FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 12, 2022, 3:33 pm
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I have a couple of Cat 1-4 certificates to use, and I'm thinking of using them at this hotel. Cash rates are about €250 before taxes. It's tempting to spend the cash, but I do need to find a way to use the certificates. I'm a Globalist, and I only see "Twin Beds with Club Access" for booking. Club access doesn't benefit me as I already get lounge access. Is the room decent enough? Any chance of me getting upgraded to a better room at check-in? Points redemption is 24,000/night. I think I rather spend cash at that rate.
24K points/night is too high for this hotel. Club Access at this hotel is independent of actual room, so I would call Globalist line and ask for availability of Cat 4 award room for use with cert. Whenever I applied TSU, Globalist agent has to call hotel to confirm so this can be done also to confirm standard award room and request upgrade to Eiffel Tower View. When checking in, you can ask availability of suite and/or Eiffel Tower View rooms.

Hotel was completely renovated about 5 years ago, so all the rooms are modern and nice enough, although a bit small but larger than Le Meridien rooms across the street.. I have always had some view of Eiffel Tower if not in a suite at HR Etoile.