Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Does anyone have any experience with this hotel on Bastille Day? Looking at booking a room with a view for the fireworks or possible the bar package. Is anyone there right now that can confirm Regency Club will be open on Friday?

TIA!
Old Jul 15, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I forgot the time that the lounge has the evening food spread. I'll be landing in Paris at 3:35 PM. I'm assuming it'll take a bit of time to clear immigration. If I take the RER and the subway, will I take it in time to the lounge? Last summer, I really enjoyed the food in the lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I forgot the time that the lounge has the evening food spread. I'll be landing in Paris at 3:35 PM. I'm assuming it'll take a bit of time to clear immigration. If I take the RER and the subway, will I take it in time to the lounge? Last summer, I really enjoyed the food in the lounge.
IF I remember correctly, food is 6-8 PM.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
If I remember correctly, they start clearing the food at 7:30PM. You can still get yourself wines from the dispensers and all the drinks from the fridge but that’s about it. There are so many good restaurants writhin 5 to 10 minutes’ walk that I usually do not even bother with the lounge food, except for a few slices of sausage or ham to go with a glass of wine
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CIT85
Originally Posted by sapguy
If I remember correctly, they start clearing the food at 7:30PM. You can still get yourself wines from the dispensers and all the drinks from the fridge but that’s about it. There are so many good restaurants writhin 5 to 10 minutes’ walk that I usually do not even bother with the lounge food, except for a few slices of sausage or ham to go with a glass of wine
Do you guys think I'll make it by 6 PM?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
How do you shake loose standard points rooms at this property?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:25 pm

Do you guys think I'll make it by 6 PM?
A lot depends on specifics such as: do you have to clear passport control? checked luggage? Taxi or RER? weekday or week week end? If you have to go through passport control, pick up luggage and RER on a weekday, then fat chance. RER is more than an hour. But taxi during rush hour isn't going to be much faster.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A lot depends on specifics such as: do you have to clear passport control? checked luggage? Taxi or RER? weekday or week week end? If you have to go through passport control, pick up luggage and RER on a weekday, then fat chance. RER is more than an hour. But taxi during rush hour isn't going to be much faster.
Fat chance as in good? No luggage. I'll be flying in from LHR. I forgot where ill go through immigration. I’m taking the RER.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:06 am

The food and wine options are nothing inspirational. Once you get in you'd still have to battle getting up on time in the very slow lifts.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by lowjhg
The food and wine options are nothing inspirational. Once you get in you'd still have to battle getting up on time in the very slow lifts.
Yep, and then fight for a spot to sit or stand to eat & drink since Lounge becomes far smaller due to the other half being closed to become the paid sky bar area. It’s better than having no lounge at all, but I am not eating my dinner there, not when I am in Paris!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:07 am

Yep, and then fight for a spot to sit or stand to eat & drink since Lounge becomes far smaller due to the other half being closed to become the paid sky bar area. It’s better than having no lounge at all, but I am not eating my dinner there, not when I am in Paris!
One night i went up and gave up on finding a seat. Went to the bar beside and perched myself on one of the bar stools and ordered myself some truffled crostinis and a bottle of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs. Much more delactable experience.

And yes of course we are in the city of dinners. Every night was Ledoyen, Clarence and l'Arpege.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It’s better than having no lounge at all, but I am not eating my dinner there, not when I am in Paris!
Amen to that. When I think of dining in Paris, the words "Hyatt lounge" do not enter the picture.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Amen to that. When I think of dining in Paris, the words "Hyatt lounge" do not enter the picture.
Amen to that too! Right across the street is Le Ballon des Ternes and catty corner on Avenue de la Grande Armee is Le Congres, and both of these neighborhood restaurants/bistros (which even offer a prix-fixe tourist menu complete with wines included) are 100 times better than the “Hyatt lounge” food!

But some people want to save money, don’t forget that
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by lowjhg
One night i went up and gave up on finding a seat. Went to the bar beside and perched myself on one of the bar stools and ordered myself some truffled crostinis and a bottle of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs. Much more delectable experience.
And 250 dollars later. LOL
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:27 pm

Fat chance as in good? No luggage. I'll be flying in from LHR. I forgot where ill go through immigration. I’m taking the RER.
Fat chance as in maybe slightly better than "snow ball's chance in hell". UK is no longer part of EU/Schengen, so you will have to go through passport control which may not be too bad in the afternoon without all the USA arrivals, but then there are all the arrivals from outside EU. RER will take more than an hour, walk fast so you don't miss one and then have to wait 15 minutes or so. You should be able to make it to the Hyatt before 7 PM.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.