Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Guar sorry (and corrected)!
What's that?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
What's that?
Guaranteed room available for Globalists even when the hotel is fully booked
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Overall, I liked the Hyatt Regency Paris - for the price, it's quite frankly an amazing value. The location is not a huge turn-off as it's walkable to the Arc de Triomphe, and the Metro is relatively easy to use. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded from a base room to a "Deluxe" Eiffel Tower View on the 29th floor - I am not sure if suites were available or not, but I wouldn't be super excited about a suite that is just two connecting rooms anyway
  • The bed is quite comfortable - plush covers (rare for a HR), plush pillows, decently medium / plush mattress (though, I think it was two connected to each other) - no issues sleeping in this bed for two nights
  • Shower pressure is good
  • Design felt compact but efficient with plenty of ledges, etc for storage
  • The lounger couch was useful and comfortable
  • Tasty bar of chocolate waiting in room as a welcome gift (along with wine, which I don't drink)
  • I appreciated the quality of Housekeeping - she dropped a pillow accidentally and made sure to get a replacement pillow case
  • The lounge was nice - good coffees and hot chocolates, real desserts at tea time (the desserts at tea time were better than those at evening service)
  • Breakfast in the lounge + Skybar was good - good scrambled eggs, good bacon (if you don't look at the color), good croissants - pancakes and waffles could be improved
  • I didn't have an issue with wait times due to the destination dispatch elevators, but you could tell they confused some people
Cons:
  • For some reason, I was auto checked out around 10:30 AM (CC charged, app said checked out, and folio emailed) and folks were knocking at 11 AM - I had forgotten to ask about late checkout, but 10:30 still seems a bit early - I called down and told them I would leave around 1 (they seemed to think I had asked for an early checkout, which doesn't make sense)
I would have no issue returning here to extract value out of nights in Paris.

Photos:

Old Aug 17, 2023, 10:01 pm

Your post is tempting to spend 21k a night here vs the Vendome. Love the view
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Totally recommend this hotel! They treated me very well last year!
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by kaiotes
What are cash rates like? 21K seems high for a points redemption if cash rates were anything like mine - I paid 195 EUR a night on a typical Member Rate, which would only be a 1 CPP redemption or so.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
What are cash rates like? 21K seems high for a points redemption if cash rates were anything like mine - I paid 195 EUR a night on a typical Member Rate, which would only be a 1 CPP redemption or so.
214/night for me. That's even lower than last year. I think I paid closer to 300/night.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Rates are very variable…I just booked 3 nights next June at 400+/night (still half the price of HdL and one fifth of PHV)…
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 3:33 am

214/night for me. That's even lower than last year. I think I paid closer to 300/night.
I just paid 175 EUR from 11.-14. august 2023, we were upgraded to the loft suite (the 4th time)
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have four nights reserved at the glob guaranteed rate of 299 Euros in mid February. The hotel is sold out and the rest of the hyatt properties are ridiculously priced. Hilton prices are reasonable, so there must be something specific happening at that hotel. I am going to call today to see if I can apply a SUA, but doubtful I can use one on this trip.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lalala
I have four nights reserved at the glob guaranteed rate of 299 Euros in mid February. The hotel is sold out and the rest of the hyatt properties are ridiculously priced. Hilton prices are reasonable, so there must be something specific happening at that hotel. I am going to call today to see if I can apply a SUA, but doubtful I can use one on this trip.
299 euros for Glob Guaranteed rate is very low for this hotel. I've only seen 400-500 euros over the past couple years.
lsquare and Warriorconcept like this.

Last edited by CIT85; Aug 18, 2023 at 8:36 pm
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:47 pm

King Bed Room with Eiffel Tower View Deluxe Review

Just finished a 2 night stay and wanted to share my thoughts on the experience:

I booked the stay using cash and applied a club access award. I initially booked a 'King Bed Room with Eiffel Tower View' and was upgraded to 'King Bed Room with Eiffel Tower View Deluxe'. I'm only a Discoverist and was very grateful for the upgrade. Our room was on the 29th floor and had incredible views of the the Eiffel Tower and of Paris. We had free breakfast in the lounge every morning. The food that the lounge offered was great, lots of variety and the offerings changed throughout the day. The lounge also offered free soft drinks, coffee, water, beer and wine. Wine is offered from 6PM-9PM.

Pros:
  • Property and rooms felt modern and fresh
  • Fantastic service
  • Plenty of elevators to use
  • Incredible lounge with lots of offerings, food and drinks
  • Views from our room were amazing
  • Gym was spacious and offered lots of equipment, cardio and machines.
  • Train station two blocks away
Cons:
  • Out of the way from all the touristy things in Paris, except for the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe
  • No direct train from the hotel to the airport

kaiotes likes this.

Last edited by Noeapantoja; Aug 28, 2023 at 1:08 pm Reason: Photos didn't attach correctly.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
May the Globalist breakfast be taken in the main restaurant, or is it limited to the lounge? Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbeckett
May the Globalist breakfast be taken in the main restaurant, or is it limited to the lounge? Thanks.
You can have the Globalist breakfast at the Mayo restaurant. This was my experience in June 2022 and I was able to do this again last week. I had breakfast at the lounge and the restaurant. I prefer the restaurant!
kaiotes likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You can have the Globalist breakfast at the Mayo restaurant. This was my experience in June 2022 and I was able to do this again last week. I had breakfast at the lounge and the restaurant. I prefer the restaurant!
Thank you for the information!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.