Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:44 am

We stayed at HR Etoile Paris last weekend and got a beautiful loft suite as an upgrade. The ceiling height and the view are already awesome (see video).
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:46 am

and there is a smaller one too
tpsmith82 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by clublevel15
We stayed at HR Etoile Paris last weekend and got a beautiful loft suite as an upgrade. The ceiling height and the view are already awesome (see video).
https://youtu.be/kSAx8yHUBhk
That is beautiful.

The standard rooms at the hotel are so small and claustrophobic.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Ok...so now I've looked again at rates and points for my intended stay. I can't tell what in the world is going on. Now if I search for my desired 4 night stay it is showing NO standard room available and only standard suite rooms for 24k points. However if I search each night individually it shows that standard room night of 15K points for each night. Seems this hotel is playing some weird rules / tricks with their rates / points. Possibly they are that booked this far out for their standard rooms, but then again how can I book each night at the standard room rate / points if I wanted.

Is that a possible strategey? If I made 4 seperate bookings at the standard room rate, could I them have them merge the reservation into one? Honestly not dead set on staying in a Hyatt or going the AirBnB route as we did last time, and quite enjoyed, just thought as we will be Globalists/ lights that might be fun to stay in the Hyatt in hopes of getting an upgrade and be able to enjoy a free breakfast and hopfully some lounge access by April....

any thoughts?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Ok...so now I've looked again at rates and points for my intended stay. I can't tell what in the world is going on. Now if I search for my desired 4 night stay it is showing NO standard room available and only standard suite rooms for 24k points. However if I search each night individually it shows that standard room night of 15K points for each night. Seems this hotel is playing some weird rules / tricks with their rates / points. Possibly they are that booked this far out for their standard rooms, but then again how can I book each night at the standard room rate / points if I wanted.

Is that a possible strategey? If I made 4 seperate bookings at the standard room rate, could I them have them merge the reservation into one? Honestly not dead set on staying in a Hyatt or going the AirBnB route as we did last time, and quite enjoyed, just thought as we will be Globalists/ lights that might be fun to stay in the Hyatt in hopes of getting an upgrade and be able to enjoy a free breakfast and hopfully some lounge access by April....

any thoughts?
I can't imagine why they would do this but if you call the general Hyatt number, I'm sure they will merge the reservations. I've done it when I had separate reservations for other reasons.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I can't imagine why they would do this but if you call the general Hyatt number, I'm sure they will merge the reservations. I've done it when I had separate reservations for other reasons.

Thanks for the heads up. After looking a little closer, what I noticed was for 2 of the 4 nights there were only "2 Twin Bed" rooms available. Soooo, I guess since the "1 King Bed" isn't available for the full 4 nights, or the "2 Twin Beds" isn't available for the ful 4 nights it isn't allowing a booking for the full 4 nights at the 15K rate. I find it just amazing that they are that booked out for late April, but then again people are ready to travel and I suppose everyone is hoping for a great Paris spring???
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Yes, the property can also merge the bookings at check in or before if you ask.
And for the rates, I think they must have some kind of events or group bookings for April and they likely tried to restrict bookings. Having all of their standard rooms already booked is really a huge amount of rooms (about 500), it seems to early for so many individual guests to book.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Thanks for the heads up. After looking a little closer, what I noticed was for 2 of the 4 nights there were only "2 Twin Bed" rooms available. Soooo, I guess since the "1 King Bed" isn't available for the full 4 nights, or the "2 Twin Beds" isn't available for the ful 4 nights it isn't allowing a booking for the full 4 nights at the 15K rate. I find it just amazing that they are that booked out for late April, but then again people are ready to travel and I suppose everyone is hoping for a great Paris spring???
Doesn’t this property just put the two twin beds together to make a king bed?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by llb09
Yes, the property can also merge the bookings at check in or before if you ask.
And for the rates, I think they must have some kind of events or group bookings for April and they likely tried to restrict bookings. Having all of their standard rooms already booked is really a huge amount of rooms (about 500), it seems to early for so many individual guests to book.
If the hotel is sold out, it's better to to merge the bookings well before check in.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Doesn’t this property just put the two twin beds together to make a king bed?
In at least some of their rooms that is what they have done. Not sure if that is ever part of a service failure to put in the joiner top “mattress” to sort of fill the gap between the two beds.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anybody with an upcoming stay received notification that a pass sanitaire will be required to stay at the hotel?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Has anybody with an upcoming stay received notification that a pass sanitaire will be required to stay at the hotel?
Yes I got it too.
France is implementing a new law starting next Monday, and the "Pass Sanitaire" will be mandatory in most places : restaurants, bars, hotels, fitness, swimming pools, ... A proof of vaccination, negative test or proof of recovery from Covid from the last 6 months should be sufficient.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:02 am

Just completed a new stay as a Globalist, got upgraded to a lovely Loft suite as well.

Service was much better that on my previous stays during covid restrictions. I believe the hotel has much more staff now. Breakfast was reasonably good, housekeeping only half done though.

Also, for anyone wondering, the Regency Club is now reopened, but not in the original location. It is a private section of the Windo bar, opened from 5pm to 9pm (which seems surprisingly large hours for the evening cocktail). The spread is good and similar that before the pandemic. Breakfast is still served in the Lobby restaurant.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
May be here for a bit in Sept for work - have a nice sub-200EUR rate, would rather do the Hyatt Madeleine for proximity & walking around but it's double that rate
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Dia; Hyatt Glob
I stayed here for two 2-night stays in September. I had nice rooms on the 32nd and 33rd floor, but no suite upgrade as a globalist. The views were very good. The executive lounge was open, as referenced above. The location is not the best, but it is not bad. There were many restaurants within walking distance, and it was conveniently located to Metro, RER, and bus. The price was much better than the other Hyatt options. (I also stayed some nights at the Hilton Paris Opera as a Diamond with a very similar price. I did receive a junior suite, which was significantly larger than the room at the Hyatt, but the view from the room was non-existent and the executive lounge was closed. The Hilton did not offer drink coupons as an alternative to the executive lounge. The Hilton is in a better location. The Hilton did not grant a late checkout request, whereas at the Hyatt, the 4 pm checkout as a globalist is basically automatic.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.