Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
swhang, can you let me know if the construction seems long term? I am checking in in June and many on tripadvisor mention how the metro is right at the hotel. Trying to get my bearings. Thanks!
It’s long term for sure as part of the new RER line. To get to the metro, need to pass through the convention center mall and hang a right and cross a light or so to the entrance of the metro on the bypass bridge. There is a closer make-shift entrance (hang a left out of the mall) but requires a lot more walking (in my opinion) through a maze of construction.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
swhang, can you let me know if the construction seems long term? I am checking in in June and many on tripadvisor mention how the metro is right at the hotel. Trying to get my bearings. Thanks!
Current construction is in anticipation of the 2024 Olympics. Front desk agent indicated it might be done in early 2024.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:17 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by myperks
It’s long term for sure as part of the new RER line. To get to the metro, need to pass through the convention center mall and hang a right and cross a light or so to the entrance of the metro on the bypass bridge. There is a closer make-shift entrance (hang a left out of the mall) but requires a lot more walking (in my opinion) through a maze of construction.
Is the basement entrance closed? Previously you could just go to the hotel basement which is a shopping mall of sorts and hop on there... is that entrance closed now?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Is the basement entrance closed? Previously you could just go to the hotel basement which is a shopping mall of sorts and hop on there... is that entrance closed now?
There has not been a Metro entrance from the basement since I've been staying at this hotel right before renovations a few (6-7?) years ago.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by llb09
For the story, until recently Etoile’s Regency Club was one of the few offering
genuine unlimited Champagne during Club Hour. They are likely trying to cut costs though the property is one of the most profitable in Europe.
HR Etoile eliminated Champagne once renovation was completed a few years ago. Even during renovations when RC was closed and the restaurant served as temporary RC, I was able to get Champagne from the Lobby Bar as part of RC offerings. Bar tender would even pour a glass of Billecarte Salmon Brut Rose Champagne. That was a real treat.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by CIT85
HR Etoile eliminated Champagne once renovation was completed a few years ago. Even during renovations when RC was closed and the restaurant served as temporary RC, I was able to get Champagne from the Lobby Bar as part of RC offerings. Bar tender would even pour a glass of Billecarte Salmon Brut Rose Champagne. That was a real treat.
Pretty good for what was effectively a Holiday Inn.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
It was strange they had brought back champagne in December, but was gone again in early April.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CIT85
There has not been a Metro entrance from the basement since I've been staying at this hotel right before renovations a few (6-7?) years ago.
I see - I stayed mid renovation, and you took the elevator to the lobby, then an elevator to the mall / ground floor, and then a 10-15 min underground walk to the station. I am just curious if there is still an ability to walk (underground/etc) from the hotel to the train.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
It was strange they had brought back champagne in December, but was gone again in early April.
Confirming that I enjoyed some champagne at the club lounge in January
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
I see - I stayed mid renovation, and you took the elevator to the lobby, then an elevator to the mall / ground floor, and then a 10-15 min underground walk to the station. I am just curious if there is still an ability to walk (underground/etc) from the hotel to the train.
I'm not sure whether the poster is trying to be technical because it's not "in the basement" or the metro stop is closed or there is no longer access without going outside.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I'm not sure whether the poster is trying to be technical because it's not "in the basement" or the metro stop is closed or there is no longer access without going outside.
Yes - I am trying to understand what they mean, and if its possible to still easily access the stop or not, without going outside.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
You must go outside. The tunnel has been closed for years during construction.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
You must go outside. The tunnel has been closed for years during construction.
Thank you. Now, I hesitate to ask, because it's like pulling teeth, but does anyone know whether it is permanently closed?

I always thought that some of the great things about this hotel were the (late great and cheap) Air France Bus, the mall with the Metro access, the Paul, the Angelina, the grocery store, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Success!! We arrived and app still only showing a king Eiffel Tower view with club access, but also the regency king suite as available. We went to the dedicated line to check-in, around 2:15pm, and agent informed me about the current upgrade. I mentioned I had seen that, but was hoping since I had seen the suite as available we would get upgraded to it. She stepped away for a few moments to speak with her supervisor. They both came back and the supervisor happily informed me they could upgrade us the the Junior Regency Suite with a partial Eiffel Tower view. GREAT! The manager, Renata, was absolutely delightful, professional and even walked us to the Regency Club, while our room was being finished. And she gave us a peak at the Eiffel Tower in the bar, even though it was closed. Great check in and it really set the mood for our stay. We are headed to the club for some drinks and I'll be sure to post some updated.

View from our room when right up on the window, perfect.
This is a fantastic view! Does the hotel have a balcony or a place to go outside and get this view without the window getting in the way? I hate having to deal with reflections!*
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lsquare
This is a fantastic view! Does the hotel have a balcony or a place to go outside and get this view without the window getting in the way? I hate having to deal with reflections!*
​​​​​​Unfortunately no. And I know just what you're talking about. The windows, at least in our room, actualy open up. Now they only open just a few inchens, but it was enough for me to stick my phone out the window and take a picture. Yes, we were 30 floors up and you had bet I had a real tight grip on my phone. The other thing I can't stand, outside of the reflections, are dirty windows. I mean this place is huge and there are a lot of windows, but it just stinks when you have such a good view and the outside windows are just filithy.

But all that said I've got to say this place has been great. We leave tomorrow and we've had just about a perfect 5 nghts. While the room is nothnig spectacular, we are SO glad we got or suite upgrade. The extra space has been really helpful. We've been to Paris twice now, the 1st time we stayed in a small AirBnB on the 6th floor and it too was fun. But the view from this hotel in a room with a view, or the view at breakfast...I just can't imagine anything better in Paris. Sure there are lots of fancy hotels, or other Hyatt's that cost way more points, but this Hotel view, with the free breakfast in the lounge, and snacks and drinks at night...It really has been perfect.

On top of it all we have found the staff to be great! The 2 attendants in the Club Lounge for 4 of our nights were so nice and always went out of there way to take care of us. The concierge was helpful, the front desk was great at check-in...it has just been a perfect ending to our 2 month trip. We would most certainky stay here again when comming to Paris...lets just hope it stays in the cat 4 or lower.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.