Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bmrisko
This is my 'hood and you've only scratched the surface. There are hundreds of incredible restaurants, all within 10 minutes. Not even sure where to begin, just depends what someone is looking for. I will say, sometimes my wife and I occasionally hit Windo for the view, even if drinks are pricey by Paris standards. Also, Le Relais de Venise is always a hit with out of town guests, but we don't typically eat there otherwise.
It’s also MY ‘hood! I am planning to spend more and more time in Paris in 2024, even though Bangkok may get its share to.

I have been a “regular” at the HR Paris Etoile for the past 10 years and the staff there knows me well. I always love the fine epicerie in the shops at the Palais des Congres, et like you, I don’t eat at le Relais de Venise, preferring Joel Robuchon instead (both Etoile and Montalembert), Michel Rostang et ses filles, Alain Ducasse, Anne-Sophie and her La Dame de Pic (an easy metro hop from Porte Maillot), and my current favorite Yannick Alleno (even though he is so expensive and so hard to reserve).

Almost forgot La Scene Theleme, which is walking distance from the HR Paris Etoile!

As a Globalist, I occasionally get comp vouchers for Windo, which I always put to good use!

Last edited by sapguy; Jul 19, 2023 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by sapguy
It’s also MY ‘hood! I am planning to spend more and more time in Paris in 2024, even though Bangkok may get its share to.

I have been a “regular” at the HR Paris Etoile for the past 10 years and the staff there knows me well. I always love the fine epicerie in the shops at the Palais des Congres, et like you, I don’t eat at le Relais de Venise, preferring Joe Robuchon instead (both Etoile and Montalembert), Michel Rostang et ses filles, Alain Ducasse, Anne-Sophie and her La Dame de Pic (an easy metro hop from Porte Maillot), and my current favorite Yannick Alleno (even though he is so expensive and so hard to reserve).

Almost forgot La Scene Theleme, which is walking distance from the HR Paris Etoile!

As a Globalist, I occasionally get comp vouchers for Windo, which I always put to good use!
It would seem you have much higher expectations for restaurants than hotels.

I guess the corollary would be me saying I'm a regular at Le Relais de Venise, but I only stay at George V and the Ritz.

Oh, I almost forgot Htel Plaza Athne!
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Le Relais de lEntrecote.
Very famous for its secret sauce and very good quality/quantity for value.
Only minuses are no choice (menu is salad followed by 2 services of steak and fries and thats it) and not possible to book so be ready to wait (up to 1h at peak times) queuing in the street.
We only got one service for steak, with unlimited fries. The fries were definitely great, along with the cute waitresses.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Its also MY hood! I am planning to spend more and more time in Paris in 2024, even though Bangkok may get its share to.

I have been a regular at the HR Paris Etoile for the past 10 years and the staff there knows me well. I always love the fine epicerie in the shops at the Palais des Congres, et like you, I dont eat at le Relais de Venise, preferring Joe Robuchon instead (both Etoile and Montalembert), Michel Rostang et ses filles, Alain Ducasse, Anne-Sophie and her La Dame de Pic (an easy metro hop from Porte Maillot), and my current favorite Yannick Alleno (even though he is so expensive and so hard to reserve).

Funny you mentioned it Ill have dinner for the first time at La Scene Thlme on Saturday (even if staying at HdL this time hopefully upgraded again to a premium suite).
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
It would seem you have much higher expectations for restaurants than hotels.

I guess the corollary would be me saying I'm a regular at Le Relais de Venise, but I only stay at George V and the Ritz.

Oh, I almost forgot Htel Plaza Athne!
LOL, my dear ILuvParis, I too LUV Paris, and what I have decided is to eat REALLY well whenever I am in my 3rd hometown (after Philly and LA) while not necessarily having to overspend on hotels as the HR Regency Paris Etoile suits my needs fine (and the staff there knows me well) and I occasionally hang out at the Park Hyatt Vendome (especially whenever my wife joins me in Paris) and I also spend weekends in Versailles at the WA Trianon Palace.

