Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by saecotech
Absolutely not. You have to add it at check-in for you to get Hyatt credit
So are you saying that even though I am still here and haven’t checked out I’m SOL?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
No you can still add it in. Just go to the front desk and ask. Any competent agent can add it into the system
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
You cannot ghost a 8 night MR at an MGM property, by the way. The hotel will check your room after three nights and check you out manually if they do not see activity.
That’s what I thought but people in the MGM Gold Waived Resorts Fee thread have said they’ve done it post COVID. So I’m not really sure.

Maybe if you physically check in? Or….thoughts?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
That’s what I thought but people in the MGM Gold Waived Resorts Fee thread have said they’ve done it post COVID. So I’m not really sure.

Maybe if you physically check in? Or….thoughts?
I would never actually physically check in. Always check in on the app and mark the "House Keeping Exception"
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:02 pm

I would never actually physically check in. Always check in on the app and mark the "House Keeping Exception"
But you just said you can’t ghost an 8 night stay. That’s exactly what you’re saying you’d do here in this post…
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
You cannot ghost a 8 night MR at an MGM property, by the way. The hotel will check your room after three nights and check you out manually if they do not see activity.
I just stayed at the mirage for 5 nights, and I had the black sign hanged by the door, the sign that decline housekeeping, they really didn't come in and check my room (if they did they would clean and make up my bed right ?)

I had previously stayed 5 nights at Excalibur and Luxor respectively, once I hanged the black sign, I really do not see any evidence they had entered my room.

Absolutely not. You have to add it at check-in for you to get Hyatt credit
Why not ? That is a completely false statement. You can certainly add it in anytime before you checked out. I had times forgot to check with front desk to make sure it is in the system or not when I checked in, then I went back to the front desk later to check again, it wasn't so I ask them to put it in, points are posted to Hyatt perfectly fine.
EqualOpp likes this.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 31, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
My Hyatt number wasn’t on my reservation when I checked in but I added it two days later in my stay. Should that work or is it likely I’ll need to fight Hyatt for the points?
How do you even know your Hyatt number wasn't in the reservation when you checked in ? You didn't link your Hyatt and MGM account ? There is no way to know or see anywhere unless you physically check-in and ask, if so why didn't you add it at the time ?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I just stayed at the mirage for 5 nights, and I had the black sign hanged by the door, the sign that decline housekeeping, they really didn't come in and check my room (if they did they would clean and make up my bed right ?)

I had previously stayed 5 nights at Excalibur and Luxor respectively, once I hanged the black sign, I really do not see any evidence they had entered my room.
My understanding is this -

At the 3 or 4 day mark even with the sign they will enter the room and look around, if they see no weapons or dead bodies they will leave without cleaning it per your request via the sign on the door. That is my understanding based on what the front desk and a maid have told me is their policy due to the 2018 shooting at Mandalay Bay.

So you wouldn’t see signs they came in, such as room cleaning as you requested no room cleaning.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
My understanding is this -

At the 3 or 4 day mark even with the sign they will enter the room and look around, if they see no weapons or dead bodies they will leave without cleaning it per your request via the sign on the door. That is my understanding based on what the front desk and a maid have told me is their policy due to the 2018 shooting at Mandalay Bay.

So you wouldn’t see signs they came in, such as room cleaning as you requested no room cleaning.
So with that said, anyone can physically check in, mess up the bed and bathroom, hang the black sign then leave, and mobile check out on the last day, so that they wouldn't suspect any inactivity right ?

I mean I haven't done it myself ghosted for the entire stay, usually I would still stay for 1 or 2 nights then mobile check out

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 31, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:39 pm

So with that said, anyone can physically check in, mess up the bed and bathroom, hang the black sign then leave, and mobile check out on the last day, so that they wouldn't suspect any inactivity right ?

I mean I haven't done it myself ghosted for the entire stay, usually I would still stay for 1 or 2 nights then mobile check out
I would assume that’s possible yes. I don’t think the hotels would mind you’re booking their publicly available rate and paying it the same as any other guest.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
How do you even know your Hyatt number wasn't in the reservation when you checked in ? You didn't link your Hyatt and MGM account ? There is no way to know or see anywhere unless you physically check-in and ask, if so why didn't you add it at the time ?
My account is not tied together as far as I know as this is my first time staying at an MGM property trying to credit to Hyatt points. I went back the next day to ask them and then they said they didn't see it so I added it then.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Just completed a stay at Bellagio, noticed that the resort fee was not automatically credited, any luck emailing accounting at MGM to get this credited?

The number on back of folio does not work!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by navatwal
Just completed a stay at Bellagio, noticed that the resort fee was not automatically credited, any luck emailing accounting at MGM to get this credited?

The number on back of folio does not work!
Did you book directly through Mlife or Bellagio? Only waived if you book direct.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: DL PM etc
I stayed at Bellagio a few weeks ago. I checked in on the MGM app then went down to the front desk a few hours later to make sure my Hyatt number was attached. The desk agent said that my Hyatt number already was attached to the reservation and there was nothing for her to do. This was probably my third or fourth MGM stay this year, all booked direct via MGM. Everything from the stay posted fine to Hyatt. I probably wouldn't rely on it automatically happening in the future though.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mrcool1122
I stayed at Bellagio a few weeks ago. I checked in on the MGM app then went down to the front desk a few hours later to make sure my Hyatt number was attached. The desk agent said that my Hyatt number already was attached to the reservation and there was nothing for her to do. This was probably my third or fourth MGM stay this year, all booked direct via MGM. Everything from the stay posted fine to Hyatt. I probably wouldn't rely on it automatically happening in the future though.
Hah - to me it feels like the mere act of checking on whether your Hyatt number is attached makes it attached. Until then it's in a weird quantum state.

The several times I've had my stays not auto-post -- have been using app for check-in & check-out, picking up keys at the iPad kiosk, and not talking to a front desk agent at any time during my stay. :/
EqualOpp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.