Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by exmike
two stays recently

3 nights at NYNY, two comped, posted following sunday (mobile check in/out)
How do you add your WoH # to a mobile check in/out stay? Was the resort fee erased automatically?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by lautaro
How do you add your WoH # to a mobile check in/out stay? Was the resort fee erased automatically?
After my first stay at a mgm hotel after the partnership my Hyatt# has never fallen off. I check every time and its always there. No resort fee and didnt need to ask.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Of 6 requests for credit I've made this year, only 1 had been processed by Hyatt. All have been acknowledged by MGM. A couple have been submitted multiple times. I only have one successful, so this datapoint might not be worth much, but I made a request for credit on June 5th, received and acknowledgment on June 11 and noticed the credit had posted on June 22.

Any ideas for troubleshooting / escalation? I noticed that the email signatures of memberservices have changed from the person previously handling them. I am a Globalist.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by graytidy
Of 6 requests for credit I've made this year, only 1 had been processed by Hyatt. All have been acknowledged by MGM. A couple have been submitted multiple times. I only have one successful, so this datapoint might not be worth much, but I made a request for credit on June 5th, received and acknowledgment on June 11 and noticed the credit had posted on June 22.

Any ideas for troubleshooting / escalation? I noticed that the email signatures of memberservices have changed from the person previously handling them. I am a Globalist.
Just get your concierge to handle it for you. Or the twitter team if you don't like your concierge.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:20 am

Don't email Hyatt. You email MGM member services directly with the relevant info... loyalty numbers on both sides, days, confirmation number etc and request they resubmit for Hyatt credit as you haven't received (must be 30 days from check out). Hyatt will only email mgm which just takes longer. Then wait, as mgm is taking about 3 weeks these days to even answer. Haven't had a single mgm stay auto credit in 2 years and every single one has been credited as i described, just takes about 2 months total.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Don't email Hyatt. You email MGM member services directly with the relevant info... loyalty numbers on both sides, days, confirmation number etc and request they resubmit for Hyatt credit as you haven't received (must be 30 days from check out). Hyatt will only email mgm which just takes longer. Then wait, as mgm is taking about 3 weeks these days to even answer. Haven't had a single mgm stay auto credit in 2 years and every single one has been credited as i described, just takes about 2 months total.
Have you got credit for fully comped stays using this process or just ones where you had paid nights mixed in?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by bbbb
Have you got credit for fully comped stays using this process or just ones where you had paid nights mixed in?
You won't get any EQN for fully comp'd stays. Points for spend, yes -- but no nights.

If you have mixed paid/comp, and it automatically posts, then you will likely get EQNs for all nights -- paid and comped.

If a mixed stay doesn't auto post, and you have to chase up with MGM member services -- you'll almost certainly just get EQNs for only the paid nights. I have several dozen data points over the past few years attesting to this system behavior.
bbbb likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Just get your concierge to handle it for you. Or the twitter team if you don't like your concierge.
I'm globalist from a challenge last year, as far as I know I don't have a concierge yet.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Thanks, that is the process I'm using. I'm seeing about 50% auto credit, if you are seeing 0% make sure your Hyatt number is hard linked to your MGM number. One way to do this is to run the status match screen (try both directions). It will fail (assuming you already have correct status on both sides) but the process hard links it in your MGM account.

I have some stays from Feb which I have already run the gauntlet with twice which still have not credited.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:23 pm

Yeah it has been linked in there since shortly after day 1, and I used to get auto credits about 80% of them time a few years ago and for about the last 2 years, I have gotten 1 out of like 10.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:33 am

Here's a new record, requested missed credit July 10, acknowledged July 14, posted July 21.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by graytidy
Here's a new record, requested missed credit July 10, acknowledged July 14, posted July 21.
who do you email?
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

This thread is for posting Data Points of stays at MGM Resorts properties in Las Vegas.

Post the following information to share -

1) Property

2) Length of stay

3) What Room Charges earned WOH credit

4) What day of the week the stay posted and how long it was after checkout

As the main thread people have been posting in is for resort fee waivers for Gold level, its better to have a dedicated thread to post DPs in for the FT community.
HPN-HRL likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; Aug 28, 2022 at 2:31 pm
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at Excalibur for 2 Nights checked out this past Tuesday and the stay credited to my WOH account today on Sunday, we had no room charges.

Seems based on other data points from the MGM Gold Resorts fee waiver thread that stays are now posting at least 5 days out and on Sundays. This seems to match my experience.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:18 pm

Sundays around noon PST. Empirically that's when I've seen things posting. I had two rooms at Park MGM -- one 3-night stay checked out last Sun, and one 8-night stay this past Thurs. They both posted today a a few hours ago.

I think if you don't see things posting by the Sunday ~7-10 days after you check out you'll have to wait until the 30-day mark to request retroactive credit.

Curiously - got the 2x MGM points on the shorter stay but not on the longer stay. But the shorter stay also had the most $$ spend so according to the official program terms -- where "only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer" they arbitrarily chose the one that provided me the most point -- which feels reasonable.

Overall, just generally happy that I don't have to follow up with MGM to chase up the points.

Last edited by AllThePants; Aug 28, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.