I had stated in the AA RocketMiles thread that for 2023, once I have requalified for Hyatt Globalist, I will start booking luxury with the AAHotels.com site at the Four Seasons, Hotel des Collectioneurs, Peninsula, may be even the Bristol and Meurice or Plaza Athenee (why not?) if they offer me maximum Loyalty Points for my AA requalification as an Exec Platinum.

I can also stay at Marriott properties like the Prince de Galles but as a Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, its not really that necessary to get any status nights.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:17 pm

LOL, my dear ILuvParis, I too LUV Paris, and what I have decided is to eat REALLY well whenever I am in my 3rd hometown (after Philly and LA) while not necessarily having to overspend on hotels as the HR Regency Paris Etoile suits my needs fine (and the staff there knows me well) and I occasionally hang out at the Park Hyatt Vendome (especially whenever my wife joins me in Paris) and I also spend weekends in Versailles at the WA Trianon Palace.

I had stated in the AA RocketMiles thread that for 2023, once I have requalified for Hyatt Globalist, I will start booking luxury with the AAHotels.com site at the Four Seasons, Hotel des Collectioneurs, Peninsula, may be even the Bristol and Meurice or Plaza Athenee (why not?) if they offer me maximum Loyalty Points for my AA requalification as an Exec Platinum.

I can also stay at Marriott properties like the Prince de Galles but as a Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, its not really that necessary to get any status nights.
I would not recommend Hotel du Collectionneur
Old Jul 19, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'm so jealous. Neither I nor SPN Lifer will ever be able to attain it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:31 pm

I would not recommend Hotel du Collectionneur
OK, so Royal Monceau instead?

Hotel du Collectionneur is not that bad! Ive stayed there before.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I have been a regular at the HR Paris Etoile for the past 10 years and the staff there knows me well.

I have never been offered comp vouchers for Windo, and I have been staying at HR Etoile every year except 2021 starting a few years before renovations.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:50 pm

OK, so Royal Monceau instead?

Hotel du Collectionneur is not that bad! Ive stayed there before.
Its not bad but lack any charm and is holding a lot of large conferences (Im attending 2-3 every year when it becomes a real zoo with lobby, terrace and lifts completely packed and I feel ashamed for the people staying there and having to endure that). Only positive for me is being literally less than 1min walk from Parc Monceau.

All the other hotels you mentioned are a league above (including Royal Monceau which also has a very nice terrace and is only 2-3mins from Parc Monceau).
Old Jul 20, 2023, 1:49 am

Planning a stay here for our honeymoon next year. It's our first time in Europe, and the main appeal is that it seems the hotel has a decent amount of rooms with an Eiffel Tower view. Is it common to get a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower? It's on my fianc's wishlist - even if it's far away she'll just be happy to be able to see it from the room.

We're globalists, and I'll be using a TSU if availability opens up for it on our particular dates.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fusionneo
Planning a stay here for our honeymoon next year. It's our first time in Europe, and the main appeal is that it seems the hotel has a decent amount of rooms with an Eiffel Tower view. Is it common to get a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower? It's on my fianc's wishlist - even if it's far away she'll just be happy to be able to see it from the room.

We're globalists, and I'll be using a TSU if availability opens up for it on our particular dates.
I got one last year and I'm a Globalist.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:36 am

I have always got one in 10+ stays as a Globalist.
But I wouldnt waste a SUA if not travelling with child(ren). The standard suite is just 2 communicating rooms with the second one having a small sofa and foldable bed. I did it last month and didnt put a foot in the second room from the whole stay
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have always got one in 10+ stays as a Globalist.
But I wouldnt waste a SUA if not travelling with child(ren). The standard suite is just 2 communicating rooms with the second one having a small sofa and foldable bed. I did it last month and didnt put a foot in the second room from the whole stay
Reminds me of the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat; IHG Diamond Ambassador

Just checked-in today as globalist.
didn't get the room with eiffel tower view as an upgrade despite one's available on the app/website.
however the room they gave me was still very good and have a view of eiffel tower if you lean to the window.
overall this is a very nice hyatt regency though the club lounge is extremely small.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.