Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
There are connecting rooms but they usually are part of the suite upgrade. The connecting room has a Murphy bed and desk.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nikehair
Bit of a random question. Currently have two standard twin rooks booked, one with points and one with cash.

I was told there are no connecting rooms other than the family rooms. Has anyone had success converting two rooms into a family room?

Additionally, as an Explorist, is a club lounge upgrade in the realm of passibility?

I do see Club lounge rooms available for an additional 6k per night, but I don’t think I’ll be using the lounge very day.
This hotel has Family room, which is 2 adjoining rooms, 1 with K bed, the other has 2 single beds. Regency Suite is essentially the same 2 rooms, except the 2nd room is a couch that's a Murphy bed. Regency Suite comes with Regency Club access. Check the rates for those options compared to 2 rooms. Club room are standard rooms with access to RC.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
This hotel has Family room, which is 2 adjoining rooms, 1 with K bed, the other has 2 single beds. Regency Suite is essentially the same 2 rooms, except the 2nd room is a couch that's a Murphy bed. Regency Suite comes with Regency Club access. Check the rates for those options compared to 2 rooms. Club room are standard rooms with access to RC.
Great info thanks. The Regency Suite is only available our first two nights. Maybe I should snag those for now. I think it's the best option. I doubt they'll take my two separate room bookings and convert to a suite or family room at check=in.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by tobikosan
I'm there early march with a 15 year old son and my wife. I am told they strictly enforce it. My guy is 6'10" so sneaking him in is highly unlikely :-) . I kept checking back and yesterday found Premium suite for 24K a night that allowed 3, would like to add a night but the suite avalaible that night is the one you mentioned and clearly says max 2 adults. If you had a son I'd say let's let them split a room and I could go back to not searching every day :_). Good Luck
u

in the same boat. Seems odd that a larger suite would have a stricter occupancy limit. I emailed the hotel directly let’s see what they say.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stvr
I’ve never seen a standard room here. Period. Not sure why they get away with it.
Agreed. It's so obvious they're doing it. They have 7 King Bed room types...all are the same size! It's clear they created these so they wouldn't be in the standard room category. Closer to the date I'm convinced they change them from deluxe or high floor to regular to at least fill the room with points reservations.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Agreed. It's so obvious they're doing it. They have 7 King Bed room types...all are the same size! It's clear they created these so they wouldn't be in the standard room category. Closer to the date I'm convinced they change them from deluxe or high floor to regular to at least fill the room with points reservations.

I was able to book a standard king for 12k a night for 4 nights this month, and I saw the same room available for days...gone now though.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just completed a two night stay. As others have stated, this place is a great deal at under 300€ per night, particularly as a Globalist.

A little disappointed with room assignment - I'd booked a Deluxe King High Floor w/Eiffel Tower View, and was assigned a room on 26th floor which did not have a straight on view of the Eiffel Tower - it was pretty far off to the left. Would think a Globalist could at least get a decent room in the booked category.

Other than that though the stay was excellent. Agent who checked us in (Ycham) was fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Proactively given 4 pm checkout and he advised us to go to the restaurant for breakfast if the lounge was crowded. We tried both. They were both crowded, but there was wider variety of food in the restaurant and the croissants were noticeably better as well. Poor behavior was particularly prevalent in the lounge.

The room was small and it was a challenge finding places to put all our stuff. Definitely more suitable for a single traveler with a roller than two people with full size bags. Bed was a bit hard for me. But at the price, no real complaints about the room, which was nice and quiet.

Location is actually not bad. Very convenient to Bois de Boulogne. We had a great dinner at L'Huitrier, about a 10 minute walk away. Advantage of being right next to the Peripherique is that it's a super quick trip from the airport (traffic permitting) - we made it in from CDG in well under 25 minutes, which I think is my all time record.

Overall, a pleasant stay and certainly an excellent value.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just completed a two night stay. As others have stated, this place is a great deal at under 300€ per night, particularly as a Globalist.

A little disappointed with room assignment - I'd booked a Deluxe King High Floor w/Eiffel Tower View, and was assigned a room on 26th floor which did not have a straight on view of the Eiffel Tower - it was pretty far off to the left. Would think a Globalist could at least get a decent room in the booked category.

Other than that though the stay was excellent. Agent who checked us in (Ycham) was fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Proactively given 4 pm checkout and he advised us to go to the restaurant for breakfast if the lounge was crowded. We tried both. They were both crowded, but there was wider variety of food in the restaurant and the croissants were noticeably better as well. Poor behavior was particularly prevalent in the lounge.

The room was small and it was a challenge finding places to put all our stuff. Definitely more suitable for a single traveler with a roller than two people with full size bags. Bed was a bit hard for me. But at the price, no real complaints about the room, which was nice and quiet.

Location is actually not bad. Very convenient to Bois de Boulogne. We had a great dinner at L'Huitrier, about a 10 minute walk away. Advantage of being right next to the Peripherique is that it's a super quick trip from the airport (traffic permitting) - we made it in from CDG in well under 25 minutes, which I think is my all time record.

Overall, a pleasant stay and certainly an excellent value.
Did you complain about your view? I've stayed at this hotel twice over the last two years. The very first time, they put me in a room similar to yours. I immediately went back to the lobby and requested a room with a better view. I ended up getting a room with a much better room. My stay this year had a good view by default. No complaining!
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there still construction going on around the hotel?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there still construction going on around the hotel?
Yes. Mostly to the rear of the hotel, and it's a bit of a hassle to walk to the Metro. They're nearly done though. Already finished on the far side of Blvd. Pereire, and it's really nice.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
We only got one service for steak, with unlimited fries. The fries were definitely great, along with the cute waitresses.
currently in line for this questioning my life choices as it's cold and "just" steak and fries. I looked up some of the other places and were a bit out of my price range....
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I’m booked in week after next with glob guaranteed avail and the hotel must be booked solid. It remains the most reasonably priced hotel that week and most conveniently located for what I need. Am I going to regret this decision? I’ve always had great luck before getting either suites or Eiffel Tower views.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
HRPE for Parents First Time

I’m sending my parents to Paris and it’s their first time. I’ve decided in choosing this Hotel. I know my parents can’t handle the small standard rooms, so I need to book them the Regency Suite. I have the option to either gift them a GOH award or a SUA. I’m hoping to get feedback on 2 things:

1) If they use a GOH award and book a Regency Suite (no view), how generous would the Hotel be to upgrade my parents an Eiffel Tower Suite View or even a higher premium suite?

2) I’m thinking using a SUA rather than a GOH award is more economical. If I use a GOH award, I need to book the Regency Suite anyway (more expensive). If I use a SUA, I can book the cheaper standard rooms. The Regency Suite gets you access to the lounge and breakfast at the lounge, so a GOH stay wouldn’t have much better benefits, Unless they get a better suite upgrade. Early check-in/late checkout wouldn’t be valuable them.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:50 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
I’m trying to decide which room type can best accommodate a family of two adults and one child, How big are the twin beds? Can two adults or an adult and child fit on one? Or is it better just to get the King room and share one bed?

Is the Regency Club worth the up charge?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
IMHO, the their king rooms are tiny for one person and minimal luggage. I cannot imagine putting two adults and a child in the king bedded room. You will have no room to move around. I would recommend a family room or suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.