Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Amen to that. When I think of dining in Paris, the words "Hyatt lounge" do not enter the picture.
Originally Posted by sapguy
Amen to that too! Right across the street is Le Ballon des Ternes and catty corner on Avenue de la Grande Armee is Le Congres, and both of these neighborhood restaurants/bistros (which even offer a prix-fixe tourist menu complete with wines included) are 100 times better than the “Hyatt lounge” food!

But some people want to save money, don’t forget that
Our late friend dctorres used to swear by a pizzeria about a block away and for the life of me, I can't recall the name of it.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Our late friend dctorres used to swear by a pizzeria about a block away and for the life of me, I can't recall the name of it.
There is also Kifune on Rue Saint-Ferdinand, an excellent Japanese restaurant with reasonable prices barely 5 minutes' walk away (I eat there quite regularly). WHY even bother with "Hyatt lounge" food???

For me, the Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile is good for breakfast, and an occasional glass of "cheap" wines with some saucissons as el cheapo aperitifs and appetizers before a really nice dinner in Paris
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
In the olden days there was always a decent bottle of Champagne open.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
In the olden days there was always a decent bottle of Champagne open.
I miss those days with real Champagne (I remember something like Veuve Clicquot) and macarons in the old Lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
I miss those days with real Champagne (I remember something like Veuve Clicquot) and macarons in the old Lounge.
I remember the Veuve Clicquot days very fondly! These days, it’s a Cremant de Bourgogne or Cremant de Loire, which are actually not too bad!

The lounge at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile remains a solid option for breakfast (with a view), and a so-so “happy hours” aperitifs option which while it costs nothing, you get second rate wines and food.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I remember the Veuve Clicquot days very fondly! These days, it’s a Cremant de Bourgogne or Cremant de Loire, which are actually not too bad!

The lounge at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile remains a solid option for breakfast (with a view), and a so-so “happy hours” aperitifs option which while it costs nothing, you get second rate wines and food.
I ate at the restaurant last year as a Globalist. I hope nothing changes. The spread is bigger at the restaurant.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I ate at the restaurant last year as a Globalist. I hope nothing changes. The spread is bigger at the restaurant.
FWIW when i was in residence in April, the spread was almost similar lounge to the restaurant on the ground floor, sans the eggs service with is only available at the restaurant.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We ate in the restaurant that served as the lounge during the remodel in 2017. Was decent, but a few nights, it was like a pack of wolves when they brought food refills out. I thought the breakfast was pretty good.

We liked the steak and frittes restaurant around the corner from the hotel. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable.

lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lowjhg
FWIW when i was in residence in April, the spread was almost similar lounge to the restaurant on the ground floor, sans the eggs service with is only available at the restaurant.
I only went up to the lounge for a quick look during breakfast. Off the top of my head, I think the restaurant had two different kinds of salmon.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
We ate in the restaurant that served as the lounge during the remodel in 2017. Was decent, but a few nights, it was like a pack of wolves when they brought food refills out. I thought the breakfast was pretty good.

We liked the steak and frittes restaurant around the corner from the hotel. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable.

Le Relais de lEntrecote.
Very famous for its « secret » sauce and very good quality/quantity for value.
Only minuses are no choice (menu is salad followed by 2 services of steak and fries and that’s it) and not possible to book so be ready to wait (up to 1h at peak times) queuing in the street.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Le Relais de lEntrecote.
Very famous for its « secret » sauce and very good quality/quantity for value.
Only minuses are no choice (menu is salad followed by 2 services of steak and fries and that’s it) and not possible to book so be ready to wait (up to 1h at peak times) queuing in the street.
The location near the Hyatt is actually Le Relais de Venise, not directly associated with the three locations of Le Relais de l’Entrecôte scattered around the city.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bmrisko
The location near the Hyatt is actually Le Relais de Venise, not directly associated with the three locations of Le Relais de l’Entrecôte scattered around the city.
They are all owned by siblings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Entrecôte
Old Jul 19, 2023, 9:51 am

I’ve eaten at the Relais de Venise, and here is my opinion:
  1. The food is average, but not bad! The frites are better than the steak
  2. The line is always long, so clearly people like what they have to offer
There are so many other excellent dining options within 5 to 10 minutes’ walk of the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, and I had previously mentioned 3 of them:
  1. The Ballon des Ternes on Avenue des Ternes, literally across the street
  2. Le Congres on Avenue de la Grande Armee, less than 5 minutes away
  3. Kifune (Japanese) on Rue Saint-Ferdinand, about 7 minutes’ walk
These restaurants all serve excellent neighborhood/bistro food with a decent wine list, which makes eating the food in the afternoon spread at the HR Regency Paris Etoile almost unnecessary!
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
They are all owned by siblings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Entrecôte
I know, I live here...just saying it is not the same as the other three. Similar concept, but there are differences.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:05 pm

I’ve eaten at the Relais de Venise, and here is my opinion:
  1. The food is average, but not bad! The frites are better than the steak
  2. The line is always long, so clearly people like what they have to offer
There are so many other excellent dining options within 5 to 10 minutes’ walk of the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile, and I had previously mentioned 3 of them:
  1. The Ballon des Ternes on Avenue des Ternes, literally across the street
  2. Le Congres on Avenue de la Grande Armee, less than 5 minutes away
  3. Kifune (Japanese) on Rue Saint-Ferdinand, about 7 minutes’ walk
These restaurants all serve excellent neighborhood/bistro food with a decent wine list, which makes eating the food in the afternoon spread at the HR Regency Paris Etoile almost unnecessary!
This is my 'hood and you've only scratched the surface. There are hundreds of incredible restaurants, all within 10 minutes. Not even sure where to begin, just depends what someone is looking for. I will say, sometimes my wife and I occasionally hit Windo for the view, even if drinks are pricey by Paris standards. Also, Le Relais de Venise is always a hit with out of town guests, but we don't typically eat there otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.