and they said I could stay in the same room.

For Monday/Tuesday night I was double booked as I got free nights at Cosmo, so we took our stuff there on Monday. I tried to charge breakfast back to the Park MGM room on Tuesday morning and I was told that they had checked us out. I went to the front desk and it just so happened that the girl who helped us on Sunday morning was there again. At first, they were telling me that I didn't check in on Sunday morning, so they checked me out--meanwhile I slept in the room on Sunday night!! It seems like someone ignored the linked reservation and checked us out. I am thankful we didn't have anything in the room.

They gave us $100 room credit for the trouble and all of my nights did post correctly to Hyatt. It was a nuisance, but all worked out in the end!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:53 pm

Sent email for Excalibur stay not posting at 30 days. Been 16 days since email sent still not even a reply. At 17 days post mgm hotel stay, no credit yet, will probably email tomorrow since it'll be about 60 days by the time they reply to it.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
"Stayed" Excalibur last week mon-thu $25 a night, Checked in at VIP check in just for the hell of it (instead of far right or normal check on VIP area) checked out on app. Nights posted to Hyatt couple days later on Sunday. Also no double nights for Hyatt Business card but double points from the promotion.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will Hyatt retroactively match these for status challenges? E.g. need 10 more nights for Glob by Nov 20. What if I already completed the nights in the duration but they don't post until December?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Will Hyatt retroactively match these for status challenges? E.g. need 10 more nights for Glob by Nov 20. What if I already completed the nights in the duration but they don't post until December?
Yes. It’s sometimes automatic sometimes manually done, but as long as the stays were completed during the correct time frame they count.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:21 pm

Have an upcoming mgm reservation where all nights are comped. Anyone know if they have had success in these counting as hyatt stays/nights?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jehova
Have an upcoming mgm reservation where all nights are comped. Anyone know if they have had success in these counting as hyatt stays/nights?
It’s always uncertain.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jehova
Can you add a cheap night on the end of your stay? It might be worth it to add a paid night if it will give you Hyatt credit for all the nights. I have never had luck having 100% comped nights credited, but add in one paid night and you get credit for all nights.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
1) Property
- Mandalay Bay / Excalibur

2) Length of stay
- Mandalay 2 Nights / Excalibur 4 Nights. Mandalay was from last Sunday 10/9 to Tuesday 10/11. Excalibur was from Tuesday 10/11 to yesterday 10/15.

3) What Room Charges earned WOH credit- Didn't charge anything except for the actual stay.

4) What day of the week the stay posted and how long it was after checkout
- Today, points for the Mandalay stay has posted along with my Explorist 20% bonus. However neither the Bonus Journeys promo nor the MGM 2x 3rd Quarter promo has posted. Also the stay itself has not posted which is weird.
-The Excalibur stay has yet to post any points or elite nights. Assuming it will hit next Sunday.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gochoo
1) Property
- Mandalay Bay / Excalibur

2) Length of stay
- Mandalay 2 Nights / Excalibur 4 Nights. Mandalay was from last Sunday 10/9 to Tuesday 10/11. Excalibur was from Tuesday 10/11 to yesterday 10/15.

3) What Room Charges earned WOH credit- Didn't charge anything except for the actual stay.

4) What day of the week the stay posted and how long it was after checkout
- Today, points for the Mandalay stay has posted along with my Explorist 20% bonus. However neither the Bonus Journeys promo nor the MGM 2x 3rd Quarter promo has posted. Also the stay itself has not posted which is weird.
-The Excalibur stay has yet to post any points or elite nights. Assuming it will hit next Sunday.
Ghost or normal mattress?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:48 pm

Is [email protected] still the only email?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants
You won't get any EQN for fully comp'd stays. Points for spend, yes -- but no nights.

If you have mixed paid/comp, and it automatically posts, then you will likely get EQNs for all nights -- paid and comped.

If a mixed stay doesn't auto post, and you have to chase up with MGM member services -- you'll almost certainly just get EQNs for only the paid nights. I have several dozen data points over the past few years attesting to this system behavior.
What if all the room fare is comped but you are still paying resort fee + tax? E.g. MGM Sapphire gets a comp room at Excal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.