Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AllThePants
Sundays around noon PST. Empirically that's when I've seen things posting. I had two rooms at Park MGM -- one 3-night stay checked out last Sun, and one 8-night stay this past Thurs. They both posted today a a few hours ago.

I think if you don't see things posting by the Sunday ~7-10 days after you check out you'll have to wait until the 30-day mark to request retroactive credit.

Curiously - got the 2x MGM points on the shorter stay but not on the longer stay. But the shorter stay also had the most $$ spend so according to the official program terms -- where "only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer" they arbitrarily chose the one that provided me the most point -- which feels reasonable.

Overall, just generally happy that I don't have to follow up with MGM to chase up the points.
Was the 8 night stay a MR?? I’m wondering why one would do 8 nights at Park MGM, though you could just like that property, there is Eataly. I’ve usually seen better rates at MGM Grand than Park MGM for a mid-tier stay.

Yeah, it seems lately the data suggests Sundays for posting, though some have said they haven’t received credit after a week or so, those situations aren’t easy to deal with at all.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:00 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Was the 8 night stay a MR?? I’m wondering why one would do 8 nights at Park MGM, though you could just like that property, there is Eataly. I’ve usually seen better rates at MGM Grand than Park MGM for a mid-tier stay.

Yeah, it seems lately the data suggests Sundays for posting, though some have said they haven’t received credit after a week or so, those situations aren’t easy to deal with at all.
Not explicitly a MR per se -- but we could've checked out of the property a lot earlier, but for various reasons didn't .

Additionally we were catching a concert at the adjacent theater, and definitely traveling with a large mixed crowd so the casual everybody-fend-for-themselves vibe of Eataly actually came in very handy. It's basically a high end food court.

I have a lot of data points --- and generally look for my EQNs to post by Sunday midday after checkout. If they don't, then I cross my fingers and wait until the following Sunday.

But if they don't post by then, then I'm pretty much resigned to waiting another few weeks to chase them up at the 30-day mark.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 4:37 pm

My stays at Excalibur and Luxor have been posting on Sunday, 2 days after a Friday checkout.
I charge everything to the room and get Hyatt points for it, though I don't think any double points have posted from the current promotion.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Park MGM, 7/7, one night

Never posted. Chatted with Hyatt 5 days later who submitted a ticket and said it could take up to 30 days. I knew this was going to be a long haul.

Chatted again 30 days after the stay. Agent said that it had to be 30 days after submitting the missing stay request. Awesome. So I waited about 6 more days, almost 40 days after the stay, and then they manually credited the points and stay.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
My stays at Excalibur and Luxor have been posting on Sunday, 2 days after a Friday checkout.
I charge everything to the room and get Hyatt points for it, though I don't think any double points have posted from the current promotion.
I received the double points from the 10/15 expiring promo, make sure you registered.

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Park MGM, 7/7, one night

Never posted. Chatted with Hyatt 5 days later who submitted a ticket and said it could take up to 30 days. I knew this was going to be a long haul.

Chatted again 30 days after the stay. Agent said that it had to be 30 days after submitting the missing stay request. Awesome. So I waited about 6 more days, almost 40 days after the stay, and then they manually credited the points and stay.
Hmm…did you make sure your WOH number was added at check in? I know that’s a big factor.

These are definitely the data points that help.
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Park MGM, 7/7, one night

same here. Stayed at Aria and as I was checking out, the desk agent said I may want to reach out to the globalist line to "start the process" since he knew it took a while. I got the same Hyatt response of 30 days. Its like day 28 and still nothing.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

3) What Room Charges earned WOH credit.
Anything charged to the room earn WOH points, I can't think of anything dont
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

Seems based on other data points from the MGM Gold Resorts fee waiver thread that stays are now posting at least 5 days out and on Sundays. This seems to match my experience.
If you check out on Friday you will still get posted by Sunday, so it is not really at least 5 days out
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If you check out on Friday you will still get posted by Sunday, so it is not really at least 5 days out
Sometimes. I've definitely had a Friday checkout that posted on Sunday two days later, but have also had plenty that didn't post until the following week. I'm guessing there are a few steps that gate the process -- likely someone in the back office, a human, has to "close out" the stay, and then some sort of batch computer process has to run to pick up cleared transactions to push across. I also think the processes run at different times for different properties. So depending on when these run or how much of a backlog there is, or how the windows overlap -- you can easily miss the tight 48-hour turnaround Fri->Sun
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Another DP: did two separate one-day ghost stays (mobile check in and check out) a few months ago. One posted on Hyatt after the following Sunday no questions asked, the other has yet to be posted and no word from MGM support email after a few weeks so far.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Another DP: did two separate one-day ghost stays (mobile check in and check out) a few months ago. One posted on Hyatt after the following Sunday no questions asked, the other has yet to be posted and no word from MGM support email after a few weeks so far.
Both at the same hotel and was the resort fee charged?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Yes, both Excalibur. Resort fee charged both times (was told I had to go to front desk o get it waived)
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
You cannot ghost a 8 night MR at an MGM property, by the way. The hotel will check your room after three nights and check you out manually if they do not see activity.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
My Hyatt number wasn’t on my reservation when I checked in but I added it two days later in my stay. Should that work or is it likely I’ll need to fight Hyatt for the points?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
My Hyatt number wasn’t on my reservation when I checked in but I added it two days later in my stay. Should that work or is it likely I’ll need to fight Hyatt for the points?
Absolutely not. You have to add it at check-in for you to get Hyatt credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.