Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by frudd38
I meant this past instance when you had the app open in front of them.
Realized I missed this - thought it was clear from my post, but no I didn't. They effectively told me to pound sand. No suite upgrade for krazykanuck.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Due to a recent cancer diagnosis in the family, we are going to have to cancel our trip here. I have 2 suites and 1 regular room booked via points May 26 - June 2nd 2022. The hotel is sold out. Feel free to post here or PM me if you would like to coordinate a cancel/rebook. Wish we could go but life happens!
Old May 12, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I have a couple of Cat 1-4 certificates to use, and I'm thinking of using them at this hotel. Cash rates are about €250 before taxes. It's tempting to spend the cash, but I do need to find a way to use the certificates. I'm a Globalist, and I only see "Twin Beds with Club Access" for booking. Club access doesn't benefit me as I already get lounge access. Is the room decent enough? Any chance of me getting upgraded to a better room at check-in? Points redemption is 24,000/night. I think I rather spend cash at that rate.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have a couple of Cat 1-4 certificates to use, and I'm thinking of using them at this hotel. Cash rates are about €250 before taxes. It's tempting to spend the cash, but I do need to find a way to use the certificates. I'm a Globalist, and I only see "Twin Beds with Club Access" for booking. Club access doesn't benefit me as I already get lounge access. Is the room decent enough? Any chance of me getting upgraded to a better room at check-in? Points redemption is 24,000/night. I think I rather spend cash at that rate.
I used a cat 1-4 certificate a few weeks ago and booked into a standard twin bed. When I checked-in, they upgraded me to a suite, but it didn't have an Eiffel Tower view. So they let me switch it to a king with an Eiffel Tower view at almost the top floor. The view was stunning. The lounge is terrible for dinner and you don't have a view of Eiffel. For breakfast, I didn't have it b/c I checked out early, but I hear it's much better and it's a different area and so you DO have a view.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
24K points/night is too high for this hotel. Club Access at this hotel is independent of actual room, so I would call Globalist line and ask for availability of Cat 4 award room for use with cert. Whenever I applied TSU, Globalist agent has to call hotel to confirm so this can be done also to confirm standard award room and request upgrade to Eiffel Tower View. When checking in, you can ask availability of suite and/or Eiffel Tower View rooms.

Hotel was completely renovated about 5 years ago, so all the rooms are modern and nice enough, although a bit small but larger than Le Meridien rooms across the street.. I have always had some view of Eiffel Tower if not in a suite at HR Etoile.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:05 pm

Does this hotel play with bookings like some other Hyatts? We're looking at March 15-19 2023 and for some reason the only availability I see outside of suites is the club level double twin. Is something going on in Paris that week? Very strange.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It’s been posited on this and other forums that this hotel games its inventory and makes it nearly impossible to use a Cat 4 certificate, as well as posing issues with redeeming points for regular, non-club rooms.

I’m looking at a three-night stay in Paris at the end of the month, and the only room I could find on points was a club twin at 21K a night, compared to 650+ EUR a night paid in a regular room. Yes, it’s summer in Paris, but for three nights as someone outside the US without a Hyatt credit card and less than 100K points in their account, wiping out 63K points for three nights for a room with benefits I’d automatically get on account of being a Globalist, this doesn’t strike me as a good deal and I’m looking at non-Hyatt properties. I’ve been monitoring availability, and shortly after booking a club twin here just to secure it, all points availability evaporated for two days, then reappeared with another club twin and a premium suite available as well as paid rates across multiple room types, and it’s now down to just one king bed under a “guaranteed availability” rate.

Who knows.

khabah
Old May 14, 2022, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah
It’s been posited on this and other forums that this hotel games its inventory and makes it nearly impossible to use a Cat 4 certificate, as well as posing issues with redeeming points for regular, non-club rooms.

I’m looking at a three-night stay in Paris at the end of the month, and the only room I could find on points was a club twin at 21K a night, compared to 650+ EUR a night paid in a regular room. Yes, it’s summer in Paris, but for three nights as someone outside the US without a Hyatt credit card and less than 100K points in their account, wiping out 63K points for three nights for a room with benefits I’d automatically get on account of being a Globalist, this doesn’t strike me as a good deal and I’m looking at non-Hyatt properties. I’ve been monitoring availability, and shortly after booking a club twin here just to secure it, all points availability evaporated for two days, then reappeared with another club twin and a premium suite available as well as paid rates across multiple room types, and it’s now down to just one king bed under a “guaranteed availability” rate.

Who knows.

khabah
Just to be clear, even though this hotel has rooms available for booking with points doesn't mean I can use a Cat 1-4 certificate here?
Old May 14, 2022, 12:25 am

Just to be clear, even though this hotel has rooms available for booking with points doesn't mean I can use a Cat 1-4 certificate here?
only standard room availability allow for cert redemption. room with club access doesn't fall under that category.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:48 am

Sorry... I should have done some research before posting... I was just frustrated after looking for a multitude of combinations of people/points/etc and finding nothing. Has anyone ever had luck with contacting WoH on these types of hotel issues? I've run into them a couple times but it usually was fixed by booking longer stays and shortening or other games.

I’m looking at a three-night stay in Paris at the end of the month, and the only room I could find on points was a club twin at 21K a night, compared to 650+ EUR a night paid in a regular room. Yes, it’s summer in Paris, but for three nights as someone outside the US without a Hyatt credit card and less than 100K points in their account, wiping out 63K points for three nights for a room with benefits I’d automatically get on account of being a Globalist, this doesn’t strike me as a good deal and I’m looking at non-Hyatt properties
Exactly. I might lose globalist by the time I go, but I will have club rewards that I could use, and a couple free night certs. I wish they would just stop playing games. Just change categories if you don't want people to stay with certs.

We'll probably still stay here since we are a family of five, so even fitting in to two rooms in Paris is challenging. We'll likely do one suite and one of the double twins. It's still a reasonable value, but a super frustrating booking experience.
​​​​​​​
Old May 14, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This is View from the Wing's beat.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a way to quickly search for an available date to use my Cat 1-4 FNC at this hotel? It seems like there are no standard rooms available for any dates I check!
Old May 15, 2022, 1:13 am

Not that I've found! I have a 3 day stay on points ($15K/standard room) coming up next week but it was a total stroke of luck that I found it. I may tack on a few paid nights but will report back to this thread on my stay!
Old May 15, 2022, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by madderlake
Not that I've found! I have a 3 day stay on points ($15K/standard room) coming up next week but it was a total stroke of luck that I found it. I may tack on a few paid nights but will report back to this thread on my stay!
Wow, you are lucky to have snagged a regular room - all I can find are those pesky club rooms. I might just cancel my points stay here and go with my backup reservation at Le Méridien Étoile across the street - at least they’re not playing games the way this hotel is.

khabah
Old May 15, 2022, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, you are lucky to have snagged a regular room - all I can find are those pesky club rooms. I might just cancel my points stay here and go with my backup reservation at Le Méridien Étoile across the street - at least they’re not playing games the way this hotel is.

khabah
A good alternative? I honestly can't find any availability to use my FNC. It's looking like I'll have to pay cash to stay at the HR Paris Etoile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.