Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SawBo
Anyone stay in Mid October that has their stays input yet?

I'm waiting on 8 nights + double night promos
I've been waiting since the first week of October and nothing. Will contact MGM now.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by RustyHippo
I've been waiting since the first week of October and nothing. Will contact MGM now.
Just an FYI, I had my stay from 10/31-1103 post on my Hyatt, but my stays from 10/14-10/15 and 10/17-10/20 still are unposted which is pretty strange.

Emailing MGM as well.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
I just had a 4-night stay at Park MGM. Booked directly with MGM. I did mobile checkin, and added my WOH number to the reservation after the second day. My points and nights posted about 4 days after checking out.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Updating, my 10/17-10/20 stay is now posted to my Hyatt as of today, 1 month exact after my stay.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:02 pm

If I book direct with MGM, do I still earn Hyatt points/elite nights?

MGM is changing their reward program, so I am thinking about doing mattress run at low-cost MGM property to accumulate hyatt elite nights because booking direct with MGM will waive resort fee if I am hyatt globalist (meaning MGM Gold member).

So I just wanna check if Hyatt will count MGM stay for elite nights if I book direct with MGM?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, direct booked stays at MGM properties count towards elite nights; just make sure they have your Hyatt number in the reservation at check-in.

There are some who speculate that stays credited to Hyatt will NOT qualify for the resort fee waiver. I am not in that camp, however.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
Yes, direct booked stays at MGM properties count towards elite nights; just make sure they have your Hyatt number in the reservation at check-in.

There are some who speculate that stays credited to Hyatt will NOT qualify for the resort fee waiver. I am not in that camp, however.
If I book direct with mgm, can I check in on the app? I wonder since I don’t plan on staying there, would mgm app check-in save me the hassle of waiting in line at check in counter?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
If I book direct with mgm, can I check in on the app? I wonder since I don’t plan on staying there, would mgm app check-in save me the hassle of waiting in line at check in counter?
what you are really asking is if you can just not show up and mgm app check in
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:54 pm

This has been discussed to death. While you may in certain situations get away with it, as some anecdotal reports indicate, generally speaking it is very hard to not show up and produce ID at the desk in order to fully check in. Especially after the mass shooting on October 1 in Las Vegas, hotels have gotten much more strict about things like checking ID, room checks for housekeeping, etc. Some people have reported they have gotten away with checking in online and not showing ID, but I would not count on it frankly. My last MGM stay I checked in online and it explicitly told me to go by the desk and show my ID to complete check in.
Sweetvibes likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
what you are really asking is if you can just not show up and mgm app check in
yes, that's another way of putting it. haha.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:36 pm

I recommend checking in and checking out of the MGM Rewards property in person and confirm that your World of Hyatt membership number is attached to the reservation. I've received credit for the stay 100% of the time when I do the double check (and a much lower % when I didn't do the double check).
Sweetvibes likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer;[url=tel:33882612
33882612[/url]]I recommend checking in and checking out of the MGM Rewards property in person and confirm that your World of Hyatt membership number is attached to the reservation. I've received credit for the stay 100% of the time when I do the double check (and a much lower % when I didn't do the double check).
How do you attach your WoH membership to the reservation? Just tell them your WoH membership number at check in? Anyway to do it permanently?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doppy

I’ve been directly told by multiple front desk agents on multiple stays that you cannot receive both MLife Benefits and Hyatt Credit and that both loyalties cannot be attached to the reservation. Tried at Delano, MGM Grand and Mirage all 3 were a hard NO.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’ve been directly told by multiple front desk agents on multiple stays that you cannot receive both MLife Benefits and Hyatt Credit and that both loyalties cannot be attached to the reservation. Tried at Delano, MGM Grand and Mirage all 3 were a hard NO.
I just stayed this last month at the Delano with a discounted mlife rate. And even got double nights credit to help get me to globalist with the promo hyatt was running last fall. I think there is some back room linking of your mlife to hyatt so you don't have to have both on the reservation to get credit to both. Now i did get my current mlife status by matching from hyatt.
renila likes this.

Last edited by HeStoleMyLogin; Jan 8, 2022 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Unless this is a new policy, this isn't true. I've been able to get both many times (as recently as June, 2021). The way I do it is book directly through M life. Then when I check in (and check out) make sure my Hyatt number is attached to the reservation.

It doesn't, however, work the other way -- If you stay at a Hyatt property, my understanding is that you must choose either M life credit OR World of Hyatt.
Sweetvibes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.