Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Request Missing Nights/Points for MGM Stay

I recently completed a weeklong stay at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. Before check-in I created an MGM account, and linked it to my reservation. Then at check-in, I gave the agent my Hyatt account number and she confirmed she was able to add it to the reservation. It's been 4 days since check-out, so I'm wondering if the points/nights will show up in my Hyatt account... do I have any recourse if they don't post?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:44 pm

Can take up to 1 month. Just wait.
shand32783 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:07 am

Sometimes it takes a while. I'd give it a few more days. I think a lot of the hotels run their batch processes on Sat/Sun, so hold out until then.

Then you can email MGM member services with your info -- at which point they still won't do anything for you, but will at least confirm whether or not your Hyatt number was properly tied to your reservation. Then at day 30 post checkout -- if it still hasn't posted, you can email MGM again and they will submit a retroactive credit request for you. The credit will hit a few days after that -- MGM is diligent about following up on that.

Historically, I've found that I usually get my stays in 5-7 days if things are working properly. If not, then settle in for a long waiting game. It's quite the PITA. You'll eventually get your credit, but they won't do anything for you until the 30 days is up.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
do I have any recourse if they don't post?
It took about 10 days to post my previous stay. You can email to the address below but they usually tell you to wait for a month.

[email protected]
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just adding a data point for you.

I stayed at an MGM property with a check out date of Feb 28, 2021. I didn't receive night credit until March 7th.
I'm still waiting on the bonus nights to post, so expect to wait a bit longer.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:02 pm

Agreed with just being patient. My Super bowl stay at NYNY didn't post for almost 3 weeks.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
It's been 4 days since check-out
Like the rest of the responders, I recommend being patient. Rarely have I had MGM stay credits post in fewer than 7 days.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
They've now shown up 8 days after my check-out date, thanks for the advice to be patient! Alllllmost a Globalist for the first time in my life...
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Hi guys, correct me if I post at wrong thread,

I just got updates on my hyatt account, all reservations last month at NoMAD, Delano, Aria, booked thru LHRC are not counted as qualifying nights on my Hyatt account. I got sorts of points but no qualifying nights. I emailed MGM customer service and they said I booked thru third party so I would not earn any qualifying nights. Is there anyway to fix it or how should I reply? Thanks. It was all good last year. did they change codes or something?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kingscross
Hi guys, correct me if I post at wrong thread,

I just got updates on my hyatt account, all reservations last month at NoMAD, Delano, Aria, booked thru LHRC are not counted as qualifying nights on my Hyatt account. I got sorts of points but no qualifying nights. I emailed MGM customer service and they said I booked thru third party so I would not earn any qualifying nights. Is there anyway to fix it or how should I reply? Thanks. It was all good last year. did they change codes or something?
In a similar situation myself from last month. Mine were booked through Virtuoso, which I thought was treated like Amex FHR (non prepaid) in that they would earn qualifying nights. Is that incorrect?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by TravelingChef
In a similar situation myself from last month. Mine were booked through Virtuoso, which I thought was treated like Amex FHR (non prepaid) in that they would earn qualifying nights. Is that incorrect?
In April I had a NoMad stay through FHR (non prepaid... I called in and booked it via phone specifically to try and get credit) where I got zero night credit. I moved to Delano through Virtuoso after checking out of NoMad and also zero night credit from that.

It seems that MGM does not want to give night credits unless stays are booked "truly" direct.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Shall we contact hyatt or mgm to push a little further or just leave it? I don't want them to feel I am too greedy. It is already a great deal and 60 Nts is reachable without those QNs.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I booked the Mandalay on Hyatt.com and a week later no credit. I thought it would credit faster by booking on hyatt.com versus with MGM.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by mag_nate
In April I had a NoMad stay through FHR (non prepaid... I called in and booked it via phone specifically to try and get credit) where I got zero night credit. I moved to Delano through Virtuoso after checking out of NoMad and also zero night credit from that.

It seems that MGM does not want to give night credits unless stays are booked "truly" direct.
4 FHR stays in NOMAD in May and and September, got credit for all 4
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Anyone stay in Mid October that has their stays input yet?

I'm waiting on 8 nights + double night promos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.