Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
What if all the room fare is comped but you are still paying resort fee + tax? E.g. MGM Sapphire gets a comp room at Excal.
Nope (in my experience). Need at least one paid night.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dpb132
Nope (in my experience). Need at least one paid night.
Dang, care to share some dps?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Without exception I have received stay credit for the full length of all combined paid-and-comped night reservations, and zero stay credit for solely comped reservations. This is true over probably half a dozen stays or more at properties including Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Nomad, and Bellagio.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:32 pm

That's the one. My last email got answered in 18 days. Stay posted 2 days after. Status quo for me.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Ghost or normal mattress?
Not a run.

Both reservations I booked via Concur through work.

Both reservations I checked in via the app.

Both reservations I stopped by the front desk to add Hyatt # at some point after already checking in.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I mean 9/10 times when you see full comp at Excalibur you’ll see a base room at Luxor for $9-$15 a night. I’d highly recommend paying that rate instead of trying to do full comp and get credit, as I’m sure 99% of others here would recommend.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by antonius66
That's the one. My last email got answered in 18 days. Stay posted 2 days after. Status quo for me.
Few questions
1. Did it post for pure ghosts for you?
2. Were your stays ROOM FARE comped for the entire duration (not even one night paid)?
3. Were your stays ROOM FARE AND RESORT FEE comped (MGM Gold+)?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by dpb132
Without exception I have received stay credit for the full length of all combined paid-and-comped night reservations, and zero stay credit for solely comped reservations. This is true over probably half a dozen stays or more at properties including Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Nomad, and Bellagio.
@Matt4200

Yea I am inclined to believe that now. It's been two weeks since my 4 night Excal ghost with 4 night comp but resort fee still had to pay and it hasn't posted yet. I thought that since I'm paying resort fee it might change something. Mixed is definitely the way to go.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:57 am

@Matt4200

Yea I am inclined to believe that now. It's been two weeks since my 4 night Excal ghost with 4 night comp but resort fee still had to pay and it hasn't posted yet. I thought that since I'm paying resort fee it might change something. Mixed is definitely the way to go.
Idk if it was you but someone else posted about not getting Base Points for the Resort Fees paid at the Mirage. Which I’m inclined to believe is counted separately at MGM. Meaning if one stays a comped stay and only pays the resort fees it’s still $0 folio on what’s sent to Hyatt, Hyatt basically just reads that as paying taxes which do not earn anything. Which would further mean that it’s basically the same as fully comped.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Idk if it was you but someone else posted about not getting Base Points for the Resort Fees paid at the Mirage. Which I’m inclined to believe is counted separately at MGM. Meaning if one stays a comped stay and only pays the resort fees it’s still $0 folio on what’s sent to Hyatt, Hyatt basically just reads that as paying taxes which do not earn anything. Which would further mean that it’s basically the same as fully comped.
That was me and I should correct what I said earlier. It was a 3 comp 1 pay stay but resort fees on all 4 nights. Then because of play, resort fee waived on 3 nights. That's why the points seemed low.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:18 am

That was me and I should correct what I said earlier. It was a 3 comp 1 pay stay but resort fees on all 4 nights. Then because of play, resort fee waived on 3 nights. That's why the points seemed low.
Personally, I’d stick to low priced stays you can definitely find them $20 or less per night with or without offers.

I wouldn’t recommend doing as many as you are, meaning doing a huge cluster like 4 nights per week for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks in a row of ghost stays at that may come back to haunt you. The other guy you were commenting with (cutthroat) seemed like he spaced out his ghost stays by 1-2 months each which is smart. I know it seems like a race, but it’s a marathon, don’t do so much as to arise suspicion.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:21 am

Personally, I’d stick to low priced stays you can definitely find them $20 or less per night with or without offers.

I wouldn’t recommend doing as many as you are, meaning doing a huge cluster like 4 nights per week for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks in a row of ghost stays at that may come back to haunt you. The other guy you were commenting with (cutthroat) seemed like he spaced out his ghost stays by 1-2 months each which is smart. I know it seems like a race, but it’s a marathon, don’t do so much as to arise suspicion.
I have a corp challenge to finish by end of Nov, need 10 more nights (6 more if my 4 excal posts). In a bit of a rush.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:27 am

I have a corp challenge to finish by end of Nov, need 10 more nights (6 more if my 4 excal posts). In a bit of a rush.
End of Nov is still 40 days away (+ or - a couple days). I just wouldn’t exacerbate MGM with so many ghost stays in such a short period.

Do - 4 Nights with MGM in late Oct then 2 nights at a cheap HH/HP near you then schedule the last 4 nights to end a day or two prior to your due date so to speak.

Wouldn’t hold my breath on getting those 4 nights credited. If they do great and you’ll probably get an extra Milestone award, if they don’t it was a learning experience.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:32 am

End of Nov is still 40 days away (+ or - a couple days). I just wouldn’t exacerbate MGM with so many ghost stays in such a short period.

Do - 4 Nights with MGM in late Oct then 2 nights at a cheap HH/HP near you then schedule the last 4 nights to end a day or two prior to your due date so to speak.

Wouldn’t hold my breath on getting those 4 nights credited. If they do great and you’ll probably get an extra Milestone award, if they don’t it was a learning experience.
Isn't that setup for the last 4 days to end a day or two prior cutting it really close? Are you suggesting last 4 at MGM or HP? What if it doesn't post until after the challenge deadline/doesn't post at all?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:38 am

Isn't that setup for the last 4 days to end a day or two prior cutting it really close? Are you suggesting last 4 at MGM or HP? What if it doesn't post until after the challenge deadline/doesn't post at all?
Not really. Many people will stay 7-10 nights at the end of December to earn Globalist even if that stay doesn’t post until January the status is granted because the stay dates are within the correct parameters.

I mean you could do 4 end of Oct with MGM, 4 mid November with MGM (at least 2 weeks between) and 2 with HH/HP at the very end. Whatever works, I just wouldn’t hit MGM so hard and fast with ghosts. Especially when you have some not crediting.

Since you still are paying resort fees it may be better to find just a HP with a cheap extended stay rate. I see them regularly $60, but it depends on your area search around and see what works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.