Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Resorts Stays (Posting Data Points) - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Russelljohnson
All paid nights for me this year. 36/36 automatic posting. got 11 more nights remaining to hit globalist for 2023
3 nights paid, 2 Free Night Award using Cat 1-4 certs; no comps.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Russelljohnson
All of them. Not a big travel year for me this year but hoping to realize more next year. Calculated I need to stay around 13 nights in 2023 to breakeven on the MR cost for 2022 ($1150).
47 Nights with only $1,150 cost? That’s absolutely insane, but if you live close it makes it easier to net those.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
47 Nights with only $1,150 cost? That’s absolutely insane, but if you live close it makes it easier to net those.
Once in awhile you'll find 25-35% discounted rates. American express offers $80 statement credit when spending $400 so that helps too.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I did 1 night at Delano and 4 nights at Bellagio booked through Hyatt app and they didn't post yet 2 weeks later. Asked my concerige and he said up to 30 days so hopefully they do credit before New Years as I did these 5 stays to keep my Globalist 60.

Anyway now I got the MGM Gold match actually working whilst I was there, but they didn't comp the existing resort fees which I guess was fair. But I am planning to go again next week and will now book through the MGM app so I can get the resorts fee waived and then I believe my Hyatt nights will still post and credit from there.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I did 1 night at Delano and 4 nights at Bellagio booked through Hyatt app and they didn't post yet 2 weeks later. Asked my concerige and he said up to 30 days so hopefully they do credit before New Years as I did these 5 stays to keep my Globalist 60.

Anyway now I got the MGM Gold match actually working whilst I was there, but they didn't comp the existing resort fees which I guess was fair. But I am planning to go again next week and will now book through the MGM app so I can get the resorts fee waived and then I believe my Hyatt nights will still post and credit from there.
You can always ask at Checkout worst they can say is no.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just thought I would add my last 3 stay posting times/process, although this has been covered well already.

1. Checked in on the app and went straight to the room. DO NOT DO THIS! Checked out on 8/1 and had to get points manually added via my concierge. Process took almost 2 months and only paid nights counted.

2. Checked in at front desk. Surprisingly offered an upgrade (first one ever in LV). Checked out on a Monday (right before Thanksgiving) and points auto posted that following Sunday. All nights counted.

3. Checked in at front desk. Checked out this Thursday and points just posted today (Sunday). Pushed me over LT Glob and all nights counted.

The big lesson for me is to only check in at the front desk. If you have MGM Gold or higher, the priority line makes this not much worse than checking in on the app.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
4 nights paid at Excalibur - checked out Friday morning, stay posted this morning (Sunday)

Free night with Hyatt points at Mandalay, checked out Saturday morning - did not post yet. Side note - front desk did remove resort fee based on Gold status even though stay was clearly not booked thru MGM
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by ronbo83
Pushed me over LT Glob and all nights counted.
Wow, congrats!! Lifetime achievement!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:58 am

Stayed 3 nights (Sunday - Wednesday 27-30) @ Excalibur. Stay posted this morning.
However, my Excalibur stay 11/20 - 11/23 didn't hasn't posted yet...

The credit has been so random, its like some days will post right away and others will not and I have to send an email to request credit...
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Originally Posted by Drew523
Stayed 3 nights (Sunday - Wednesday 27-30) @ Excalibur. Stay posted this morning.
However, my Excalibur stay 11/20 - 11/23 didn't hasn't posted yet...

The credit has been so random, its like some days will post right away and others will not and I have to send an email to request credit...
my escalibur stay 11/20-24 has not yet posted yet either. I’m hoping it has something to do with the holiday. I reached out via twitter to Hyatt and they told me to wait until 14 days to request missing credit for MGM stays. On Thursday I will email MHC to ask them to submit a missing stay request. As a data point I used digital check in which previous poster has said is less likely to get credit.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:00 am

Does anyone know if comped MGM nights count towards your Hyatt night stays?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by christianm49
Does anyone know if comped MGM nights count towards your Hyatt night stays?
It depends on a few factors. If you have paid nights along with comp nights on a single reservation and check in at the front desk, it has always posted for me. If it is fully comped or you check in on the app, I have not received credit for comp nights.
AllThePants likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Russelljohnson iscor3 MechMachine dpb132 rcch0 LineByLine icehocey77

Saw your recent DPs. Did any of you guys at all have even one comped night? If so, what was the ratio of paid : comped nights?
all paid
lowkeyflyer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:46 pm

Points posted but not qualifying nights

I booked a 5 night paid stay (~ $1000 total ) through work for Excalibur. Confirmed at front desk that my Hyatt number was on it. Points posted within 4 days but 0 qualifying nights. contacted Hyatt and they said they’ll send the request to MGM but it can take 14 days.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to proceed?

Last edited by mibraheem; Dec 13, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
4 nights paid at Excalibur - checked out Friday morning, stay posted this morning (Sunday)

Free night with Hyatt points at Mandalay, checked out Saturday morning - did not post yet. Side note - front desk did remove resort fee based on Gold status even though stay was clearly not booked thru MGM
Free night booked with Hyatt points posted either late Sunday or early Monday (saw it there this morning but didn't see it early on Sunday)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.