Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 11, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Just checked-in today as globalist.
didn't get the room with eiffel tower view as an upgrade despite one's available on the app/website.
however the room they gave me was still very good and have a view of eiffel tower if you lean to the window.
overall this is a very nice hyatt regency though the club lounge is extremely small.
Did you ask for an upgrade at check in? I'm somewhat surprised by that. We got a very nice welcome at check in and the hotel manager actually came out to greet us personally. They gave us a high floor club level room, not any bigger than any other standard room but it was a spectacular view. However, just to be sure we booked an Eiffel Tower View room at booking, because it's not that much more expensive and we didn't want to risk it. They don't have many suites so we weren't able to use a TSU here.

The club is small in the afternoons and evenings but in the morning for breakfast they open it out to the connected bar and it's quite huge then.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by synzero
Did you ask for an upgrade at check in? I'm somewhat surprised by that. We got a very nice welcome at check in and the hotel manager actually came out to greet us personally. They gave us a high floor club level room, not any bigger than any other standard room but it was a spectacular view. However, just to be sure we booked an Eiffel Tower View room at booking, because it's not that much more expensive and we didn't want to risk it. They don't have many suites so we weren't able to use a TSU here.

The club is small in the afternoons and evenings but in the morning for breakfast they open it out to the connected bar and it's quite huge then.
I did ask for a room with eiffel tower view but after a couple minutes wait, they said none available.
anyway I quite like the room i got. though it's small, it's well appointed and updated, perfectly fine for a solo traveler.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
A nice sunset over the Hyatt!

lsquare and Zorak like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
A nice sunset over the Hyatt!
Where did you take it from?

Last edited by Zorak; Aug 13, 2023 at 9:15 am Reason: removing image from quote
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Where did you take it from?
My balcony on the 6th floor of the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - but, I will be staying at the Hyatt this week and will provide a review afterwards.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
My balcony on the 6th floor of the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - but, I will be staying at the Hyatt this week and will provide a review afterwards.
Is this place any good?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is this place any good?
I'll have my review and photos on its master thread in the Marriott forum soon, but the short answer is yes.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:53 am

Some quick first impressions as I'll be here for two nights - very positive:
  • comfortable bed with plush covers
  • Great view of the Eiffel Tower as my upgrade from a base room booked on cash
  • Room is small, but seems well designed
  • Lounge actually offers real and tasty desserts for afternoon tea along with thick hot chocolate and friendly service from associates that offer to make drinks for you
  • Check in was friendly and thorough
  • Destination dispatch elevators
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I did ask for a room with eiffel tower view but after a couple minutes wait, they said none available.
anyway I quite like the room i got. though it's small, it's well appointed and updated, perfectly fine for a solo traveler.
Given how crazy travel has been recently I'm not too surprised. For Paris during peak season it's always a good idea to lock in the upgraded room at booking. You might try that in future, it's not that much more expensive than the base room and guarantees you a great view.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some quick first impressions as I'll be here for two nights - very positive:
  • comfortable bed with plush covers
  • Great view of the Eiffel Tower as my upgrade from a base room booked on cash
  • Room is small, but seems well designed
  • Lounge actually offers real and tasty desserts for afternoon tea along with thick hot chocolate and friendly service from associates that offer to make drinks for you
  • Check in was friendly and thorough
  • Destination dispatch elevators
Only problem is that if you're staying on a lower floor and want to use the lounge, you'll have to switch elevators at a certain floor. I forgot the floor number.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:04 pm

Only problem is that if you're staying on a lower floor and want to use the lounge, you'll have to switch elevators at a certain floor. I forgot the floor number.
I think it's below 25 based on the buttons in the high rise elevators.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's below 25 based on the buttons in the high rise elevators.
I can't remember, but I'll be back in Paris in a couple of weeks and coming back to this hotel. Since you're there and if you have time, maybe you can post the info. If not, I'll do this later. The elevator is only an issue when it's busy and you're staying on a higher floor. It didn't bother me that much, but it could be an issue if you're in a rush.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 16, 2023 at 12:03 am
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:54 pm

True but I wouldn’t be too concerned about that (at least if you have status and/or a returning guest). I’ve stayed at the hotel probably 20 times, always very busy if not full (had the Guar rate a few times) and always have been on a high floor. I guess they keep the lower floors for group/conference/TA bookings?

Last edited by Sophoclefr; Aug 16, 2023 at 1:04 am
Old Aug 16, 2023, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
True but I wouldnt be too concerned about that (at least if you have status and/or a returning guest). Ive stayed at the hotel probably 20 times, always very busy if not full (had the GUR rate a few times) and always have been on a high floor. I guess they keep the lower floors for group/conference/TA bookings?
I'm rarely in a rush except on the day of checking out. I do prefer higher floors because the view is better.

GUR rate?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:03 am

I'm rarely in a rush except on the day of checking out. I do prefer higher floors because the view is better.

GUR rate?
Guar sorry (and corrected)!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.